Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Brandon Williams signs on loan

12 hours ago, Yobocop said:

I disagree we needed some decent cover at full back as Aarons Giannoulis with Mumba in support is not enough and there is still plenty of time to address the DM role 

To be fair, i was going off what i remembered of him when he played against us, and a few times i'd seen him with United  I Watched one of those highlight vids on Youtube last night, and he's a far better than I initially thought.  Quite impressive infact.

I really want Dimi to do well here, but if those highlights are truly representable - we really do need players like him badly in the mix.  It's just gutting though, as I think Dimi is one of our better players and just needs time.

However, both him and Aarons are much more 'polite' players.. And we're already far too nice!

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I love the way Giannoulis is be written off because of one bad game vs one of the best in Europe, when the previous week many had him down as MOTM vs Liverpool. Sums our fans up at times though 🙄

Absolutely this. One of our best performers last season once he got going, we went on a run of only conceding 2 goals in 8 games or something ridiculous when he signed for us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I love the way Giannoulis is be written off because of one bad game vs one of the best in Europe, when the previous week many had him down as MOTM vs Liverpool. Sums our fans up at times though 🙄

I certainly wouldn't write him off at this stage and yes, against Liverpool he had some good moment but I'd argue he was poor defensively against them too. 

Like you say, he's against the best in the world in those positions so far so its unfair to judge him on those alone.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I certainly wouldn't write him off at this stage and yes, against Liverpool he had some good moment but I'd argue he was poor defensively against them too. 

Like you say, he's against the best in the world in those positions so far so its unfair to judge him on those alone.

Indeed, he took a few games last year to get up to speed, but when he got there he was really good. It’s good to have cover for a long season and competition drives performance.

I wonder if Brandon can slot in at right back and Farke could the deploy Max as a right wing back. I've always considered Aarons to be a more attacking minded player, he's played further forward for the England under 21's.

Edited by MORDENCANARY
Spelling.

1 hour ago, MORDENCANARY said:

I wonder if Brandon can slot in at right back and Farke could the deploy Max as a right wing back. I've always considered Aarons to be a more attacking minded player, he's played further forward for the England under 21's.

I did think we might have deployed a back 5 against City, but we didn't. Might have been good to have Aarons, Omo, Hanly, Gibson and Dimi at the back, which would allow the fullbacks to get further up the pitch than normal

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

To be fair, i was going off what i remembered of him when he played against us, and a few times i'd seen him with United  I Watched one of those highlight vids on Youtube last night, and he's a far better than I initially thought.  Quite impressive infact.

I really want Dimi to do well here, but if those highlights are truly representable - we really do need players like him badly in the mix.  It's just gutting though, as I think Dimi is one of our better players and just needs time.

However, both him and Aarons are much more 'polite' players.. And we're already far too nice!

Can’t disagree with that 

He was extremely good. I must admit I had/have my reservations about him but his performance was summed up by one sumptous 30 yard ball down the line with the outside of his boot to play Tzolis in. Defensively he looked solid as well but we must remember this is a totally different test to the one Giann has had vs. Salah and Jesus/Sterling.

Williams starts for me vs. Leicester though.

Thought he looked very good tonight and was a solid foundation which allowed Tzolis to go do his thing.

I received a few raised eyebrows when I suggested Williams would eventually overthrow Dimi for the left back spot after the Liverpool match. But even I didn't think it would be this quick. 

BW grew into the game steadily and then really moved up a gear in the second half. Looks far more comfortable on his right foot though, certainly not naturally left footed. That said, one probing low left footed cross in second half was begging to be converted. Very encouraging start from him. Lets face it you don't come through the ranks at Old Trafford and make the first team as he has done without being a very decent player.