Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- McGovern out four months, Ruup wont play tommorow

Major injury to McGovern on his hamstring. It's not decided if he needs surgery but he will be out for probably 12 to 16 weeks, so three or four months.

With Tim Krul, I expected him to be back for the FA Cup game fully fit. There's been good progress and there's a slight chance he's involved tomorrow but I can't confirm it right now.

Lukas Rupp won't be in the squad tomorrow. He will be involved in the build up to the FA Cup game and there's a good chance for him to feature in that.

Placheta is a topic for the squad tomorrow. He was involved in our session on Wednesday back on the pitch. He's not a topic for the starting lineup, but could be for the squad.

ome good news with Stiepermann. We'll stay careful with our prediction as it's a complicated illness, but he's had some good progress and been in parts of training this week. We hope to have him back for the build up to the FA Cup game.

Sam Byram - we will give him all the time he needs as he's struggling to do some running stuff. Bali Mumba and Onel are ahead of Adam Idah. There's a chance in January they will be involved in training. With Adam, it will last perhaps two weeks longer but he's on a good way so more or less good news.

If there are any further updates I will update this post.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Thanks 1

With Byram you could forget he even plays for us anymore. 

He's too injury prone so I'm guessing there is a little chance of a new contract beyond this one.

Or am i writing him off unfairly? 

6 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

With Byram you could forget he even plays for us anymore. 

He's too injury prone so I'm guessing there is a little chance of a new contract beyond this one.

Or am i writing him off unfairly? 

I don’t know what others will think but personally I see Byram as another Klose. Defenders, PL experience, when fit they’re usually great, but very injury prone.

Considering Byram is still only 27 I do still have belief that he will be offered a new contract as he is a very good player when fit, I just think it will depend on how much time he remains sidelined in the build up to that point

Feel very sorry for Byram. He was fantastic up till his injury early last year. I do hope recovers to feature at some point this season.

Edited by CanaryChris

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Definitely wouldn’t be surprised to see a second-half-of-the-season loan for a keeper; you need experienced back up for such an important role.

Is Lee Camp available?

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Major injury to McGovern on his hamstring. It's not decided if he needs surgery but he will be out for probably 12 to 16 weeks, so three or four months.

With Tim Krul, I expected him to be back for the FA Cup game fully fit. There's been good progress and there's a slight chance he's involved tomorrow but I can't confirm it right now.

Lukas Rupp won't be in the squad tomorrow. He will be involved in the build up to the FA Cup game and there's a good chance for him to feature in that.

Placheta is a topic for the squad tomorrow. He was involved in our session on Wednesday back on the pitch. He's not a topic for the starting lineup, but could be for the squad.

ome good news with Stiepermann. We'll stay careful with our prediction as it's a complicated illness, but he's had some good progress and been in parts of training this week. We hope to have him back for the build up to the FA Cup game.

Sam Byram - we will give him all the time he needs as he's struggling to do some running stuff. Bali Mumba and Onel are ahead of Adam Idah. There's a chance in January they will be involved in training. With Adam, it will last perhaps two weeks longer but he's on a good way so more or less good news.

If there are any further updates I will update this post.

Thanks