Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Timmy, Timmy Krul

On 21/11/2021 at 10:40, Worthy Nigelton said:

We're the only team in his entire career he has been able to grab the number spot for more than a season. A career sub-keeper (us aside).

He spent over a decade as first choice.

Try again.

1 minute ago, kirku said:

He spent over a decade as first choice.

Try again.

Us aside. We're the only place he has ever been number one for an extended period of time. I didnt rate him then and my opinion hasn't changed.

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

Us aside. We're the only place he has ever been number one for an extended period of time. I didnt rate him then and my opinion hasn't changed.

It's such an illogical argument to make, I don't even know where to begin. 

As I demonstrated previously, your opinion is wrong.

And, just to pre-empt, opinions can be wrong, despite what your favourite primary school teacher once told you.

Just now, kirku said:

It's such an illogical argument to make, I don't even know where to begin. 

As I demonstrated previously, your opinion is wrong.

And, just to pre-empt, opinions can be wrong, despite what your favourite primary school teacher once told you.

My opinion that he wasn't very good is wrong? Alright pal.

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

My opinion that he wasn't very good is wrong? Alright pal.

Yes, exactly that.

Your opinion is based on nothing; you have no understanding of the facts nor any particularly interesting or credible insight.

On the other hand, there are reams of respected opinions and facts as to why what you are saying is nonsense. 

That is why it is wrong.

In my opinion, Ronaldo just isn't very good. Which one? Both of them. Combined. They're crap.

Edited by kirku

Just now, kirku said:

Yes, exactly that.

Your opinion is based on nothing; you have no understanding of the facts nor any particularly interesting or credible insight.

On the other hand, there are reams of respected opinions and facts as to why what you are saying is nonsense. 

That is why it is wrong.

Here's some facts for you. Six out seven seasons he conceded in excess of 50 goals. Five out seven in excess of 60 goals. In a season where we finished 8th in the second tier he conceded one shy of 70 goals.

Even after his one decent season in terms of goals conceded with Wolves, they binned him from number one the very next season. Maybe Nuno (an ex goalkeeper) knows something you dont - respected opinions and all that.

Not a very good keeper.

17 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Here's some facts for you. Six out seven seasons he conceded in excess of 50 goals. Five out seven in excess of 60 goals. In a season where we finished 8th in the second tier he conceded one shy of 70 goals.

Even after his one decent season in terms of goals conceded with Wolves, they binned him from number one the very next season. Maybe Nuno (an ex goalkeeper) knows something you dont - respected opinions and all that.

Not a very good keeper.

Do you know the difference between correlation and causation? This post would strongly indicate you do not.

On the one hand, we have Roy Hodgson, successive Norwich managers, a whole squad of Premier League footballers, and countless other coaches and managers.

On the other, you, scrolling Wikipedia, confused as to why Wolves might prefer Rui Patricio.

It's a compelling narrative you weave but it just about falls short of, well, anything...

Edited by kirku

Just now, kirku said:

Do you know the difference between correlation and causation? This post would strongly indicate you do not.

On the one hand, we have the Roy Hodgson, successive Norwich managers, a whole squad of Premier League footballers, and countless other coaches and managers. On the other, you, scrolling Wikipedia.

It's a compelling narrative you weave but it just about falls short of, well, anything...

Roy Hodgson played him for one half in a friendly didn't he? Spinning a narrative works both ways...

Ultimately, his stats are dreadful, Norwich aside, he never holds down the No. 1 shirt and got beat every time Luis Suarez took a shot from 86 yards out.

The worst regular Norwich keeper I've seen in my time supporting the club but my opinion is wrong I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Roy Hodgson played him for one half in a friendly didn't he? Spinning a narrative works both ways...

Ultimately, his stats are dreadful, Norwich aside, he never holds down the No. 1 shirt and got beat every time Luis Suarez took a shot from 86 yards out.

The worst regular Norwich keeper I've seen in my time supporting the club but my opinion is wrong I guess. 

There were rumours (I think confirmed, he certainly moved out of his house for a while) Ruddy cheated on his missus. It wasn't with your other half was it?

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

There were rumours (I think confirmed, he certainly moved out of his house for a while) Ruddy cheated on him missus. It wasn't with your other half was it?

