I’m really impressed by Omobamdele, looks so composed and reads the game really well. Going to be a star…..I’d even go as far as to say he’ll be good enough this season as a back up to our starting duo.

Idah is by far our best all round striker, Pukki has game knowledge and a superb finish. Two very good options, then there’s Hugill! Last resort.

51 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I think people are getting a bit carried away here. He clearly has something about him but I'm not convinced he's the answer just yet.

There is  no answer, only temporary solutions. Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, Upo said:

Big guys need to be given more time to reach their potential I think. Idah is 20, but basically we should think of him like he was 19. I'm quite thrilled at his prospects. I admit I may have underestimated him, because I didn't take his physicality into account.

The question is whether he takes that admittedly big step forward this season. We should give him benefit of doubt even if he struggles a bit. Keep up his confidence.

👍 A fine example would be Lukaku. Similar flashes when young and still growing,  matured into a fine player.  Here's hoping AI follows that template. 

58 minutes ago, Krul Mistress said:

Yeah weird argument given you basically agree with each other. I agree with pretty much everything both of you have said with the exception of @horsefly saying Pukki definitely wouldn't have scored that goal which I also consider to be a bizarre take.

Erm! Where did I say He "definitely" wouldn't have scored that goal"??? My point was that in all the goals Pukki has scored, that sort of tap-in is not typical. Idah as a more traditional CF tends to get into that sort of position where Pukki tends to hang back more on the edge of the box. My main point was that if were were to adopt a plan B approach involving wingers whipping in crosses, I would rather have Idah challenging to get on the end of them than Pukki. Not that controversial I would have thought, but each to his own.

The argument was caused by FatCanary completely misrepresenting what I had said ( with an attending rude jibe) and then adding to my annoyance by going on to make exactly the same point that I had actually made myself (Read the thread if you can be bothered and you will see why I was annoyed). But credit where it's due he did later apologise for that misrepresentation.

The thing I've liked from him so far this preseason is the instincts he's shown- his goals seem to be 'right place right time' which is a great trait for a striker.

Obviously it is much easier to find the space in these instances when you're playing the likes of Gillingham or Kings Lynn but its a promising sign none the less.

I think it's good to remember that there is a difference between a promising young player and a player who is "competition" for the centre-forward position. Adam is not competition for Pukki. There is not enough overlap in their strengths. And in any case, you are comparing a still developing young player to one of the best strikers in Norwich history. It is unfair. Much more productive would be to see Adam as a player in his own right who adds options to Daniel Farke's playbook, but the playbook is still very much centered on Teemu.

I've not been convinced with Idah up to now. Recognise he has potential but nothing to show he will be a top striker. His second goal last night does suggest there is something there. I know it was 'only Gillingham' but a Liverpool defender couldnt have got any closer to him and stopped that turn any more than the Gillingham player and no goal keeper could've saved the shot.

I'd love him to prove himself in the premier league this  year.

The new rumours of us upping the stakes in pursuit of Armstrong by including Idah in the deal would annoy me. Farke has repeatedly banged on about Idah's ability and potential as a striker so I don't think it would be good business to wave goodbye to him especially as he gives a different option to Pukki (and Armstrong) both of whom are similar. Idah needs game time and even a loan would not sit well. We need to be a hell of a lot more flexible with our strikers than last time if we're realistically going to survive. Pukki, Armstrong and Idah would be a good group of strikers. Hugill could then be released.  

• Like 1

I am still unsure about him but his preseason form says he looks to be progressing which is good news. 

There is nothing to say he isn't good enough at the moment but I think it will take a monumental drought to oust Teemu.