A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

57 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh right, perhaps they should pay more attention to what party destroyed them in Scotland, and who currently leads that party.

What you are telling me is that the Labour Party are incapable of being bold and brave. That's what we need right now.

Everything that Kier Starmer says came straight out of a focus group meeting, he's a soulless robot. He won't win a majority, a hung parliament is the best you can hope for.

I truly hope for all our sakes that it is the Lib Dems that can help Labour form a government and not the SNP, I dread to think what Starmer would give them in exchange for realising his own career ambitions. 

Hilarious! From the mouth of someone who supports the party that voted a well-known liar and fraud to be their leader and PM. Tories, corrupt from top to bottom, two MPs sent to prison for sex crimes and others engaged in exploitation of the lobbying system, and ripping off the tax payer to line the pockets of their mates during a national crisis. And now about to force a complete incompetent on the nation to replace the complete fraud. Don't think we'll be taking any lessons from you lot.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Completely agree, the Eton lot need some time on the back benches. Johnson, Mogg et al.

I'm a Liz Truss supporter, so what does that have to do with the price of fish? The Eton lot all supported Posh Penny, so Truss isn't going to be doing them any favours when it comes to naming her cabinet.

Liz Truss went to a school where 16% of students get free school meals.

Erh - you brought up gender bias but any true statistical analysis would refute Labour has an issue (indeed as per SC figures of a much bigger and more meaningful sample the Tory's are light on female MPs) - yet the Tory's selecting two possibly three as leader is just chance.

Schooling appears to irrelevant at first pass apart from the strong Eton correlation as noted, which we can all agree on.  

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Liz Truss went to a school where 16% of students get free school meals.

Did they only give them foreign cheese? That would be a disgrace!

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Gets tongue tied, I'm not going to hold somebody's speech impediment against them.

Getting tongue tied in her case is not caused by a speech impediment; it's caused by her lack of ability.

13 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Erh - you brought up gender bias but any true statistical analysis would refute Labour has an issue (indeed as per SC figures of a much bigger and more meaningful sample the Tory's are light on female MPs) - yet the Tory's selecting two possibly three as leader is just chance.

Schooling appears to irrelevant at first pass apart from the strong Eton correlation as noted, which we can all agree on.  

There's definitely chance involved in becoming leader of a party. There's clearly no barrier to a woman becoming leader of the Conservatives; the absence of a barrier for women in the Labour party, in spite of the greater number of women in the party, has yet to be demonstrated.

Edit: Is Labour the only party in parliament not to have had a female leader? 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Getting tongue tied in her case is not caused by a speech impediment; it's caused by her lack of ability.

Ridiculous that you would equate oratory skills with the capability of an individual.

By that stretch Farage and Galloway should be running the country, and Stephen Hawkings was a thicko.

Also, it is a disgrace that we import two thirds of our cheese. We make some excellent cheeses in Britain, lets close some quangos and set the civil servants to work increasing the productivity of Black Bomber and other world class British cheeses, 

The French aren't the only people who can make cheese! 

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

There's definitely chance involved in becoming leader of a party. There's clearly no barrier to a woman becoming leader of the Conservatives; the absence of a barrier for women in the Labour party, in spite of the greater number of women in the party, has yet to be demonstrated.

Both of the females selected to lead the Tory's have been successful in winning a general election too, and that's more than can be said for the last 3 male leaders of the Labour Party. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ridiculous that you would equate oratory skills with the capability of an individual.

By that stretch Farage and Galloway should be running the country, and Stephen Hawkings was a thicko.

Also, it is a disgrace that we import two thirds of our cheese. We make some excellent cheeses in Britain, lets close some quangos and set the civil servants to work increasing the productivity of Black Bomber and other world class British cheeses, 

Oh dear! If that's all you can come up with it shows just how desperate the situation is with you Tories. Your dreadful grasp of logic fails you yet again. Her reputation for oratory gaffs is not what makes her stupid, it is merely an indicator that she is so. BTW Steven Hawkins spoke brilliantly and communicated extraordinarily difficult concepts with stunning success. He also demonstrated his supreme intelligence in his public declarations of utter contempt for the philistine Tory Party.

