Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Are we going to buy from South America this summer?

3 hours ago, Renskay said:

Yes that's true. They have an excellent scouting network but they are a unique case because they can send their players by loan or transferring them outright to affiliate clubs they also own. This makes it easier to plan a players development since it's easier to have influence on the amount of game time they get. Their Spanish team Granada is also useful because South Americans can get Spanish citizenship within 2 years there.

Our loan system, while sometimes fruitful, is flawed in the sense that it seems like we struggle to find an adequate location for our loan players and when they are sent somewhere there is no guarantees they will play or even be considered. I think Rocky Bushiri and Melvin Sitti are examples of this.

Yes, they send most of their players to Spanish clubs but they sold Granada nearly 5 years ago and didn’t send many players on loan there anyway.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I remember hearing a while ago that the club has been ramping up scouting efforts in South America, and these new work permit regulations make player recruitment from Latin America a lot easier, particularly Brazil and Argentina. A lot of decent players there will now qualify. 

This is quite a decent explanation of the new rules:

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

So it could be easier to get permits for South American players, not harder-would never have thought that. Does Emi have any younger brothers? 😄

• Haha 1

I'm currently in Argentina and despite the official rate being 126 pesos to the pound, I get over 200 ordering through Western Union from my UK bank account. A good rib eye steak with sides and a glass of good malbec is about 5-600. God knows what rate millions of pounds going into a football club would attract but I would be surprised if favourable deals couldn't be reached! Also have the "Emi effect" in our favour of course and most Argentinians speak some English.

• Thanks 1

Webber will find someone from the Paraguayan 3rd division who qualifies due to 3 caps for the the Dominican Republic. 

He will then either be truly useless and we will get rid in 12 months or he will turn out to be worth £40,000,000. 

Im loving this period in our history.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Webber will find someone from the Paraguayan 3rd division who qualifies due to 3 caps for the the Dominican Republic. 

He will then either be truly useless and we will get rid in 12 months or he will turn out to be worth £40,000,000. 

Im loving this period in our history.

Totally. Plus the increased likelihood of those players wanting to leave their home countries and joining us has increased significantly. 

The metrics and data our scouting team look at go well beyond "5 goals in 65 games".

Exciting times.

12 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

they sold Granada nearly 5 years ago.

I must have missed that one.

12 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

I'm currently in Argentina and despite the official rate being 126 pesos to the pound, I get over 200 ordering through Western Union from my UK bank account. A good rib eye steak with sides and a glass of good malbec is about 5-600. God knows what rate millions of pounds going into a football club would attract but I would be surprised if favourable deals couldn't be reached! Also have the "Emi effect" in our favour of course and most Argentinians speak some English.

Sounds like that might be a good idea.

nice.PNG

9 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Sounds like that might be a good idea.

nice.PNG

Jokes on all of you, I have one hundred trillion dollars. Anyone know who I can buy with that?

160504154606-one-trillion-dollar-super-1

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Pedro de La Vega looks like a good player

vega1.PNG.eb8b7cd15aff5afe3ceeb8754f95e0a8.PNG

recordvega.PNG.396dfb68d7c03f26d506b35aec4bc221.PNG

I had never heard of him before but seems to have attracted interest from all over the world including Bielsa looking to get him at Leeds this past January although he only was reported to have offered £3.5 million.  Previous interest from Arsenal, Real Madrid and Man City for a reported £10m. Genoa and inter almost had deals that fell through as well with Lanus (Vega's club) said to have been looking for €12 million at that time in 2019 and 2020.

Wolves also said to have bid £13.5 million in the summer of 2020.

He is a 20 year old winger/striker with dual Argentinian and Spanish citizenship. Looks very very good.

vega.PNG.081affecbf500fe3800502030e73847a.PNG

Edited by Renskay
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jokes on all of you, I have one hundred trillion dollars. Anyone know who I can buy with that?

160504154606-one-trillion-dollar-super-1

Maybe a few bags of rice.

I wish I had one too just for jokes 😂

Inflation-strikes1.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

So it could be easier to get permits for South American players, not harder-would never have thought that. Does Emi have any younger brothers? 😄

He's got a Norfolk born son who might have some allegiance to the yellows if we're patient enough 😅

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Renskay said:

vega1.PNG.eb8b7cd15aff5afe3ceeb8754f95e0a8.PNG

recordvega.PNG.396dfb68d7c03f26d506b35aec4bc221.PNG

I had never heard of him before but seems to have attracted interest from all over the world including Bielsa looking to get him at Leeds this past January although he only was reported to have offered £3.5 million.  Previous interest from Arsenal, Real Madrid and Man City for a reported £10m. Genoa and inter almost had deals that fell through as well with Lanus (Vega's club) said to have been looking for €12 million at that time in 2019 and 2020.

Wolves also said to have bid £13.5 million in the summer of 2020.

He is a 20 year old winger/striker with dual Argentinian and Spanish citizenship. Looks very very good.

vega.PNG.081affecbf500fe3800502030e73847a.PNG

Like an Argentinian Cantwell, hairband and all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Like an Argentinian Cantwell, hairband and all

He does have quite a cool look to him tbh 😅 All of Buendia's close control and vision with Toddy's hair and flair. 

16 hours ago, Renskay said:

He does have quite a cool look to him tbh 😅 All of Buendia's close control and vision with Toddy's hair and flair. 

Just needs that special something that  Dion has and we've  got  quite a marketable ' package'.

On 19/03/2021 at 00:11, Mr Angry said:

Yes, they send most of their players to Spanish clubs but they sold Granada nearly 5 years ago and didn’t send many players on loan there anyway.

I sold a Granada in 1983. Then I needed a Scorpio for the Cosworth Engine. So bought one and sold the remains for £450. 

Who bought Granada and sold it ? 

Grenada 🇬🇩??