Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Swansea sign promosing Norwich linked centreback Latibeaudiere from Man City for three years.. on a free!

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

To sign on a free at 20 suggests he must have been released from his contract by City. 

Exactly, Indy 👍

Wonder why?

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Exactly, Indy 👍

Wonder why?

Who knows but I’m not too bothered as to be honest I’d never heard of him till the link on this forum. Must be good signing on FM ?😂👍

• Haha 1

Just now, Indy said:

Who knows but I’m not too bothered as to be honest I’d never heard of him till the link on this forum. Must be good signing on FM ?😂👍

I’m kind of getting that impression, Indy! 😂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Big deal. Free transfer and only Swansea wanted him. No point in paying for someone who's no better than the kids we have already 

If he was any good then City would have wanted a fee or would have loaned him out.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

What’s with all this ‘definitely’ won’t be any good nonsense, supposedly attributed to myself? I never said that at all.

I did however say it SUGGESTS he’s not necessarily the Championship’s next best thing or suchlike. I would be very surprised if ourselves and many others had not already taken a good look at him. And realised he’s no better than what we already have waiting in the wings. You don’t just give away players of a certain talent, or at least, it’s very very rare that kind of mistake happens. Perhaps he will turn out to be the one that got away for Man City, but the fact that there was no bidding war for his services kind of suggests not.

Fair enough, although I'd still counter it doesn't suggest that he's "not promising at all", it still just suggests he's not good enough for a top 4 side.

Is he any good? Not a clue, but he still wasn't free unless Man City released him first which there is no suggestion they did (they might have done I will concede), but all "free" transfers for players under 24 in the UK still command a nominal fee.

Anyway, as I don't really give a **** either way whether we signed him, I'll leave it there 😄 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YellaYellowYella said:

What's this character's problem?

I see you’re new to the forum. I could explain but it will all become clear pretty quickly.

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

IIRC he usually gets released at the end of the 20/21 season 

19 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Is he any good? Not a clue, but he still wasn't free unless Man City released him first which there is no suggestion they did (they might have done I will concede), but all "free" transfers for players under 24 in the UK still command a nominal fee.

You may be thinking of the scenario where a player under 24 is offered a new contract by his current club but refuses it and accepts a contract with another club, in which case compensation would be payable. Obviously this means that he must be coming to the end of his contract with his current club-which wasn't the case here. i also seem to remember that the new contract offered by the current club must be an improvement on the current contract.

29 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Exactly, Indy 👍

Wonder why?

Perhaps the Mancs thought that he was too obsessed by social media ..............and Alice bands 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I guess at least Swansea have taken a punt and tried to strengthen. It often works you know. All we have done is strengthen the bank account. I guess the results on the pitch will tell over the coming weeks .... not hopeful at all. Squad is weaker than two years ago .... sinking back to  mid-lower championship mediocrity i fear ... just where the ownership feel comfortable though 

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

What’s with all this ‘definitely’ won’t be any good nonsense, supposedly attributed to myself? I never said that at all.

I did however say it SUGGESTS he’s not necessarily the Championship’s next best thing or suchlike. I would be very surprised if ourselves and many others had not already taken a good look at him. And realised he’s no better than what we already have waiting in the wings. You don’t just give away players of a certain talent, or at least, it’s very very rare that kind of mistake happens. Perhaps he will turn out to be the one that got away for Man City, but the fact that there was no bidding war for his services kind of suggests not.

While there are players who slip through the cracks, it does seem to be rare. It is also very rare for big clubs to just let young players walk away for free, even if they don't think they can make it at their club. You would normally expect a top club to loan out a 20 year old to potentially make some money on them much. Loan them out, show their worth to championship or lower PL sides then sell them. Much like Gunn, I don't think he was ever that close to cracking the first team at Man City. It's why players like Paizon are still at clubs like Chelsea at 26 having played 1 league game since 2012. They think they can get money for him by selling him or from loan fees. Roberts is another one, he's never going to play for Man City. 

Edited by seanthecanary