Now that's the interesting insight I was talking about..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I was going to ask if you were 11, in which case you might've had a point, but then I remembered that we had Angus in for a season so even that wouldn't wash.

4 minutes ago, kirku said:

I was going to ask if you were 11, in which case you might've had a point, but then I remembered that we had Angus in for a season so even that wouldn't wash.

Gunn Sr was keeper in my first ever season ticket season. Although Gunn Jr is also better than Ruddy.

If your argument is that is he better keeper than me, then yes, he is. I'll give you that. He is also better than loads of other professional keepers, that is true as well. Theoklitis, also yes, he is better than him.  Gunn, Green, Marshall(s), Forster, A Gunn, Krul... nah he's the worst of that bunch by a distance.

16 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Gunn Sr was keeper in my first ever season ticket season. Although Gunn Jr is also better than Ruddy.

If your argument is that is he better keeper than me, then yes, he is. I'll give you that. He is also better than loads of other professional keepers, that is true as well. Theoklitis, also yes, he is better than him.  Gunn, Green, Marshall(s), Forster, A Gunn, Krul... nah he's the worst of that bunch by a distance.

Just so I've got this right:

Ruddy is a "career sub-keeper, us aside" and this is the basis for your informed opinion, but Angus Gunn is better despite his only season as first choice being with us in the Championship when we finished 14th?

David Marshall, who has been the very definition of a second tier level keeper for his entire career, save for a season and half for two teams relegated from the Prem. Pretty much the same story for Andy Marshall.

Makes perfect sense.

Can we ALL agree on one thing?

We have been very lucky to have had some great goalkeepers over the years, going back to at least the mid to late 1950’s (and no I’m not that old to have been watching NCFC back then - but know people who did).

We will all have our opinion as to whom we think is/was the best but it would be interesting if someone could set up a poll on here so we can all vote for our favourite and see who comes out on top.

On 22/11/2021 at 11:17, spencer 1970 said:

WOODS

GUNN

KEELAN

GREEN

RUDDY

KRUL

I have him in 6th. 

Michael Theoklitos is just behind Mark Bowen in 39th place.

Where do you put Daryl Sutch lol ?

9 hours ago, kirku said:

Just so I've got this right:

Ruddy is a "career sub-keeper, us aside" and this is the basis for your informed opinion, but Angus Gunn is better despite his only season as first choice being with us in the Championship when we finished 14th?

David Marshall, who has been the very definition of a second tier level keeper for his entire career, save for a season and half for two teams relegated from the Prem. Pretty much the same story for Andy Marshall.

Makes perfect sense.

Gunn's career isnt finished yet.

David Marshall has been first choice wherever he's been and has had a better career than Ruddy.

Andy Marshall, granted, theres an argument on that one, but I thought he was better in his time as our number one.

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Gunn's career isnt finished yet.

David Marshall has been first choice wherever he's been and has had a better career than Ruddy.

Andy Marshall, granted, theres an argument on that one, but I thought he was better in his time as our number one.

Delusional

On 22/11/2021 at 16:05, canarydan23 said:

There were rumours (I think confirmed, he certainly moved out of his house for a while) Ruddy cheated on his missus. It wasn't with your other half was it?

And Lampard must have slept with your other half judging by your reaction to his rumoured appointment as our manager. 😉

On 20/11/2021 at 17:44, Dame to Blame said:

I think Kevin Keelan might have something to say about that, but then i am older enough to remember how brilliant he was.

There was a guy called Bryan Gunn who wasn’t bad either!!

32 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Not really. I just never rated John Ruddy for many reasons as detailed.

It's been a rambling stream of illogical nonsense.

The only theory that's actually made any sense is the one where someone suggested he'd done you over

14 minutes ago, kirku said:

It's been a rambling stream of illogical nonsense.

The only theory that's actually made any sense is the one where someone suggested he'd done you over

I've changed my mind now you've pointed that out. He was brilliant.

On 20/11/2021 at 17:52, The Real Buh said:

Ok oldies, I’ll rephrase to protect your feelings.

Tim Krul is the best keeper who has

>played in the era of being allowed goalkeeping gloves

>didn’t wear one of those floppy caps

>can’t smoke a cigarette while the balls down the other end 

Regularly capped for one of europes top national sides