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just a shame that the Tory Brexit is driving our cheese makers into bankruptcy, and forcing others abroad because they have been unable to sell their product in Europe. Looks like we may have to import a lot of our "British" cheese back into the country from the EU. Bravo Tories!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/cheshire-cheesemaker-says-business-left-with-250000-brexit-hole

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2021/09/17/cheesed-off-brexit-blues-wipe-out-uk-cheesemaker-s-european-business

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-bites-into-profits-of-uk-cheese-producers/

etc, etc, etc.

19 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Both of the females selected to lead the Tory's have been successful in winning a general election too, and that's more than can be said for the last 3 male leaders of the Labour Party. 

I wouldn't personally call 2017 a win

May lost the Conservative majority 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Just a shame that the Tory Brexit is driving our cheese makers into bankruptcy, and forcing others abroad because they have been unable to sell their product in Europe. Looks like we may have to import a lot of our "British" cheese back into the country from the EU. Bravo Tories!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/cheshire-cheesemaker-says-business-left-with-250000-brexit-hole

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2021/09/17/cheesed-off-brexit-blues-wipe-out-uk-cheesemaker-s-european-business

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-bites-into-profits-of-uk-cheese-producers/

etc, etc, etc.

It would be wonderful for the environment if the French stuck to eating their cheese and the British stuck to eating their cheese, instead of burning fossil fuels to drive blocks of cheese hundreds or thousands of miles from one place to another.

How about we stick to burning fossil fuels to import things that we actually can't produce ourselves, like Banana's. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

It would be wonderful for the environment if the French stuck to eating their cheese and the British stuck to eating their cheese, instead of burning fossil fuels to drive blocks of cheese hundreds or thousands of miles from one place to another.

How about we stick to burning fossil fuels to import things that we actually can't produce ourselves, like Banana's. 

You're not Gouda believe this, but the Dutch are also Edam good at making cheese. Not just the French. 😉

18 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh dear! If that's all you can come up with it shows just how desperate the situation is with you Tories. Your dreadful grasp of logic fails you yet again. Her reputation for oratory gaffs is not what makes her stupid, it is merely an indicator that she is so. BTW Steven Hawkins spoke brilliantly and communicated extraordinarily difficult concepts with stunning success. He also demonstrated his supreme intelligence in his public declarations of utter contempt for the philistine Tory Party.

He wasn't a particularly big fan of Jeremy Corbyn either though was he.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You're not Gouda believe this, but the Dutch are also Edam good at making cheese. Not just the French. 😉

Don't forget the Italians with their Parmasan, Mozzarella, Mascarpone, and Riccota,

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So you, a Tory, think restraint on free trade is the way to go do you? Somehow I doubt trade with the EU (our nearest market) is major cause of environmental destruction. But I certainly share your concern for the environment and would urge everyone to buy local where they can. I take it from your protestations that you must share with me (and the UK's livestock farmers) a feeling of complete horror at Truss' crap deals with Australia and New Zealand which will see our country flooded with inferior beef and lamb transported over thousands of miles. And the prospect of the UK joining the CPTPP (Truss' greatest ambition to date) must be keeping you awake at night. Now remind me why you consider her to be your kind of politician?

Edited by horsefly

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He wasn't a particularly big fan of Jeremy Corbyn either though was he.

Neither was I! We both despised the Tories and Corbyn; just proves, great minds think alike!!!

16 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So you, a Tory, think restraint on free trade is the way to go do you? Somehow I doubt trade with the EU (our nearest markets) is major cause of environmental destruction. But I certainly share your concern for the environment and would urge everyone to buy local where they can. I take it from your protestations that you must share with me (and the UK's livestock farmers) a feeling of complete horror at Truss' crap deals with Australia and New Zealand which will see our country flooded with inferior beef and lamb transported over thousands of miles. And the prospect of the UK joining the CPTPP (Truss' greatest ambition to date) must be keeping you awake at night. Now remind me why you consider her to be your kind of politician?

The lamb in UK supermarkets always has been from New Zealand for about three quarters of the year, so nothing new there. 

CPTPP seems like a great way of securing a steady long term Kiwi fruit supply, I love a Kiwi fruit and we can't grow that here, so hurrah for that! 

I thought you were happy about me voting for Truss as you considered that good news for Labour, now you seem to be trying to persuade me to vote Sunak? Or are you putting short term Pink'un forum point scoring ahead of wanting to achieve an easier Labour victory? 

