Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Minute's applause for lost Spurs fan.

Just been nosing on the Spurs forum and came across the following:

My 22 year old son Michael Read was hit by a car and killed on the 2nd of October.
He was a massive Spurs fan and we watched all the matches together. He will be mentioned in the obituary section of the programme on Sunday, and I will be sitting in my usual seat, but without him next to me. We miss him so much.
It would be great to get everyone applauding in his memory on 22 mins. He would love that. I'll be in stand 503 with some of his family. If you could do that and spread the word through any other forums it would make Sunday's game even more special for us and for Michael. 

A terrible thing for anyone to lose a child, at whatever age, and it is events like this when sporting rivalries are hopefully forgotten and sports fans join as one, if only briefly. I have no doubt that Norwich fans will show respect to the family.

• Like 10

Thanks for the heads up. Very sad occasion for all family and friends. Have told my daughter who will be at the game to spread the word.

Very sad to read that Sooty. I and others will be there and will certainly joining on the 22nd minute mark. Having that empty seat must be hard on the poor chap.

A real opportunity to show what special fans Norwich have, and that we understand that some things are more important than inter-club rivalry.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, East Rider said:

Very sad to read that Sooty. I and others will be there and will certainly joining on the 22nd minute mark. Having that empty seat must be hard on the poor chap.

I couldn't imagine it 😔 heartbreaking. I'd want to carry on paying the season ticket for as long as I went 😔. Would be a nice gesture if word spread around all ncfc fans. Maybe if anyone has twitter or whatever send a tweet to Connor Southwell or Paddy Davitt to get something put on the edp website? 

10 hours ago, S27 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Very sad occasion for all family and friends. Have told my daughter who will be at the game to spread the word.

I believe there was a similar gesture at a lot of today’s games on the 8th minute for that poor little lad Arthur killed by his wicked so called parents ….. i know it was done at Ipswich today .