Sign in to follow this  
interwebme

Paper Pink Un

I'm interested in getting a paper Pink un and I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a subscription and delivery service? I've tried googling unsuccessfully. I live away from the fine city so need it delivered. 

If anyone is interested as to why I would want a paper copy I've been inspired by this podcast to reduce my digital time. 

Edited by interwebme

Yeah, when demand was strong, it kept getting jammed in the printing press, usually at the weekend. 

2 hours ago, interwebme said:

I'm interested in getting a paper Pink un and I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a subscription and delivery service? I've tried googling unsuccessfully. I live away from the fine city so need it delivered. 

If anyone is interested as to why I would want a paper copy I've been inspired by this podcast to reduce my digital time. 

Think there are plans for a digital subscription, sadly physical papers are a dying breed

I really miss it. As a kid we used to hand around near Davey Place to get it - well, if we won!

Cashless football grounds.........

no printed pink un....... 

No gambling sponsors on the shirts...........

No local derbys............

Waas Gorn Orn Buh?!

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

I really miss it. As a kid we used to hand around near Davey Place to get it - well, if we won!

Yeah I used to love waiting for it later on a Saturday, there was no internet then so the paper was the only place we could get our City fix! Weirdly I used to enjoy reading the match reports more when I was a kid, yet for some reason I rarely read them now, though I do like Ricardo’s take on things when he posts after the match.

Remember waiting for the van carrying the pink un to arrive at the local fish and  chip shop on a Saturday night , there would be a line of people waiting ! 

The Pinkun used to get loaded onto the 1750 (723) to Sea Palling from the city, if the paper was late arriving, the bus was late leaving, dropping bundles at Villages on the way, so many people at Stalham would be gathered to pick it up then into the F&C Shop and then home. So much so that non pinkun readers would avoid 7pm at the Fish shop as it was so busy.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

So much so that non pinkun readers would avoid 7pm at the Fish shop as it was so busy.

Ha ha that’s a great memory, Corkio 👍

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

The Pinkun used to get loaded onto the 1750 (723) to Sea Palling from the city, if the paper was late arriving, the bus was late leaving, dropping bundles at Villages on the way, so many people at Stalham would be gathered to pick it up then into the F&C Shop and then home. So much so that non pinkun readers would avoid 7pm at the Fish shop as it was so busy.

Those of a younger age on here will read that post wcorkio with utter disbelief but that story happening in towns and villages all over Norfolk on a Saturday evening. Of course there were a few lazy individuals who couldn't be bothered to get a copy until they collected their Sunday morning papers.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Those of a younger age on here will read that post wcorkio with utter disbelief but that story happening in towns and villages all over Norfolk on a Saturday evening. Of course there were a few lazy individuals who couldn't be bothered to get a copy until they collected their Sunday morning papers.

And those lazy individuals  who lived up Yarmouth Rd, most now sadly passed, who'd get me to drop a copy in to them on the way home, the guy in the papershop would  add the pinkun to their  regular bill. ....the same guy who'd  sell me ciggies when I was fourteen ...and he knew it. Thems were't  days.🤔

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha that’s a great memory, Corkio 👍

Then a guy opened a second chip shop in the middle of the High St.......problem solved.