Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Pre season friendlies

Playing Arminia Bielefeld in Gutersloh on 28th July. So look like Norwich will be going on their usual German training camp to the same place this summer. Norwich also played Arminia at Gutersloh in summer 2019 before the last Premier League campaign, was a 2-2 draw with Srbeny and Drmic both scoring.

The journos did mention that we were hoping to go to Germany again in their q+a last week (not really any surprise), but obviously depends on restrictions. 

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The journos did mention that we were hoping to go to Germany again in their q+a last week (not really any surprise), but obviously depends on restrictions. 

We would look very silly jetting off to Europe just as restrictions are being floated and cases are on the rise..

What's wrong with some Kings lynn/MK/Spurs? Being as 'local' as we can you know?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We would look very silly jetting off to Europe just as restrictions are being floated and cases are on the rise..

What's wrong with some Kings lynn/MK/Spurs? Being as 'local' as we can you know?

Because the rules are different for footballers...................

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

More about the facilities in the place they stay and getting all the players away together than the teams they are playing friendlies against. They went to Germany before the beginning of the season just gone, and the situation was much worse then than it is now.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

More about the facilities in the place they stay and getting all the players away together than the teams they are playing friendlies against. They went to Germany before the beginning of the season just gone, and the situation was much worse then than it is now.

Agreed its about team building etc rather than just playing games.

However the borders weren't closed before they are now, generally. 

Send the team down to Lympstone Devon to the Royal Marine Commando training centre for a week for some pre-season fitness and physical team building.....

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Send the team down to Lympstone Devon to the Royal Marine Commando training centre for a week for some pre-season fitness and physical team building.....

Isn't that something similar to what Roy Keane did with Ipswich? One of the players quit football afterwards as he felt being in the Garda back in Ireland would be an easier life than working with Keane I seem to remember.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I mean I get you're joking but that' not a bad idea

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Isn't that something similar to what Roy Keane did with Ipswich? One of the players quit football afterwards as he felt being in the Garda back in Ireland would be an easier life than working with Keane I seem to remember.

I vaguely remember a pro footy squad doing that, didn't know it was our Suffolk neighbours..... 

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I would rather spend the day in Suffolk than spend ten minutes with Roy Keane

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean I get you're joking but that' not a bad idea

No, I'm quite serious.....

• Haha 1

The pre season friendlies will match our ambition this year, Yarmouth, Kings lynn, Leiston and a glamour tie to end the friendlies with Colchester 

19 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Yes because it’s widely acknowledged  that our players are unfit and we don’t have a rigorous training regime.

oh hang on !!!

Just now, Commonsense said:

Yes because it’s widely acknowledged  that our players are unfit and we don’t have a rigorous training regime.

oh hang on !!!

THey are unfit....I saw a picture of Argos dragging on a hooge cuban cigar and Kenny Mac swigging from a bottle o' buckfast....THey turn up at Colney in big flash cars instead of cycling, walking up there or maybe jogging to training.....When was the last time they piggy backed each other up an' down Mousehold hill?.....All pro footballers should do national service for at least 2 years....Discipline and personal hygiene and being able to press and launder their own kit and clean and polish their own kicky boots and they all should be sporting smart appearance and bearing regimental short back and sides haircuts.....Call yerself commonsense?....Pah!....

On 14/06/2021 at 12:14, Greavsy said:

Because the rules are different for footballers...................

Are they!?

On 15/06/2021 at 09:46, Mello Yello said:

THey are unfit....I saw a picture of Argos dragging on a hooge cuban cigar and Kenny Mac swigging from a bottle o' buckfast....THey turn up at Colney in big flash cars instead of cycling, walking up there or maybe jogging to training.....When was the last time they piggy backed each other up an' down Mousehold hill?.....All pro footballers should do national service for at least 2 years....Discipline and personal hygiene and being able to press and launder their own kit and clean and polish their own kicky boots and they all should be sporting smart appearance and bearing regimental short back and sides haircuts.....Call yerself commonsense?....Pah!....

2 years. Luxury!! Surely they should all do at least 5 years. Pull a tractor up Mousehold Heath and volunteer to do all the Norwich and Norfolk hospital’s washing.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

2 years. Luxury!! Surely they should all do at least 5 years. Pull a tractor up Mousehold Heath and volunteer to do all the Norwich and Norfolk hospital’s washing.

It's Norfolk and Norwich.....actually......