Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

Predictions for play offs.

Right here are my predictions forus and the teams we are competing with and what I think will genuinlyn hppen.

Norwich                                                                   Ipswich

Palace away d                                                          Leicester home w

Stoke home w                                                           Preston away l

Leeds away L                                                           Millwall home w

Sheffield united home w                                             Palace away l

burnley away W                                                        Hull home w

Leicseter home w                                                      Luton away l

Preston away l                                                          Stoke home w

Sheffield Wednesday away w                                    Brighton home w

QPR home w                                                            Watford away l

Cardiff away w                                                          Derby home w

Wolves home w                                                          Plymouth away d

Thats a total of 71 points                                             Thats a total of 66 points

Luton Town                                                                 Wolves

Leeds away l                                                               Hull away w

Millwall away w                                                           QPR away l

leicester home w                                                          Stoke home w

Derby home w                                                              Cardiff home w

Brighton away w                                                          Reading away l

Ipswich home w                                                           Sheffield wednesday home w

Watford away l                                                             Plymouth away d

Coventry home w                                                          Coventry home w

Plymouth away d                                                           Watford home l

sheffield united home d                                                   Preston away l

Burnley away l                                                               Brighton home w

Thats a total of 68 points.                                                Norwich away l

Thats a total of 69 points.

Cardiff#

watford away l                                                                Crystal Palace

sheffield wednesday home w                                           Norwich home d

wolves away l                                                                 leeds home d

plymouth away d                                                             stoke away d

qpr home w                                                                     ipswich home w

southampton away l                                                          leeds away l

reading home l                                                                  derby away d

sheffield united home l                                                        watford home l

crewe away d                                                                   leicster away w

norwich home l                                                                   Crewe home w

coventry away l                                                                   Burnley away d

Total of 60 points for Cardiff ( tough run in)                          Saints home d

Sheffield united away l

72 points for palace. (play off place)

PNE

Reading away l

Ipswich home w

Brighton away l

Sheffield wednesday away d

Plymouth home w

Coventry away d

Norwich home w

Leiscter away l

wolves home w

Hull away d

leeds home l

Thats a total of 70 points.

So by my reckoning its guna be us and palace that sneak the two final play off places. I tried not to be biased also I promise. So this proves its all to play for for the boys. We can do this with our support. Im sure of it!

That means palace 5th

Norwich 6th

Preston 7th

Wolves 8th

Luton 9th

Ipswich 10th

Cardif 11th

i did this with green & yella tinted specs back in jan & predicted city 2 make the playoffs - got slagged by some posters for being unrealistic. on reflection, they were right.who knows though, hope you''re right.

If you are correct and I sure hope you are, the final match against Wolves sould ge a good un, a repeat of our last play of season but with a more satisfactory play off final I hope.

I was expecting the Wolves game to be important and chose it as one of my 5 hat trick matches way back in July.

Your being well harsh on Preston, theyve had a superb run which does not look like halying yet you have them losing or drawing all their away games, yet have us winning or drawing ours.

VERY wishful thinking IMO.

Jon I am more interested in how you will feel if the unlikely scenario which you feel might result after two fortuitous results against the Divisions lesser lights doesn''t transpire, will you be calling for Worthy''s head if City don''y make the play offs after the money spent assembling the team.  Should City have been better placed after last season.

Preston and Palace will be at least 10 points clear of City.

Can''t see Preston dropping that many points, especially not losing to Brighton!!

Really hope that you are right and would be happy if we managed that many wins in our run in, but still don''t think it would be enough to make the play-offs.

It would for me however, show enough improvement to keep worthy in the job for next season and hopefully lead to a successful campaign next year.

Jon, I hope like every fan that you are right, and i do not want to criticise the hours that you have spent looking into your crystal ball, but this season has been one disappointment after another. If you are so convinced then i would talk to your local bookmaker, I''m sure he would give you great odds. Yes anything could happen but look at it another way....there is no way we deserve a play off place in the same way that we did not deserve to remain in the prem. Yes we were close, and we may be close again, but Waghorns six points short article a few days ago is clearly the way he sees it.

If Norwich are to creep into the play offs then not only do they need a team already there to have a monumental slip up, and to catch and pass the four teams between us and the play offs. In terms of slip up I cant see Palace or Preston slipping up to the extent they would need to for us to catch them and if they did the teams above us would be going hammer and nail as well. Mathematically possible, but so is winning the lottery, it doesnt mean that you will though. 10 out of 10 for optimism.

[quote user="gazban"]

Your being well harsh on Preston, theyve had a superb run which does not look like halying yet you have them losing or drawing all their away games, yet have us winning or drawing ours.

VERY wishful thinking IMO.

[/quote]

he has actually missed 2 preston games off the list.  He has only listed 11 games whereas they have 13 to go...

71 points is incredibly low to get into the playoffs.

As posted a few weeks ago it''s been 75/76 points minimum to get into the playoffs the last 5 seasons.

That said, I hope you''re right, will be one hell of an exciting run in!

[quote user="Islington Canary"]

71 points is incredibly low to get into the playoffs.

As posted a few weeks ago it''s been 75/76 points minimum to get into the playoffs the last 5 seasons.

That said, I hope you''re right, will be one hell of an exciting run in!

[/quote]

Actually 73 points would of got you in the play offs in 2 of the last 5

seasons(2002/2003 and 2003/2004).That said I think at the best we will

end on 70.Thats with a good run something not likely to happen.Make

that 73 if we win tomorrow though :)