TeemuVanBasten

Phillips/Williams/Davies

Would assume that a couple of these will be available in the summer as Liverpool will invest in defence and their main men will be back from injury.

Wonder whether one of these could be the extra centre back many of us think we need? All a good age.

Would hazard a guess that Williams, only being 20, is one that they wouldn't want to lose on a permanent, but surely Phillips and Davies need to be getting regular football at 24 and 25 respectively.

Think it was sort of assumed that Davies would fill in at Liverpool a bit and then head to Celtic who missed out, but with their managerial change that could be off the table. 

Phillips is an interesting one, really late developer, didn't make his professional debut until last season and is 24... could Farke be the right person to continue his development?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Liverpool have an issue with their squad numbers - only allowed 17 overseas players in the squad and they have 17, that is why Minamino was loaned out so they could get Kabak in. Doubt they will be looking to move to many homegrown players out (unless they sign a bunch of other homegrown guys). 

7 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Liverpool have an issue with their squad numbers - only allowed 17 overseas players in the squad and they have 17, that is why Minamino was loaned out so they could get Kabak in. Doubt they will be looking to move to many homegrown players out (unless they sign a bunch of other homegrown guys). 

Should imagine they'll release Adrian and sign a homegrown keeper as number 2? Linked with Tom Heaton a few days ago, although now apparently heading to Man Utd.

Also believe it is next season when TAA and Woodburn have to be registered in the 25.

(Neco Williams and Rhys Williams both got another year before that).

So Rhys Williams doesn't even count towards the 25 so they could safely loan him out?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Considering he hasn't played a single minute since joining, I would assume Davies would be available. By my reckoning, he will have six CBs in front of him in the pecking order. 

The downside is that he is a left sided CB, so he would be coming in to be backup to Gibson, as opposed to improving the starting eleven.

2 hours ago, vlad666 said:

They’re signing konate, the cb from Leipzig as well. 

Well they aren't singing the lad from Schalke, Kabak. Think Nat Phillips has done very well, won 7 out of the 7 games hes started. If anyone goes it will be Davies, they signed him for £2m, will want alot more, personally think that was the reason behind the move.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Considering he hasn't played a single minute since joining, I would assume Davies would be available. By my reckoning, he will have six CBs in front of him in the pecking order. 

The downside is that he is a left sided CB, so he would be coming in to be backup to Gibson, as opposed to improving the starting eleven.

Left sided CBs can also play on the right side of a 2.

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I thought it was the Welsh front row

Came on here to make the same joke, you beat me to it 🙂

On 20/05/2021 at 06:17, Yellow and Green said:

I suppose it’s no different to having two right footed CB’s?

Maybe we could get him and play 3 at the back?

Yes I agree, it just would signal that it would be Gibson and Davies competing for the left hand side and Hanley and Zimbo competing for the right. 

If they are looking to improve the right hand side, they'll try to buy a right footed player. Especially for a team looking to pass it out from the back.