Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

President Biden

18 hours ago, horsefly said:

Explain what is hypocritical about a wealthy person saying they should be taxed? I think you'll find that's called having an unselfish desire for fairness, decency, and justice. She pays her taxes, Trump never did.

BTW her net worth is estimated at $100,000. If you think that makes her "rich" I think you may have some real difficulty understanding financial issues. https://wealthygorilla.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-net-worth/

p.s. I would guess from your flippant answer about $100,000 not making someone rich, you're in the 40% tax bracket, unlike me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear!

Just a reminder of where Trump sits in the popularity table of post WWII presidents:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116677/Presidential-Approval-Ratings-Gallup-Historical-Statistics-Trends.aspx

Gallup Historical Presidential Job Approval Statistics
Overall averages
  Dates in office Average approval rating
    %
GALLUP
Harry Truman April 1945-January 1953 45.4
Dwight Eisenhower January 1953-January 1961 65.0
John Kennedy January 1961-November 1963 70.1
Lyndon Johnson November 1963-January 1969 55.1
Richard Nixon January 1969-August 1974 49.0
Gerald Ford August 1974-January 1977 47.2
Jimmy Carter January 1977-January 1981 45.5
Ronald Reagan January 1981-January 1989 52.8
George H.W. Bush January 1989-January 1993 60.9
Bill Clinton January 1993-January 2001 55.1
George W. Bush January 2001-January 2009 49.4
Barack Obama January 2009-January 2017 47.9
Donald Trump January 2017-January 2021 41.1

Brandon, sorry ex vice president Biden will be lucky to top 39%

It'll probably be Trump's fault though or may be Reagan's or JFK's?

Edited by Iwans Big Toe
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear!

Just a reminder of where Trump sits in the popularity table of post WWII presidents:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116677/Presidential-Approval-Ratings-Gallup-Historical-Statistics-Trends.aspx

Gallup Historical Presidential Job Approval Statistics
Overall averages
  Dates in office Average approval rating
    %
GALLUP
Harry Truman April 1945-January 1953 45.4
Dwight Eisenhower January 1953-January 1961 65.0
John Kennedy January 1961-November 1963 70.1
Lyndon Johnson November 1963-January 1969 55.1
Richard Nixon January 1969-August 1974 49.0
Gerald Ford August 1974-January 1977 47.2
Jimmy Carter January 1977-January 1981 45.5
Ronald Reagan January 1981-January 1989 52.8
George H.W. Bush January 1989-January 1993 60.9
Bill Clinton January 1993-January 2001 55.1
George W. Bush January 2001-January 2009 49.4
Barack Obama January 2009-January 2017 47.9
Donald Trump January 2017-January 2021 41.1

Wow, Obama's ratings must have crashed through a trapdoor by the end of his Presidency if he ended up with an average 47.9% popularity, when you consider how high his ratings were when he entered office.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, horsefly said:

Explain what is hypocritical about a wealthy person saying they should be taxed? I think you'll find that's called having an unselfish desire for fairness, decency, and justice. She pays her taxes, Trump never did.

BTW her net worth is estimated at $100,000. If you think that makes her "rich" I think you may have some real difficulty understanding financial issues. https://wealthygorilla.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-net-worth/

Her personal net worth may be around $100,000 but in 2020, she raised $21.1million in her re-election campaign and spent £17.3million. So she has a cool $4 million with which to play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

The dress AOC is wearing to support 'freedom' cost $100,000. How does she (Xe/Xer?) afford to wear that dress if she 'only' earns $100,000 p.a.????????????????

Oh dear! You're getting yourself a little confused. I suggest if you want to support Trump and attack AOC you had best try another angle of attack than her financial worth. Every Republican on the Capitol has a personal wealth higher than hers. 

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Wow, Obama's ratings must have crashed through a trapdoor by the end of his Presidency if he ended up with an average 47.9% popularity, when you consider how high his ratings were when he entered office.

Donald Duck never managed to get over the 50% mark, not even for one day in his entire 4 years. But that does at least make him unique among all the presidents listed (along with being the only president impeached twice, and failing to get elected for a second term). What a record breaking loser!!!!!

Brandon, sorry ex vice president Biden will be lucky to top 39%

It'll probably be Trump's fault though or may be Reagan's or JFK's?

He's already been way over 50%, something the fat orange one never achieved for one single day in his entire four years. Now the Republicans have been thwarted in trying to sabotage his new financial reconstruction deal just watch as Biden's popularity rises as the poor and middle class find their lives drastically improved. Happy to offer a £100 bet here to any Trump supporter that he will reach 50% plus again in popularity (money to CSF) so feel free to put your money where your mouth is.

p.s. I would guess from your flippant answer about $100,000 not making someone rich, you're in the 40% tax bracket, unlike me.

Do you understand what "net worth" actually means, and how it is calculated? 

"As of 2019, the average net worth for all American families was $746,820, and the median net worth was $121,760, according to the Federal Reserve." https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/average-net-worth/

Feel free to explain to me how those figures demonstrate AOC's net worth of $100,000 makes her "rich".

