Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rages

I Wonder..............

Do you think that given the players awareness of the discontent on the terraces, that some of them would look on forums such as this to see what people really think about them?

Or would they just not care and get on with it?

I''ve tried to think what I''d do.

I think that curiosity would get the better of me.

I''d have a little peak.

What say you?

well i think chants of Hoof it too McVeigh!!  outside the dressing room sem to have had an effect...  If only we had been chanting No More Hoofball earlier in the season maybe the players would have kept the ball on the ground more then and we may have been higher up the table...  As obviously the word wasnt coming from the dressing room..

I think that they would have a peak - and would all probably have a good chuckle at what some people are posting (maybe with the exception of Hughes!)

Who knows - last week the club repeatedly said the tuesday night protests had a negative effect on player morale yet Rehman only yesterday confimed that it has no impact as they are professional players focused on doing their jobs...

Players have to be pretty thick skinned with rival supporters and press commentary likely to be negative at some stage in their career so in some respects they are used to it but I dare say there are many who will look and have their confidence shaken; 

I have always thought the impact of a support loud crowd is overstated as any pro player will be concentrating on the game and mentally cutting out the crowd,  and so likewise suggest that the negative impact is also likely to be minimal;  but I am not a player nor psychologist.  

They are well rewarded for being in the public eye so a little citicism should be acceptable, just as it is with ay celebrity or performer.  What marks out s special person is how they react in adverse situations and seek self improvement

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]hucks is an avid ''checker'' of message boards[/quote]

I`m dying to know how you came to this conclusion  Rossi !   LOL   

I can''t believe they let you post that. I''ve had two posts not accepted on here because apparently they were rumours.

One was about the queen actually being a lizard person and the other was about seeing Rick Waller in a pie shop. Kidding of course.   ;-)

Wasnt there an interview with him a while ago suggesting that he did indeed spend some time browsing?   Struggling to recall anymore details than that and entirely possible my memory is playing tricks on me again..

well one explantion sheded is that i could be dreaming, another could be that I am deliberately making it up. I guess another could be that I''m his window cleaner, but alas I happen to know becasue he has said it before in the press.

I think it would be really tempting to check the message boars as a player. Who knows, some of the players might post on here under different names! I can''t imagine they would like much of what they read though if so!! It wouldn''t so much for the morale or confidence!! I should imagine Worthy makes a point of giving them an extra wide berth!!!

I think you''ll find that the majority of footballers do have pc''s and do read the message boards!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I think you''ll find that the majority of footballers do have pc''s and do read the message boards!!

[/quote] I bet some of them find it really hard not to retaliate to some of the insulting/negative posts then!! :-/

I''m sorry but I really doubt that our millionaire superstars ever log on to a fan web board and read the comments - get over yourselves!!! Wishful thinking only I''m afraid.

As for the argument that singing near the dressing rooms changed player attitudes ... do me a favour! We are changing our tactics because we have swapped a leggy target-man for a stumpy wasp-man and the team are adapting to that

OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

footballers can read???!!! im shcoked!!!!! just joking of course! [;)]

jas :)

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

I''m sorry but I really doubt that our millionaire superstars ever log on to a fan web board and read the comments - get over yourselves!!! Wishful thinking only I''m afraid.

As for the argument that singing near the dressing rooms changed player attitudes ... do me a favour! We are changing our tactics because we have swapped a leggy target-man for a stumpy wasp-man and the team are adapting to that

OTBC

[/quote]

Its nice to see you agree with me that Nigel has been advocating a hoofball game all season until now.  Just a shame he cannot realise just cos a player is tall doesnt mean he cant be good on the deck.  And that some tall players would rather the ball was being passed around than endlessly hoofed at them.

On reflection ,   isn`t it human nature to  want to know what people are saying about you ?   so its not beyond  probability that the players   DO look into the message boards !     which is a scary thought   .....   wonder how many  of our players   have read  the less than flattering posts about them  ?  

So there you go !   every post you make  could influence  the outcome of the next match ...   its not Nigels fault at all   , its you lot !!    roflmao    , got to run , I have this little guy with a Welsh accent  giving me the evil eye   [:$]

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]hucks is an avid ''checker'' of message boards[/quote]

How do you know (serious question)?