Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Which past NCFC players would fit into Farke's team now

Martin Peters at 10 would be superb in a Farke team. Chippy an upgrade on Mario and  either Kevin Drinkelll or John Deehan as striker. I'd like to think Huckerby might but we play too slowly to get him into spaces where he would be dangerous.

2 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

The game is so quick now many of the players I watched in the 70's and 80's just wouldn't be able to keep up.  

Well the same players would just be fitter wouldn't they? As they'd be training with modern methods and the benefit of modern sports science.

Pitches back then wouldn't have helped, would like to see Messi trying to play on a pitch in the North West in January before pitches were partially synthetic and had proper drainage systems etc. 

Hucks and maybe Fleck when Pukki's out. Been thinking Wes Hoolahan would be great cover for Buendia even now tbh. Hello everybody btw..first post so be kind 😆.

• Like 5

The Doc...

The way he brought the ball forward to set up an attack. The way he was so decisive breaking up attacks and the way he could jump two feet higher than anyone else to head clear from corners. So strong in the tackle and yet so graceful on the ball, Daniel would love him.

I still miss him.....

Ricky v Wolfswinkle would fit this team well. We never saw what he could do as the team at the time did not look for the openings we do now. 

Emi Buendia feeding Craig Bellamy would be something to behold. That instinctive vision and weight of pass coupled with the frightening pace and, frankly, ridiculous confidence in front of goal when one v one. It would be beautiful. 

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Shame that Eadie's legacy is being diminished somewhat, he was the left winger England desperately needed and would have had if it weren't for terrible luck with injuries (not just the seriousness of those injuries, the timing was also appalling, think it was two or possibly even three times that he got called up by England and had to pull out of the squad). Real edge of your seat player, still haven't seen a player as quick as him when travelling with the ball (not even Huckerby). 

I was trying to look it up to confirm I hadn't remembered it wrong, but I always have a very vivid memory of the 3-0 Vitesse Arnhem game when Eadie came on, gave the right fullback a 10 yard head start and beat him by 10 yards.

I've got a feeling we'd have seen a better Gary Hooper with Emi feeding him chances. People keep going on about RVW in a Farke team, but Hooper the better finisher for me! 

Not sure he ran enough for Farke though,.Grabban may have been more up his street? 

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well the same players would just be fitter wouldn't they? As they'd be training with modern methods and the benefit of modern sports science.

Pitches back then wouldn't have helped, would like to see Messi trying to play on a pitch in the North West in January before pitches were partially synthetic and had proper drainage systems etc. 

If you're not naturally quick no amount of modern training is going to change that, the likes of Iwan Roberts couldn't be transformed from carthorse to greyhound for example, he was suited to a style of play that was effective at the time but would just look out of place now.