Just for information, this is the average net worth of UK citizens by age:

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Her personal net worth may be around $100,000 but in 2020, she raised $21.1million in her re-election campaign and spent £17.3million. So she has a cool $4 million with which to play.

Hahaha! Another ignorant  epic fail from RTB!

Explain how her campaign fund is supposed to have any relevance whatsoever to her personal wealth. It is illegal to use even one cent from a campaign fund to enrich oneself personally. AOC has never been accused of attempting to do that, unlike Donald who is under multiple criminal investigations for that and many other aledged financial frauds regarding misuse of political funds and government money. Try again if you must, although it's strange that your concern about corrupt politicians should ignore the many very obvious targets in US politics and focus on AOC. Silly me! it's not difficult at all to work out why someone like you would seek to attack someone like AOC. 

6 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I did indeed pay top bracket tax rate for many years before I (semi) retired, and was very happy to do so. I also happily campaigned to have that top rate increased, but since the government didn't do that taxed myself by donating 15% of my income to charity. My answer was not remotely flippant given the figures for average net worth of UK citizens (by age) that I posted above.

13 hours ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Lets see how the House and Senate go next year shall we.

How the hell are you trying to defend Trump after his latest remarks? That rioters at the Capitol building who chanted "hang  Pence" were "talking common sense". His words.

It must be galling to have chosen a side that contains Trump and Cruz. Both gutless cowards.

Biden may well be senile. He may well fall asleep and fart. But he has already done more good for the citizens of the US in 12 months than Trump did in 48. In fact Trump did FA.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

How the hell are you trying to defend Trump after his latest remarks? That rioters at the Capitol building who chanted "hang  Pence" were "talking common sense". His words.

It must be galling to have chosen a side that contains Trump and Cruz. Both gutless cowards.

Biden may well be senile. He may well fall asleep and fart. But he has already done more good for the citizens of the US in 12 months than Trump did in 48. In fact Trump did FA.

With COP26 coming to its conclusion we should give Trump some credit for significantly reducing the US population through his covid inaction euthanasia programme. He even made a concerted personal effort to spread the virus throughout Washington. So very noble, no wonder he put himself forward for the peace prize.

Edited by horsefly

On a day that premiums for Medicare coverage (supplemental insurance for the elderly) have to be raised because of "uncertainty in drug prices" (it was made illegal for the US Government to negotiate prices with drug companies because it would have an "unfair advantage" over them) this is what the Republican Party is up to.... never to help, only to destroy and then criticize .... 

.... so next week they will be in full attack mode over Democrats destroying pensioner's lives.... what will President Biden do about this / this is why the Government can't be trusted and we must take it out of healthcare are trust the private sector.  

Sound familiar (it should / it will) ....

What a scam.jpg

On 12/11/2021 at 06:40, horsefly said:

Do you understand what "net worth" actually means, and how it is calculated? 

"As of 2019, the average net worth for all American families was $746,820, and the median net worth was $121,760, according to the Federal Reserve." https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/average-net-worth/

Feel free to explain to me how those figures demonstrate AOC's net worth of $100,000 makes her "rich".

Just for information, this is the average net worth of UK citizens by age:

Using her 'net worth' is a strawman argument, or more likely bs. As a member of congress AOC earns $174,000 p.a., considerably higher than her 'net worth'. Unless she is terrible with money she must be worth a lot more than £100k. And if she is worth only $100k, why would anyone be taking advice from someone so inept with their own money on how any aspect the US/World financial system should work? It'd be the same as appointing a heroin addict as head of a drug task force.

Oh and just FYI. I think Trump is the same as any other politician, a d-bag and I'm not a fan. I just call out hypocrisy when I see it, and it's not hard to see when you look left.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

11 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Using her 'net worth' is a strawman argument, or more likely bs. As a member of congress AOC earns $174,000 p.a., considerably higher than her 'net worth'. Unless she is terrible with money she must be worth a lot more than £100k. And if she is worth only $100k, why would anyone be taking advice from someone so inept with their own money on how any aspect the US/World financial system should work? It'd be the same as appointing a heroin addict as head of a drug task force.

Oh and just FYI. I think Trump is the same as any other politician, a d-bag and I'm not a fan. I just call out hypocrisy when I see it, and it's not hard to see when you look left.

That nicely answers my question, "Do you understand what "net worth" actually means, and how it is calculated?" You clearly don't. "Net worth" is not the same as "gross income"; all the details are just a click away if you are remotely interested in the truth about her "wealth".

BTW there is nothing remotely hypocritical in a rich person (whoever they happen to be) saying "tax the rich". Indeed, quite the opposite, it suggests they recognise that those with more wealth should contribute more tax for the common good; a rather admirable sentiment.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

That nicely answers my question, "Do you understand what "net worth" actually means, and how it is calculated?" You clearly don't. "Net worth" is not the same as "gross income"; all the details are just a click away if you are remotely interested in the truth about her "wealth".

