Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Every opening day PL goal..

Seaman had a nightmare! I turned up to the Arsenal game but didn’t realise it was all ticket and didn’t get in 😳

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Seaman had a nightmare! I turned up to the Arsenal game but didn’t realise it was all ticket and didn’t get in 😳

Gutting. Though at half time, 2-0 down you must have been thinking probably a good thing!

That Whittaker goal against Everton always makes me chuckle. The way the ball keeps getting drawn to him makes it look like he's the only one of the 22 players who's actually playing. 

12 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Gutting. Though at half time, 2-0 down you must have been thinking probably a good thing!

Yeah, I was walking around in London and tuned in to the halftime scores and thought exactly that. I then tuned in at full time and heard a snippet that mentioned a great comeback so I thought we had probably got a draw.

It was only when I got home that I saw that we had won. Then my dad told me that he had noticed that the fixture list in the newspaper had an asterisk by it and what did it mean-‘An all ticket match’ I told him!

12 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Did we actually win any of those since Arsenal?

I don't believe we have. 

Hux (H Palace 1-1)

Hoolahan (A Wigan 1-1)

Whittaker and Wolfswinkel (H Everton 2-2)

Redmond (H Palace 1-3)

Pukki (A Liverpool 4-1)

• Thanks 1

Arsenal 1992 same for me thought bound to get ticket from tout no luck there.  Got train back to Stevenage and got to Broadhall Way at half time to find 2-0 down.  The second half on Sky was sheer joy however best first day ever.

2 hours ago, AJ said:

I don't believe we have. 

Hux (H Palace 1-1)

Hoolahan (A Wigan 1-1)

Whittaker and Wolfswinkel (H Everton 2-2)

Redmond (H Palace 1-3)

Pukki (A Liverpool 4-1)

So much excitement for that season.. I thought we had the players to push the top half of the EPL. 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

So much excitement for that season.. I thought we had the players to push the top half of the EPL. 

Definitely, first time I felt we had a Premier League squad that was not just punching above their weight but able to compete. Fer and Wolfswinkel were big signings. Somewhere, in an alternative universe... 😪

Edited by AJ