I'm voting Truss because of Sunak's nonsense about benefits increases "computer sez no", it was a blatant lie, and I don't want another liar as prime minister. Lets not forget that the Tory members aren't just voting for next Tory leader, they are voting for the next Prime Minister, one that could potentially remain in that job until 2024, there is no obligation to call an election.

Sunak is disloyal, dishonest, and hypocritical. I'm not all that fond of Liz Truss, I've never declared myself a fan, I only said I was picking her from a field of two. I fully expect Labour to win the next General Election either way. 

I find it a bit odd that you are asking me to enthusiastically sell you idea of Liz Truss in an election that you aren't eligible to vote for,, a woman that I don't particularly rate very highly, I'm essentially voting for her because she's not Rishi Sunak.

I have very little else to offer you beyond finding it all a bit depressing that the electorate is likely to have a choice between Truss and Starmer in the next GE. Neither inspire me at all.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The lamb in UK supermarkets always has been from New Zealand for about three quarters of the year, so nothing new there. 

CPTPP seems like a great way of ensuring the Kiwi fruit supply, I love a Kiwi fruit and we can't grow that here, so hurrah for that! 

I thought you were happy about me voting for Truss as you considered that good news for Labour, now you seem to be trying to persuade me to vote Sunak? Or are you putting short term Pink'un forum point scoring ahead of wanting to achieve an easier Labour victory? 

I'm voting Truss because of Sunak's nonsense about benefits increases "computer sez no", it was a blatant lie, and I don't want another liar as prime minister. Lets not forget that the Tory members aren't just voting for next Tory leader, they are voting for the next Prime Minister, one that could potentially remain in that job until 2024, there is no obligation to call an election.

Sunak is disloyal, dishonest, and hypocritical. I'm not all that fond of Liz Truss, I've never declared myself a fan, I only said I was picking her from a field of two. I fully expect Labour to win the next General Election either way.

I find it a bit odd that you are asking me to sell you idea of Liz Truss in an election that you aren't eligible to vote for,, a woman that I don't particularly rate very highly, I'm essentially voting for her because she's not Rishi Sunak. I have very little else to offer you beyond finding it all a bit depressing that the electorate is likely to have a choice between Truss and Starmer in the next GE

You'll be delighted to know that Kiwi fruit can be grown in the UK with ease. You can now scrap your previous enthusiasm for joining the pointless and environmentally destructive CPTPP. https://www.fruitexpert.co.uk/fruit-trees-bushes/kiwi-fruit-bushes/

No need to thank me.

Just now, horsefly said:

You'll be delighted to know that Kiwi fruit can be grown in the UK with ease. You can now scrap your previous enthusiasm for joining the pointless and environmentally destructive CPTPP. https://www.fruitexpert.co.uk/fruit-trees-bushes/kiwi-fruit-bushes/

No need to thank me.

I admire you extreme dedication to campaigning for Rishi Sunak.

I have a choice between Truss and Sunak. I can only vote for what is put in front of me.

What is it that you like about the latter that would make you determined to turn me off the former? 

Remember, I'm choosing the next Prime Minister here. You seem to want Sunak, why? I'm open to changing my mind. Neither Sunak or Truss were my preferred from the original line up, in fact if anything they were my bottom two.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

You mean like they have always sold cheese from EU countries? So perhaps you would like to make your mind up about whether or not we should be buying foreign products that we can grow and raise ourselves.

I admire you extreme dedication to campaigning for Rishi Sunak.

I have a choice between Truss and Sunak. I can only vote for what is put in front of me.

What is it that you like about the latter that would make you determined to turn me off the former? 

Remember, I'm choosing the next Prime Minister here. You seem to want Sunak, why? I'm open to changing my mind. Neither Sunak or Truss were my preferred from the original line up, in fact if anything they were my bottom two.

Very happy for you to vote for Truss. But frankly either way you are left with a choice from a couple of useless frauds who have happily supported the most corrupt PM in UK history. Vote Sunak if you wish, it will make no difference, The Tories have screwed up the country beyond their capacity to repair. The public know this and will vote them out after 14 years of reckless failure. If you had a soul you would spoil your ballot in protest. 

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You mean like they have always sold cheese from EU countries? So perhaps you would like to make your mind up about whether or not we should be buying foreign products that we can grow and raise ourselves.