BTW there is nothing remotely hypocritical in a rich person (whoever they happen to be) saying "tax the rich". Indeed, quite the opposite, it suggests they recognise that those with more wealth should contribute more tax for the common good; a rather admirable sentiment.

Like I said, this is a strawman argument.

Surely you understand that people are able to hide their wealth with the help of a competent (I mean corrupt) accountant? 

For example, the very wealthy George Soros (a large financial contributor to AOC), was able to profess his income vs expenditure was as such on his tax return that he received a $2,700 covid stimulus cheque, that the totally capable, former vice-president Biden issued to help those most affected by covid lockdown policies in the States. 

I agree that it is a rather admirable sentiment that those with more wealth should contribute more tax. But if a large contributor to the Democrats is fiddling their tax return to such an extent that despite having an estimated net worth of over $8billion, they qualify for a government handout designed to help the poorest, I call hypocrisy.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

1 minute ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Like I said, this is a strawman argument.

Surely you understand that people are able to hide their wealth with the help of a competent (I mean corrupt) accountant? 

For example, the very wealthy George Soros (a large financial contributor to AOC), was able to profess his income vs expenditure was as such on his tax return that he received a £2,700 covid stimulus cheque, that the totally capable, former vice-president Biden issued to help those most affected by covid lockdown policies in the States. 

I agree that it is a rather admirable sentiment that those with more wealth should contribute more tax. But if a large contributor to the Democrats is fiddling their tax return to such an extent that despite having an estimated net worth of over $8billion, they qualify for a government handout to help the poorest, I call hypocrisy.

1. You don't know what a "straw man argument" is.

2. Feel free to share the evidence you have that AOC has committed any type of fraud or hidden her personal income. The massively rich right-wing media hate AOC with a passion yet they are unable to find anything at all to nail her on her personal finances. Just what evidence do you have that they can't find?

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

1. You don't know what a "straw man argument" is.

2. Feel free to share the evidence you have that AOC has committed any type of fraud or hidden her personal income. The massively rich right-wing media hate AOC with a passion yet they are unable to find anything at all to nail her on her personal finances. Just what evidence do you have that they can't find?

And it seems you don't know what hypocrisy is.

Just now, Iwans Big Toe said:

And it seems you don't know what hypocrisy is.

Haha! Do feel free to explain how AOC calling upon the rich to be taxed is hypocritical.

Just now, horsefly said:

Fu*ck me AOC has aged very quickly!

I refer to a previous post -

For example, the very wealthy George Soros (a large financial contributor to AOC), was able to profess his income vs expenditure was as such on his tax return that he received a $2,700 covid stimulus cheque, that the totally capable, former vice-president Biden issued to help those most affected by covid lockdown policies in the States. 

Please read/watch what I'm posting before some flippant retort. It undermines your whole argument.

1 minute ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I refer to a previous post -

Please read/watch what I'm posting before some flippant retort. It undermines your whole argument.

Oh dear! You even quoted my comment asking you to explain why AOC calling for the rich to be taxed was hypocritical. Your answer had NOTHING at all to do with AOC but referred to Nancy Pelosi. So my "flippant response" is absolutely appropriate given your inability to answer the question, and your absurd and laughable attempt to switch your claims about AOC onto Nancy Pelosi instead. 

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! You even quoted my comment asking you to explain why AOC calling for the rich to be taxed was hypocritical. Your answer had NOTHING at all to do with AOC but referred to Nancy Pelosi. So my "flippant response" is absolutely appropriate given your inability to answer the question, and your absurd and laughable attempt to switch your claims about AOC onto Nancy Pelosi instead. 

facepalm2.jpg

Third time - 

For example, the very wealthy George Soros (a large financial contributor to Alexandra Ocasio Cortes), was able to profess his income vs expenditure was as such on his tax return that he received a $2,700 covid stimulus cheque, that the totally capable, former vice-president Biden issued to help those most affected by covid lockdown policies in the States.

If AOC want's to tax the rich, let her start with her friends. If she doesn't......HYPOCRIT.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

They’re not. But newspapers need chaos in order to maximize sales of their product, so when there isn’t any they just create it……

”if it bleeds it leads”   

7 hours ago, 7HAR1980 said:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/09/23/fact-check-bidens-approval-rating-higher-than-trumps-term-low/8347107002/

"Biden's approval rating has clearly taken a turn for the worse in the past several weeks, but he is still faring better than Trump at this point in their presidencies," Burden said. "Trump had one of the lowest and steadiest approval ratings of any modern president."

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/09/23/fact-check-bidens-approval-rating-higher-than-trumps-term-low/8347107002/

"Biden's approval rating has clearly taken a turn for the worse in the past several weeks, but he is still faring better than Trump at this point in their presidencies," Burden said. "Trump had one of the lowest and steadiest approval ratings of any modern president."

It just goes to show, that if you either use your power to get a cushy job for your crack addicted son, fuel inflation by your policies, offer $2,700 government handouts to billionaires that have fiddled their tax returns, are unable to form cogent sentences or all of the above, many on the left are still gonna support you because you didn't tweet something that hurt their feelings. 🤣

• Thanks 1