Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

The ‘Project’..?!?

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

We had money but using it to fully pay all staff in an unprecedented international pandemic with no money coming in would probably have hamstrung the club for years to come. IMO we acted well within our rights and there would have been nobody chucking us a spare couple million after the dust settles because we were good ol' bors.

Webber is exactly the type of leader you want during this sort of situation. We did what was best for Norwich City.

Fair point. Stuart is in good company with Mike Ashley. Albeit he is a billionaire... and a lovely chap.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52130206

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Is this an eyesight test? I know the health service is short of money but...

No, it's more an intelligence test

whether you are stupid enough to read the waffle of an obvious troll - and then be even more idiotic enough to post a reply

Edited by Bill

2 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Fair point. Stuart is in good company with Mike Ashley. Albeit he is a billionaire... and a lovely chap.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52130206

If you can't see that a big club backed by multi millions is fundamentally different from the situation our club is then, then it's my bad for not automatically assuming you're just trolling. 

There would be no consolation if we were shamed into draining our financial stores to the bitter dregs just because Newcastle didn't do that.

Spending little money this season currently looks like a stroke of genius. Whether this is the case can only be determined in a few years time.

I don't think they ever planned to stay up, so don't call for their heads when they have followed the plan.

Villa have spent £65m on 4 centre-backs, a defensive midfielder and a leftback, and look where that's got them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

No, it's more an intelligence test

whether you are stupid enough to read the waffle of an obvious troll - and then be even more idiotic enough to post a reply

Bill... why are you rude. The question was raised elsewhere and I gave my opinion and asked for clarity. I said that I might be wrong.

I don’t get the childish name calling when you don’t like something. 

One could call you a boring idiot, with nothing of any interest to say. Others call you a tw&t but I just ignore you. 

I am generally interested to find out what the plan is other than a vague statement.

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

If you can't see that a big club backed by multi millions is fundamentally different from the situation our club is then, then it's my bad for not automatically assuming you're just trolling. 

There would be no consolation if we were shamed into draining our financial stores to the bitter dregs just because Newcastle didn't do that.

I agree. I was pointing out that not many clubs have furloughed staff on day one of the scheme apart from us and a BILLIONAIRE 

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Is this an eyesight test? I know the health service is short of money but...

It's no Barnard Castle.

• Haha 1

It is a game of football. Therefore not the most important thing in the world - especially with COVID whizzing around!!!

We can’t influence it.

I was just a) asking for clarification to the plan (and given you complete transparency to my thinking) and b) pointing out that it is shame that we need to furlough staff whilst our directors, owners, players and management didn’t take a financial hit. I don’t think it was our finest  hour. Nor does that make me a troll, stupid or a binner.

Newcastle are in another league (literally)

Edited by yellow_belly

Stay calm folks

It's only Morty

famed for being Norfolk's tallest dwarf...... and the Pinkun's most obvious troll

my advice to you shortarz is ..... grow up 😜

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Stay calm folks

It's only Morty

famed for being Norfolk's tallest dwarf...... and the Pinkun's most obvious troll

**** me, is anyone on this forum not another account on disguise in your mind?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think Bill is what happens later in life when you smoked too much weed as a teenager. I'm not looking forward to it.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Stay calm folks

It's only Morty

Are you ok? Has lockdown got to you old chap?

I was asking a valid and sensible  question about the plan. 

I admit that the slow relegation ‘Death’ made me grumpy.

But now that ‘it’ has finally happened, we are where we are. I will get behind DF next year and hope that he is successful. But I reserve the right to be a critical friend and point out where we have completed messed up this year. 

Therefore, I would like to understand the plan so can appreciate it. At the moment I don’t understand it and therefore I don’t applaud it. It is just hot air. A bit like a couple of posters I could mention. (That also happen to support the plan but cannot explain it apart from saying The words, ‘yo-yo, self sufficient, plan.’ But without joining up the words into a sentence or ‘argument.’ 

