Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

George Floyd - Jury has a verdict

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

How long have they been out?

Some of yesterday and about 6 hours today. Quick deliberation is normally a good sign for the prosecution

Edited by kick it off

32 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That sounds fairly quick for a murder trial...

It would be if the evidence wasn't overwhelmingly persuasive. I'd be surprised if anyone watching the trial (Court TV, freeview channel 89) could think he is anything other than guilty on all charges. Expert wirnesses from the Police force itself described his actions as totally in breach of their own regulations and training. Medical experts overwhelmingly blamed the restraint for the death of George Floyd. Frankly one only needed to watch the video to see that this was at least murder in the second degree. We shall see what the verdict is but I would be amazed if he gets a not guilty verdict on all three charges.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

It would be if the evidence wasn't overwhelmingly persuasive. I'd be surprised if anyone watching the trial (Court TV, freeview channel 89) could think he is anything other than guilty on all charges. Expert wirnesses from the Police force itself described his actions as totally in breach of their own regulations and training. Medical experts overwhelmingly blamed the restraint for the death of George Floyd. Frankly one only needed to watch the video to see that this was at least murder in the second degree. We shall see what the verdict is but I would be amazed if he gets a not guilty verdict on all three charges.

FINGERS CROSSED (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary

Should be in any minute now.

• Like 1

The fact that people are nervous about the result of an open and shut case says a lot about the US justice system.

• Like 1

Just now, Herman said:

The fact that people are nervous about the result of an open and shut case says a lot about the US justice system.

Good point herman. We are so used to black people not getting justice even when the evidence is overwhelmingly clear (remember Rodney King) that we're still worried despite the video evidence.

I remember flying into LA around the time of the riots. The plane was in, refueled and out in record time.

How great to see him walking out of court in handcuffs. At least he won't have someone kneeling on his neck at the same time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

How great to see him walking out of court in handcuffs. At least he won't have someone kneeling on his neck at the same time

Just wish Minnesota had the death penalty.

It's horrific to think of all the other black men and women also murdered by police officers but who didn't have their assaults recorded on a smart phone. I hope their families take some small comfort from seeing justice done in George's case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Just wish Minnesota had the death penalty.

Chauvin assumed they did and its dispensation was entirely at his whim. 

I hope the policeman who shot and killed 13-year old Adam Toledo with his hands raised was watching.

blob:https://news.sky.com/8cde972a-4271-41ff-89e3-b8e3869134ab

Edited by horsefly

Sincerely hope that as I type, Chauvin is being introduced to his new 6'6 black cell mate whose hobbies are weightlifting and violence.

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Sincerely hope that as I type, Chauvin is being introduced to his new 6'6 black cell mate whose hobbies are weightlifting and violence.

You read my mind. Let's hope there's three of them and they can help Chauvin recreate the incident with Chauvin playing the George Floyd role. Perhaps that will help him understand what the words "I can't breathe" mean.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jools said:

I'm with Candace on this:

👍

Of course you are you racist old gammon. But do let us know how these two notorious ranting buffoons managed to gain access to the deliberations of the jury.

Edited by horsefly

12 minutes ago, Jools said:

I'm with Candace on this:

👍

Floyd did not have three times the lethal dose of Fentanyl in his body. A clear lie , the medical evidence was unequivocal  on that.

That you can post such rubbish shows just what a dilapidated old crack head you are.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm with Ed (the veteran police officer) on this one:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/nope-done-tucker-carlson-cuts-162540266.html

While interviewing Ed Gavin, a former deputy sheriff at the New York City’s Sheriff’s Department, Carlson asked if anyone will want to become a police officer moving forward in a post-Chauvin environment. Gavin, for his part, said he believed “people will still become police officers” before focusing his attention on Chauvin’s murder of George Floyd.

“This really is a learning experience for everyone,” Gavin said. “Let’s face it, what we saw in that video was pure savagery.”

He continued: “I mean, the documentary evidence showed the police officer putting his knee on the perpetrator’s neck while he was rear cuffed and his stomach was on the ground, causing asphyxia. What I would like to see, Tucker, I would like to see more training for police. I would like to see the police trained as EMTs like the fire department.”

Gavin went on to applaud the jury’s verdict, noting that he’s personally used force “on literally over 500 people in my 21-year career” as an officer and never once had a person go unconscious.

“That was clearly an excessive, unjustified use of force,” he added. “I think the verdict was just, we had documentary evidence, testimonial evidence, and it was an open and shut case. 

5 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

That you can post such rubbish shows just what a dilapidated old crack head you are.

Brilliant, Non-Football post of the month.

Also very happy to see the Jury find Chauvin guilty on all counts.

18 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

Floyd did not have three times the lethal dose of Fentanyl in his body. A clear lie , the medical evidence was unequivocal  on that.

I think nursey has forgotten to empty his diaper tonight so he's a little bit grumpy.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I'm with Ed (the veteran police officer) on this one:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/nope-done-tucker-carlson-cuts-162540266.html

While interviewing Ed Gavin, a former deputy sheriff at the New York City’s Sheriff’s Department, Carlson asked if anyone will want to become a police officer moving forward in a post-Chauvin environment. Gavin, for his part, said he believed “people will still become police officers” before focusing his attention on Chauvin’s murder of George Floyd.

“This really is a learning experience for everyone,” Gavin said. “Let’s face it, what we saw in that video was pure savagery.”

He continued: “I mean, the documentary evidence showed the police officer putting his knee on the perpetrator’s neck while he was rear cuffed and his stomach was on the ground, causing asphyxia. What I would like to see, Tucker, I would like to see more training for police. I would like to see the police trained as EMTs like the fire department.”

Gavin went on to applaud the jury’s verdict, noting that he’s personally used force “on literally over 500 people in my 21-year career” as an officer and never once had a person go unconscious.

“That was clearly an excessive, unjustified use of force,” he added. “I think the verdict was just, we had documentary evidence, testimonial evidence, and it was an open and shut case. 

Training is a major part of the problem. I actually feel a bit sorry for US coppers as basically they're not well-trained in conflict resolution - or indeed in all that much. They have a tough job on and in training terms have a knife in a gun fight, so to speak.

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Training is a major part of the problem. I actually feel a bit sorry for US coppers as basically they're not well-trained in conflict resolution - or indeed in all that much. They have a tough job on and in training terms have a knife in a gun fight, so to speak.

A lack of training, and let us not forget it is a dangerous job I the States, quite a few are killed every year on the job. With half the population armed I’d be reasonably trigger happy if I was a copper over there as well. 

15 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Why are people getting so worked up about this trial? A horrible man was killed by a horrible copper thousands of miles away, and that society is now better off that neither of them will be part of it anymore as far as I’m concerned. 

The fact that the copper actually ended up getting some semblance of justice for murdering someone under the guise of being a police officer is worth celebrating. Especially when the likes of Rittenhouse and Roof, who were indeed doing vile things, were not shot, ostensibly due to their skin colour.