Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Gaining yards from throw-ins

Yes I know all teams, including us, do it but yesterday from Wolves was the worst I’ve ever seen. Why not give the linesman the same spray the refs have, mark the spot for the throw in, simple.

27 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Yes I know all teams, including us, do it but yesterday from Wolves was the worst I’ve ever seen. Why not give the linesman the same spray the refs have, mark the spot for the throw in, simple.

Not simple at all when you actually think about it. Each linesman only covers one half of the pitch. Fine if the throw happens to be in their half, but it won't work if the throw is in the other half. 

• Like 1

I realise the gist now from the topic... but I'm still waiting to see Normann's long throws but i guess the lack of them has been due to his pelvic injury and not tactics. A great weapon to have i reckon.

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Not simple at all when you actually think about it. Each linesman only covers one half of the pitch. Fine if the throw happens to be in their half, but it won't work if the throw is in the other half. 

Yes you will need linesman on both sides, maybe not a bad thing

This is a pet hate of mine. Like not taking free kicks from the right spot too. Wolves yesterday had a throw right in the Community Stand corner (the ball actually came off the corner flag) but Semedo was halfway to Gas Hill by the time he threw it in.

That's one of those things where technically a referee can jump on it by calling it a foul throw. And whilst it is true that the assistant has one half of the pitch, in theory with the diagonal method of control between the referee and his assistants, the referee should be close enough to spray where it should be before heading back into a better position to judge where the ball lands and the restart of play.

A linesman in each half would block/hit the players warming up. The refs could easily stop this by a warning to the players in the dressing room before the game.  An early booking would soon end it.

Another one of those rules that seems to escape the lack of focus it probably needs, goalkeepers taking more than six seconds or drop kicking it outside the area are another two which are technically against the rules that never seen to get pulled up for...

13 minutes ago, RobJames said:

A linesman in each half would block/hit the players warming up. The refs could easily stop this by a warning to the players in the dressing room before the game.  An early booking would soon end it.

I have always said there should be 4 linos, don’t see how they would get in the way of players warming up they would just have stay a bit further off the pitch.

Semedo was pinching yards yesterday at the Barclay end

Edited by city4eva

18 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I have always said there should be 4 linos, don’t see how they would get in the way of players warming up they would just have stay a bit further off the pitch.

Semedo was pinching yards yesterday at the Barclay end

What happens when one lino thinks it's onside and the other thinks it's offside? Or am I missing something obvious.

3 hours ago, 1902 said:

What happens when one lino thinks it's onside and the other thinks it's offside? Or am I missing something obvious.

I hadn’t thought of that. But we have VAR

32 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I hadn’t thought of that. But we have VAR

Ohh god, that could be fun.

Practice taking thousands of long throws at the training ground. So when NCFC is awarded a throw-in in an area near the corner flag on match day, our player can lob the ball as far as possible towards the opposition goal, just like a corner but more accurate and use it as a killer set-piece. (try different scenarios to score goals)