47 minutes ago, chicken said:

No it's not. Misinformation is BANG on the right term.

You have absolutely nothing to back up your view. There never is. People point the likes of yourself to the club annual reports on it's finances etc and there is never anything there in supporting evidence. The response then becomes "it's been fiddled" and accusations abound that fraud has been committed in hiding loans or pay checks for board members etc are "hidden". No care that what is being suggested is highly illegal and would very quickly attract the attention of the taxman.

So, here is your big chance Jim, what clear and damning evidence do you have to make this different from any other paranoia fuelled conspiracy theory? 

As for my evidence - in abundance. McNally spoke many times of looking for outside investors. We know that the West Ham fan who ended up investing his money in QPR visited and spoke at length with the board and majority shareholders. We also know that Callum had meetings with the board/majority shareholders - and that his offer was the club for free in return for investing £20m into the playing squad. We also know that we have had investors invest in the club and sit on the board too.

All of this is fact. Undeniable truth.

So where is the evidence to the contrary?

It came from the horses mouth Chicken. “We will never sell, we don’t even listen to offers.”

regardless of any hasty (but carefully worded) backtracking since (imposing criteria that is imprecise and probably impossible for anyone to meet) that’s the reality of the situation.

sure they may be happy for the Turners to bung in half a million quid for a seat on the board when we were desperate and yes way back in the day they may have looked around through that chap down in London but certainly for many years now I don’t believe they have been genuinely receptive to or interested in finding any form of major investment that might impact on control. 

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It came from the horses mouth Chicken. “We will never sell, we don’t even listen to offers.”

When and where? Is it recorded? Committed to text anywhere? 

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

I really don't think it's as simple as 'loosening the purse strings'. We have a limited budget which has to cover wages, bonuses, agents fees, singing on fees, loyalty payments etc. as well as the headline transfer fee and add on clauses.

We *could* gamble by committing to future expenditure that exceeds guaranteed future income. We did that under Alex Neil. It nearly bankrupt us. The alternative is to keep our spending equal to our income while building the best possible squad within that constraint.

I basically agree with you but feel that there is a "little wriggle room" this year and we don't have to budget for breakeven on the basis that we will finish bottom and get knocked out of all cups first time round (i.e. the worst case scenario).

We should not take big risks but neither do we have to breakeven. Even under the Webber regime it is not something that we have always done in any case: it is something of a myth. For example, according to Swiss Ramble - who knows much more than I do obviously, we had a £10.5 million loan to pay back in May 2021. Even if relegated bottom again, we will have revenue of over £250 million over the next 3 years, a loss of say £5 to 10 million this year will not significantly damage our future and can easily be managed.

I would never advocate loans on the scale of some of our rival clubs, like Watford and Southampton because that really is gambling against your future.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Yes indeed! Derby spring to mind, how's it going with them? Do you need other examples???

Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich?

2 hours ago, chicken said:

When and where? Is it recorded? Committed to text anywhere? 

It was in the infamous Times article. 

31 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It was in the infamous Times article. 

Which one? Link?

18 hours ago, chicken said:

Which one? Link?

The quote was from this interview but its mainly behind a paywall...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/supporters-are-treated-so-badly-the-government-need-to-step-in-fn9xvl7c0

Alternatively this article has the full quote in question at the top of it.

https://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2016/11/22/note-to-delia-alienating-yourself-from-the-fans-is-not-a-great-way-to-lead-and-inspire-your-football-club/

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Ok, so this is after they actively tried to look for investors including spending money on someone to specifically do that? And the best option we had was Tony Fernandes that we know of.

Looking at reports historically, it would seem he was only interested in controlling stakes where as I think the clubs approach was to sell some shares to him now and gradually bring him on board. I wonder if he now feels that it probably wasn't as bad an offer considering his statements in regards to QPR now.

As for not listening to offers... I'm not even sure that is technically true is it? If someone buys shares, they can legitimately inform all other shareholders of their intent to buy as many as they can for a fee can't they? You can't just ignore that, or at least so I am led to believe.

On 31/07/2021 at 16:56, Jim Smith said:

regardless of any hasty (but carefully worded) backtracking since (imposing criteria that is imprecise and probably impossible for anyone to meet) that’s the reality of the situation.

sure they may be happy for the Turners to bung in half a million quid for a seat on the board when we were desperate and yes way back in the day they may have looked around through that chap down in London but certainly for many years now I don’t believe they have been genuinely receptive to or interested in finding any form of major investment that might impact on control. 

No.

Read my opening gambit on this thread from august last. I was lambasted for being too negative..there are various others. Doubtless hoggy will bring up the one day I felt a bit optimistic after we signed Kabak- who then disappointed- but overall my warning was that a failure to replace Skipp and Emi coupled with a refusal to offer prem wages would sink us..

this isn’t to say “told you do” but rather to point out how predictable it all was and how obvious 

Id rather bump your thread where you said and I quote,  that our summer transfer window was "the best in living memory".

So to now make up this was all so predictable to you has to be the funniest thing you've made up on here 😅😅😅😅

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Id rather bump your thread where you said and I quote,  that our summer transfer window was "the best in living memory".

So to now make up this was all so predictable to you has to be the funniest thing you've made up on here 😅😅😅😅

To be fair to Bootsy he did spend most of last summer criticising our transfer dealings whilst the rest of us were getting bought in by exotic Greek signings. I remember the one exciting post he made that you've mentioned and thought at the time he'd been hacked 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

To be fair to Bootsy he did spend most of last summer criticising our transfer dealings whilst the rest of us were getting bought in by exotic Greek signings. I remember the one exciting post he made that you've mentioned and thought at the time he'd been hacked 😂

He did but when at the end of it he changes it to being the best window in living memory, you can't then bump a post which was previous to the one I'm referencing and make out like he knew all along 😅😅😅