Sign in to follow this  
Ulfotto

Is Anyone Shocked that

Is anyone else slightly  surprised that Farke wasn’t at least linked with the flurry of managerial vacancies in the Premier League. It seems now Spurs, Everton, Palace, Wolves etc… now have new managers it is no longer a thing.

it amazes me you have a manager who has won the Championship twice, beaten Man City with a negative transfer spend, playing at times fantasy football and has one year left on his contract and no one even sniffed around even in the gossip columns.

Odd.

No, not really. We get relegated this season however and I do feel he will be off.

This is his last big chance with us to prove himself. We have spent money, brought in players and it's fair to say the squad is now 'his' and plays with his style.

• Like 1

Not hugely no. His one season in the Premier League was a bit of a disaster (not really his fault but still) and Premier League teams rarely dip into the Championship for managers.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, not really. We get relegated this season however and I do feel he will be off.

This is his last big chance with us to prove himself. We have spent money, brought in players and it's fair to say the squad is now 'his' and plays with his style.

If there is one Norwich City manager who has had to prove himself then Daniel Farke is not one of them for me. He has nothing to prove. He has brought a great football style and philosophy these last 3 years and even Webber stated that he had been thrown into a battle with no weapons last time.

It feels clear that DF wants to prove something for himself however and this bloke is one hell of a competitor. It augurs well for the season ahead. Let's enjoy him and his teams.

The PL is such a small market manager wise. Also you need to remember that DF is very professional and we don't hear stories about who he may have been linked with, only the faintest of stories perhaps a year later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He's not a big enough name for Everton or Spurs and he would absolutely 100% end up relegating a team like Palace or Wolves who are teams built to play on the counter if he tried to implement his philosophy there. 

I've always said I think Farke is someone who needs to be managing one of the better clubs in whatever league he's in. The evidence so far in his career is that he's not really the man for a relegation scrap, his style of football gets the best out of good players but can make it really difficult for inferior teams to get results. 

If we can somehow achieve a miracle and scrape to survival this year I think he'll leave to manage a team like Frankfurt or Leverkusen and do really well and then maybe in a few years attract the attention of a top club over here, 

I think behind the scenes clubs have a reasonable idea between themselves who would be looking to move on to the next challenge, and those that currently aren’t. The good thing about our project here is that there is no real ceiling, and there’s exciting next steps to take this club in here - put short, this challenge has not gone stale and is just beginning. I don’t think it’s anything to do with the fact that Farke has been relegated from the top flight before as to why he’s not moved on. There is a much bigger picture at play. And that is you have to look at how a manager has done with the tools at his disposal, and the circumstances. I would imagine that bigger picture being that should he be at a club that has fairly unlimited spending power etc, that he would bring an intelligent and attractive way of playing and be very successful indeed. I’d put money on it that if he was running Arsenal for instance rather than Arteta that they’d be doing a fair bit better than they have been in his tenure overall. Conversely, do people really think Klopp or Pep would have us in Liverpool’s or Man City’s position? Or more realistically, have done as well as Farke has? I’d put money on it that at best they might have done a similar job but I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they’d have struggled. Far harder to succeed at a club like ours than those where it’s all put in a plate. It’s all about levels, and I would imagine a lot of clubs can see that Farke really is a highly talented manager given the tools at his disposal, but more fool them if they can’t! I think he’s top drawer, I really do.

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

If there is one Norwich City manager who has had to prove himself then Daniel Farke is not one of them for me. He has nothing to prove. He has brought a great football style and philosophy these last 3 years and even Webber stated that he had been thrown into a battle with no weapons last time.

It feels clear that DF wants to prove something for himself however and this bloke is one hell of a competitor. It augurs well for the season ahead. Let's enjoy him and his teams.

The PL is such a small market manager wise. Also you need to remember that DF is very professional and we don't hear stories about who he may have been linked with, only the faintest of stories perhaps a year later.

I echo everything you've said, he's a brilliant manager or head coach. He can do no wrong in my eyes, we should enjoy him while he's with us. I've been going since 1981 & I've never seen such beautiful football played at Carrow Rd on a consistent basis.

• Like 1

The skills that you describe are not the skills needed to manage super star players on £200k a week . That’s what the top half of the prem need. The bottom half of the prem want a skill set that keeps a team up - and DF hasn’t demonstrated that either . 

If he left Norwich and stayed in England there would be a clamour of Championship clubs after him. 
So no, I’m not surprised. 

7 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

He's not a big enough name for Everton or Spurs and he would absolutely 100% end up relegating a team like Palace or Wolves who are teams built to play on the counter if he tried to implement his philosophy there. 

I've always said I think Farke is someone who needs to be managing one of the better clubs in whatever league he's in. The evidence so far in his career is that he's not really the man for a relegation scrap, his style of football gets the best out of good players but can make it really difficult for inferior teams to get results. 

If we can somehow achieve a miracle and scrape to survival this year I think he'll leave to manage a team like Frankfurt or Leverkusen and do really well and then maybe in a few years attract the attention of a top club over here, 

I'm not so sure about that middle paragraph going off his performance with his first club in Lippstadt, although that obviously is at a far lower level. And were we really any better than mid-table in the Championship in theory before he won his first Championship? I think it's reasonable to say he's not a Sam Allardyce in terms of firefighting relegation-threatened teams, but realistically, I don't think anyone could have kept us up last time with the sheet number of centre-halves out.

On 10/07/2021 at 10:47, Ulfotto said:

Is anyone else slightly  surprised that Farke wasn’t at least linked with the flurry of managerial vacancies in the Premier League. It seems now Spurs, Everton, Palace, Wolves etc… now have new managers it is no longer a thing.

it amazes me you have a manager who has won the Championship twice, beaten Man City with a negative transfer spend, playing at times fantasy football and has one year left on his contract and no one even sniffed around even in the gossip columns.

Odd.

Its not at all odd.

Football is in a financial mess, clubs looking to trim budgets etc.

There is a reason why Spurs, Everton, Palace, and Wolves all went for unemployed managers. Its because they don't have to pay millions in compensation to their current employers and then millions more freeing up their backroom staff so they can bring their own assistant manager, first team coach and goalkeeping coach etc from their existing club.

So in terms of an industry which is cutting its cloth and trying to become leaner to balance the books, it would be much more odd if they went and tried to steal a competitors manager. 

And that's with the likes of Eddie Howe still available with no compensation.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten