Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Smart TV advice needed

Thanks to everybody who has made a suggestion - it has given me loads of food for thought and areas to investigate!

The Pink Un message board, for all our squabbles sometimes, is a real (virtual) community and the advice is much valued 👍

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

Thanks to everybody who has made a suggestion - it has given me loads of food for thought and areas to investigate!

The Pink Un message board, for all our squabbles sometimes, is a real (virtual) community and the advice is much valued 👍

Binner

• Haha 4

On 26/08/2020 at 20:23, Badger said:

Can you get iFollow on it?

I couldn't get it, I think it’s because we’re in the uk, perhaps someone else can confirm if this is correct

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I couldn't get it, I think it’s because we’re in the uk, perhaps someone else can confirm if this is correct

iFollow doesn't have a smart TV or Amazon Fire Stick App so to watch it you would have to connect your TV to your PC/Tablet/Phone. It is a bit ridiculous but no one would accuse iFollow of being any good.

I've not tried, but you could probably sideload the ifollow app onto a firestick using something like app2fire... I managed to get sky go on mine this way a few years ago, the challenge is finding the APK mirror on a trusted site (and it doesn't update automatically so may stop working if they insist on the latest version).

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

iFollow doesn't have a smart TV or Amazon Fire Stick App so to watch it you would have to connect your TV to your PC/Tablet/Phone. It is a bit ridiculous but no one would accuse iFollow of being any good.

I watched I follow through the city app on a kodi type android  box last time we were in the Champs. It worked pretty well, not flawless but certainly  acceptable.  The worst bit was watching the game with the Radio commentary....seemed like they were stating the bleeding obvious half the time. 

16 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I watched I follow through the city app on a kodi type android  box last time we were in the Champs. It worked pretty well, not flawless but certainly  acceptable.  The worst bit was watching the game with the Radio commentary....seemed like they were stating the bleeding obvious half the time. 

Amazing the work arounds available, although the more you work round the flakier it gets. In summary @Badger's question is in two parts. Can he use a SmartTV to access iFollow, to which the answer would seem to be no. Secondly, how to deal with dodgy wi-fi infront of his TV.

Answering the second first, your Broadband provider would recommend a powerline e.g. https://www.virginmedia.com/content/virginmedia/dotcom/en/shop/broadband/powerline/extending-your-network.html.

For the first question you need to add another device whether Kodi or PC that enables web browsing. If you have  a laptop that would probably make sense. After that it is get the picture on the TV, probably best to have a TV with either HDMI, Bluetooth or WiFi.

For me that makes it Router>>Ethernet cable>>Powerline in office>>Powerline in front of TV>>Ethernet cable>>LapTop>>Bluetooth/Wifi/HDMI cable>>TV. I have found the Powerlines are pretty simple, and connecting the TV straightforward but haven't tried the whole journey because my router signal now reaches the living room.

I think that answer your questions @Badger my friend, although that is not to say someone cleverer couldn't come up with a better option. All I can say is it works for me.

Using iFollow this season will not need a VPN I assume.

11 away games will not be available due to other clubs in the Championship not taking it up.

Of course you could Chromecast it with the right equipment.