Jimbo1

Unpopular Opinion - Lees-Melou isn’t a PL midfielder

51 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The previous poster had already said Man City. 

He’s a good champs player, but that’s all. 

Lees Melou and Kenny shouldn’t be in the same midfield, but we do need one of them.

Agree with the last bit.

The problem with Kenny is he isn't stand out at anything, he just does the basics and tends to do them better than the rest of our midfield , or at least he did two seasons ago at this level 

I'm not sure that I can really accept this so-called 'lack of ambition' and 'Little Old Norwich' mentality in total as being the reason for our current position in the hierarchy. Neither can I accept such criticism of our support. History refutes this. It's just that there has never been genuine "big" money behind the club.

Interesting to note that Bradley Johnson was cited as an example of all this. We bought him from Leeds  when they were skint.  It has never, ever been "Little Old Leeds," nevertheless. We sold him to Derby County, whose 'ambition' nearly led them to extinction.

There's something in it, of course, and I suppose that it's part of the package of accepting the Delia Smith model, for good or bad. Wasn't it her who first coined that particularly awful and self-depreciating phrase?

It's a model which means we are only financially capable of seeking out the Lees-Melous of the game, rather than multi-million pound players on massive wages, but it's a model which nevertheless makes us able to invest far more in the market that the vast majority of the ninety-two, as incompatible as it seems to be with survival at the top level.

No doubt this particular discussion will evolve with heated debate if the season continues to be a disaster, but dissolve into thin air should things turn. It's the way of all football supporters. 

Never mind, in that recent article from Daniel Storey, which was posted on here and which received general acclaim, it is stated that we will likely win the Championship again next season. If so then at least we are buying time for change and change comes slowly in Norfolk, or so we are told.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Tend to agree he isn’t a premier league starter but probably a squad player and would be very decent in the championship. Most worrying thing is that he’s probably been the best and most consistent of all our new signings bar Norman…which explains why we have been so rubbish this season.

McLean is one of my least favourite players but I recognise he has done a good job for us in championship but he has been absolute garbage this year and I can not understand how he has been selected every game…another reason why we are struggling so bad.

Looking at the title of your thread, I don't know why you thought it would be an unpopular opinion. It seems to me that anything that criticises the team, the players, the owners, the manager or anything to do with the club is very popular. It is those that try to be positive (like LDC) or put things in context that tend to attract opprobrium.

Its sad that most dont rate Mclean or PLM, and yet they start every game regardless of performance (or lack of) 

When Farke substitutes Gian at half time, despite others playing as poorly, you wonder how both are ahead of Sorensen and even Rupp

I think he is a ok signing. And deserv to start against Leeds. Will be importent next season

Personaly I would have liked to have Trybull at the club. Think he was ok. And a good championship players.

Edited by Olano