Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Today's Nightmare Injury News

26 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Why can't we just be perfect? Why can't we just win all the games? *rolls eyes*

Sorry Wolfie, but this is typical of your negativity I'm afraid.

Why can't we WIN ALL OUR GAMES and NEVER HAVE A PLAYER INJURED? Not too much to ask surely? 

7 minutes ago, Temefan said:

Is there any news about Pukki? Can he play against Luton?

There won't be any news until the Tuesday press conference. From what Farke said on Friday he'll be touch-and-go for Tuesday, and frankly it's not worth the risk of him picking up a longer-term injury. I guess he might be on the bench just to fill numbers, but I doubt he'll start.

On 27/11/2020 at 23:31, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

a) Not quite as fit as us.

b) Given our league position, I'd say so.

Shame we lobbied for the 5 subs then since that takes away a bit of that marginal gain. Not really sure why we wanted that. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Shame we lobbied for the 5 subs then since that takes away a bit of that marginal gain. Not really sure why we wanted that. 

An energetic young striker thrown in instead of the invisible Stieperman could have made a difference up front without the risk of weakening the defence.

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Looks strange now, but I guess we couldn't have predicted this injury crisis. It may work out later in the season when we've got most of them back though.

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Look at our team uninjured though! I think that's what Farke would've looked at when pushing for the 5 subs, you can't exactly legislate for such a catastrophic injury list can you? And in any case, it looks likely that most of the players will be back for the second half of the season (touch wood). The advantage of 5 subs will then be back with us.

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Look at our team uninjured though! I think that's what Farke would've looked at when pushing for the 5 subs, you can't exactly legislate for such a catastrophic injury list can you? And in any case, it looks likely that most of the players will be back for the second half of the season (touch wood). The advantage of 5 subs will then be back with us.

Still don’t think it’s in our interests as we score a lot of late goals by tiring teams out. 

• Like 1

Really hope I'm wrong, but I've got a bad feeling about today's pre-match press conference. We've had Covid in the camp and it's difficult to see how more of our players won't have picked it up. We had 11 players out at Cardiff on Saturday and really don't need anymore out - fingers crossed. 

23 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Really hope I'm wrong, but I've got a bad feeling about today's pre-match press conference. We've had Covid in the camp and it's difficult to see how more of our players won't have picked it up. We had 11 players out at Cardiff on Saturday and really don't need anymore out - fingers crossed. 

But on the plus side, Swansea's game is off so 3 points would put us 7 clear and I'm quietly confident that whatever team we field is capable of winning.

It was suggested Buendia was experiencing flu symptoms but had tested negative, I assume they would have been tested again yesterday with results today so fingers crossed it isn't any worse. Unfortunately given how contagious it is, it seems inevitable it'll get through most of the squad in the coming weeks. Most sides have had a breakout of some sort, but I'm hoping we have managed to keep it minimal  

40 minutes ago, AJ said:

It was suggested Buendia was experiencing flu symptoms but had tested negative, I assume they would have been tested again yesterday with results today so fingers crossed it isn't any worse. Unfortunately given how contagious it is, it seems inevitable it'll get through most of the squad in the coming weeks. Most sides have had a breakout of some sort, but I'm hoping we have managed to keep it minimal  

It depends entirely on how they dealt with the people who were positive and if they were able to accurately trace who else in the club they might have been around. For example it could well be that it was a physio or sports medicine type person who might have been with Idah, Krull and Xavi, as all of those 3 will have been having treatment still to help their comebacks. If thats the case, or something along those line then im hopeful that the spread will have been restricted to just departments within the club.

Edited by birchfest

No further Covid news in todays presser, so fingers crossed it was contained. There will be another wave of league testing later in the week though so who knows!

8 minutes ago, AJ said:

No further Covid news in todays presser, so fingers crossed it was contained. There will be another wave of league testing later in the week though so who knows!

Yeah, that was a massive relief. Sounds like Mumba could be back for the weekend too, and Idah is nearlly back in team training too. If we don't get any more positive tests, we've got off very lightly.