Horsefly, this thread is titled "New Tory Leader"

My first contribution to this thread was to declare that I'm voting for Liz Truss, Kier Starmer isn't an option on the ballot paper.

If you want to talk about cheese then please start a thread about cheese. I have no idea what Sunak thinks about cheese imports, so its not an issue that carries any weight in me deciding who to vote for.

I can't help but feel that you are the one derailing the topic, rather than me. Just to reiterate... I'm am voting for the next Tory Leader, who by default will become the next Prime Minister. This is not a General Election, Kier Starmer is not on the ballot paper.

• Like 1

Anyone who has been following brexit from the start will recognise the name that Truss has been reading for her economic poilcy ideas. It's not good.😬

• Haha 2

Horsefly, this thread is titled "New Tory Leader"

My first contribution to this thread was to declare that I'm voting for Liz Truss, Kier Starmer isn't an option on the ballot paper.

If you want to talk about cheese then please start a thread about cheese. I have no idea what Sunak thinks about cheese imports, so its not an issue that carries any weight in me deciding who to vote for.

I can't help but feel that you are the one derailing the topic, rather than me. Just to reiterate... I'm am voting for the next Tory Leader, who by default will become the next Prime Minister. This is not a General Election, Kier Starmer is not on the ballot paper.

Erm!!! perhaps you should re-read your previous contributions and come back again with something sensible to add.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Anyone who has been following brexit from the start will recognise the name that Truss has been reading for her economic poilcy ideas. It's not good.😬

Haha! The "economist" who said we would see an immediate positive impact on growth as a result of Brexit. That went well! Indeed just as well as virtually every other prediction this laughing stock of the profession has made.

14 minutes ago, horsefly said:

If you had a soul you would spoil your ballot in protest. 

I think you just fancied picking a fight with a Tory because you are one of those people who blames the government for everything that goes wrong in your life, rather than accepting that many things are outside of the governments control.

The cost of living crisis is global, not localised. Its exasperated by the UK's failure to ensure domestic energy security, but good luck trying to pin that on just the one party, successive governments over decades are responsible for that.

Yes, Labour will win the next General Election. Just to reiterate, yet again, I am not voting in the General Election here... I am choosing the person who will become our next Prime Minister, whether you or I like them or not. That carries a degree of responsibility. 

I don't much care for either candidate, but I think one has more integrity and that is the one I'm choosing. No matter how much you tell me that you like Kier Starmer... he isn't going to magically appear on the ballot paper.

I would much rather be choosing between Tom Tugendhat and Kemi Badenoch, but I'm not, I'm picking between Sunak and Truss. I get a vote, and I'll use it.  

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I think this phrase best sums up Truss potential  leadership of the Tories.

With leaders friends like these who needs enemies.

SKS is enjoying this.

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think this phrase best sums up Truss potential  leadership of the Tories.

She won't just be the leader of the Tories.... there is no obligation to hold a General Election until December 2024. 

She'd be the leader of the United Kingdom.

Are you actually a member of the conservative party or are you just trolling?

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think you just fancied picking a fight with a Tory because you are one of those people who blames the government for everything that goes wrong in your life, rather than accepting that many things are outside of the governments control.

The cost of living crisis is global, not localised. Its exasperated by the UK's failure to ensure domestic energy security, but good luck trying to pin that on just the one party, successive governments over decades are responsible for that.

Yes, Labour will win the next General Election. Just to reiterate, yet again, I am not voting in the General Election here... I am choosing the person who will become our next Prime Minister, whether you or I like them or not. That carries a degree of responsibility. 

I don't much care for either candidate, but I think one has more integrity and that is the one I'm choosing. No matter how much you tell me that you like Kier Starmer he isn't going to magically appear on the ballot paper. 

Actually I have nothing at all to complain about in my life, I'm blaming this government for the misery it has inflicted on millions of others less fortunate than me after 12 years of appalling misrule capped by the election of a corrupt liar and fraud as PM. What has always been in the government's control is how it responds to the global crises that it faces. This government chose austerity with the result it has savaged public services and rendered us the most incapable country in the G20 to deal with the severe issues the country now faces in health care, education, the legal profession, and the economy.. This government chose a hard Brexit with the result that we have lost something close to 6% of our GDP precisely at a time when millions are being plunged into dire poverty. All these things and more were this government's choices, so don't tell me it has just been a helpless victim of circumstance beyond its control.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 3