Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

My Little Tribute To Tettey

A superb read that speaks to not just the player but his character.

A terrific servant to our football club and an attitude that even those who ply their trade regularly in the Champions League could learn something from.

It is a great shame, though understandable, that he intends to settle in Trondheim now.

Were that not his desire, I'm sure we would have moved heaven and earth to keep that smile and that man part of our internal setup.

Furthermore it is the attitude of a Tettey that ensures that when the dark day comes and Webber/Farke move on to pastures new, that the values and ethics that have underpinned our successes continue to permeate the club. We don't have Tettey for that purpose anymore. It looks like from the outside, and i can only hope, that there are more characters of his ilk who ensure that everything we have built over the last few years is secure in transition to whatever it looks like next.

Nice article, Tetts is a lovely character. For me what has been special is seeing how he has improved over the years especially since Farke arrived. I was at the Preston match and it was no exageration that he was having a mare.  The goal he scored came out of his own frustration - a determination to get something positive out of a poor performance.  Since then I've seen him look so much more comfortable on the ball than with previous managers, showing that he has that desire to improve and develop as a player, which must be one of the reasons he has stayed through so many changes. 

Imo it will be a bit like when Holt left - there will be a Tettey sized hole in the squad next season. Thankfully there are enough good characters that will fill that hole, but it is the end of an era when someone like Tetts leaves - and Vrancic too for that matter. 

Fresh start for him and moving on for us - new players to come in and if any of them are even half as good a character as Tetts, they will be doing well.

All the best Alex. This pic was taken in preseason, my son loves looking at this picture of him and tetts. He was doing some fitness training in thorpe st Andrew and the in laws shouted him and spoke to them for a fair while and took a few pics. Sadly I wasn't there. Top man tettey and thanks for your service. Hope you enjoy the next chapter in your career. 💚💛

20210509_104407.jpg

• Like 1

On 07/05/2021 at 08:03, lake district canary said:

Nice article, Tetts is a lovely character. For me what has been special is seeing how he has improved over the years especially since Farke arrived. I was at the Preston match and it was no exageration that he was having a mare.  The goal he scored came out of his own frustration - a determination to get something positive out of a poor performance.  Since then I've seen him look so much more comfortable on the ball than with previous managers, showing that he has that desire to improve and develop as a player, which must be one of the reasons he has stayed through so many changes. 

Imo it will be a bit like when Holt left - there will be a Tettey sized hole in the squad next season. Thankfully there are enough good characters that will fill that hole, but it is the end of an era when someone like Tetts leaves - and Vrancic too for that matter. 

Fresh start for him and moving on for us - new players to come in and if any of them are even half as good a character as Tetts, they will be doing well.

Don't worry, by what I have seen so far Gibson looks like filling that hole.  Seems to be another smiley happy person.

I get sad thinking about how we never have him his own proper song, like we let him down.

Miss you already Tetts

4 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I get sad thinking about how we never have him his own proper song, like we let him down.

Miss you already Tetts

SHOOOOOT