Edited by yellow_belly

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

merely pointing out the obvious ONe with plenty of evidence

then recognising ONE other is hardly everyone

For what it’s worth, what concerns me about the plan the most is that the guy who has essentially hatched the plan has near enough said he’s leaving in two years.

it is widely accepted or assumed (as I can’t remember it actually being said), that the plan is a long term project, but how can something be long term when the leader of the plan is leaving in the short term. It’s always puzzled me a bit as how would anybody know that a new man at the top wouldn’t come in and have a completely different plan. For me, long term is 10-15 years not 2 years! 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I think Bill is what happens later in life when you smoked too much weed as a teenager. I'm not looking forward to it.

or rather you are what happens when the education systems fails you

someone who posts in reply while forgetting that he is logged in as another name is rather a give away

and the above IS morty

hardly requires mind altering drugs to spot the blindingly obvious

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Should have waited till your twenties......it takes immediate effect , no 50 year  wait.

5 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

For what it’s worth, what concerns me about the plan the most is that the guy who has essentially hatched the plan has near enough said he’s leaving in two years.

it is widely accepted or assumed (as I can’t remember it actually being said), that the plan is a long term project, but how can something be long term when the leader of the plan is leaving in the short term. It’s always puzzled me a bit as how would anybody know that a new man at the top wouldn’t come in and have a completely different plan. For me, long term is 10-15 years not 2 years! 

err, because he would not come in - if he did not fit that long term plan

the board of directors decides, not him

Edited by Bill

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Just like any Company  , personnel  come and go but the strategy , unless revised at some point, stays the same. Simple. 

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

merely pointing out the obvious ONe with plenty of evidence

then recognising ONE other is hardly everyone

Please could someone be kind enough to decipher and explain to me what Bill is trying to say?

In my mind it is just a collection of words, letters and numbers. Perhaps it is his password? 😂

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Should have waited till your twenties......it takes immediate effect , no 50 year  wait.

reel 'em in, Bill

Illustration of cartoon happy boy fishing | Premium Vector

5 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I totally agree.

But anyone can feed their employer with a load of blarny then, when their feet are under the table sell a whole new idea and to them and make the changes they want. Jeez, politicians have been getting away with this tactic since the beginning of time!!!

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

But anyone can feed their employer with a load of blarny then, when their feet are under the table sell a whole new idea and to them and make the changes they want. Jeez, politicians have been getting away with this tactic since the beginning of time!!!

Stu Webber does sound a bit like a politician with his sound bites. I bet he is pleased that Leeds will replace us in the PL next year! 😂 

I think you misunderstand me  Bilious my lily livered fiend, seen too many good brains rotted by that over refined stuff that kicks around nowadays.  I don't believe it is healthy.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

or rather you are what happens when the education systems fails you

someone who posts in reply while forgetting that he is logged in as another name is rather a give away

and the above IS morty

hardly requires mind altering drugs to spot the blindingly obvious

Again what is poor old Bill wittering on about now?! 

6 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Please could someone be kind enough to decipher and explain to me what Bill is trying to say?

In my mind it is just a collection of words, letters and numbers. Perhaps it is his password? 😂

I really wish i could yb but i am as confused as you about who is who. I would ask City1st directly but that only invokes his plod routine and accusations of following around the forum ending up with a let others decide final sentence.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think you misunderstand me  Bilious my lily livered fiend, seen too many good brains rotted by that over refined stuff that kicks around nowadays.  I don't believe it is healthy.

where's RTB

not lost on the A11 again, is he ?

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I wasted my twenties by accidentally having kids early. They're far more damaging than the odd spliff.

Just now, Bill said:

where's RTB

not lost on the A11 again, is he ?

Ray The Barsteward? Roger The Bulldozer? Wtf are you on about.

Yours ,mr one account Corko.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I really wish i could yb but i am as confused as you about who is who. I would ask City1st directly but that only invokes his plod routine and accusations of following around the forum nding up with a let others decide final sentence.

if only I could speak with such clarity 😊