Well b back

Come on Sarah

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

We all said our thread wouldn’t get political, but now I reckon we need to hope Oxfords or London’s vaccines work. Or of course does this mean they have inside info that tells them it’s looking good.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/10/uk-has-opted-out-of-eu-coronavirus-vaccine-programme-sources-say

I thought I remembered that the EU had provisionally purchased doses of Oxford's vaccine........maybe I am imagining it, too much information going round.

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

We all said our thread wouldn’t get political, but now I reckon we need to hope Oxfords or London’s vaccines work. Or of course does this mean they have inside info that tells them it’s looking good.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/10/uk-has-opted-out-of-eu-coronavirus-vaccine-programme-sources-say

Vaccines are notoriously political Well b back! You can't escape (though I know you wanted to keep this thread 'pure' as possible).

I was once told that even for song writers, there are only two subjects that can be written about (ignoring the nonsense variety & even that is arguable): politics or love! It's always amused me.

On topic, there seems a lot of positive vibes about or is this just a form of mis-placed desperation/ hope? I sense it's more an expectation of efficacy. In normal times, such investment would be based on surety not merely high confidence levels.

Most things in life are political one way or another, we were just trying to keep the party politics, which is a repetitive and often sterile, sometimes nasty with one or two, debate, off at least this thread. 

Well, I don't believe I've taken it there VW with my post, just a wry observation.

51 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Well, I don't believe I've taken it there VW with my post, just a wry observation.

Indeed not.

I can’t find the link now but I saw the ITV people ( is it Eamon and his partner ) dish out unopposed some totally duff information to the U.K. public. They said how 1 day they were given the news that the Oxford vaccine could work the next they were told of the monkey trial where every monkey caught it so the next day the hope was dashed and they knew the Oxford vaccine wouldn’t work.

Those who follow this thread know that that is just misinformation. We know it could be the doses and how they were given to the monkies, We know it could have been the amount of vaccine each one was given, but most importantly we also know not one of the monkeys given the vaccine developed lung problems, making it a total success. 
Why is a national news allowed to report misleading facts I wonder ? Without even an attempt to put together the facts.

Today’s good and promising news.

There are reports that enough people on the Oxford trial have caught the virus for it to go to the assessment stage as planned. If true let’s all pray that a high percentage of them were given the false vaccine and or nobody taking the vaccine developed the lung problems.

I suspect the U.K. as always will catch up with this story in the coming weeks.

• Thanks 2

One last bit of news from today ( and as usual don’t make this political ) 

Groups such as Jenner are scathing about the U.K. not joining the EU vaccine fund, saying that if their vaccine does not work a decision motivated by Brexit will leave us out in the cold.

l hope that’s not Jenner suggesting problems with their vaccine.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

Today’s good and promising news.

There are reports that enough people on the Oxford trial have caught the virus for it to go to the assessment stage as planned. If true let’s all pray that a high percentage of them were given the false vaccine and or nobody taking the vaccine developed the lung problems.

I suspect the U.K. as always will catch up with this story in the coming weeks.

Its getting real now.  ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

Thought this was a decent read, meandering a little but making interesting reading....Sharing in that vein.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/3/21258841/coronavirus-vaccine-covid-19-testing-usa-china-moderna

sounds pretty bleak sadly 😔 seems we are stuck with the "new normal" for years!

Hopefully there is no reason for a "2nd wave" and we can at least get to a scenario where we have low to no transmission in this country and it burns out without the need for a widespread vaccine.

The way I see it is that we can hopefully get its potency and contagiousness down to a level more like seasonal flu and then we can bring more normality back. It really doesn't look great for mass gatherings in the near future though.

For those that didn’t get a chance to watch, the 1st phase results will be out in the next few days.

Hewouldnt commit on results but said AstraZeneca are developing billions of doses. He also hinted it will be 2 doses of the vaccine not one.

I really cannot believe the U.K. news / papers are not picking up on all this.

For those reading this thread regular you will understand the term human challenge and it’s significance to Covid 19 vaccine development. Has it moved a step closer ? 100 top people including our very own Oxford director Adrian Hill have signed a letter asking for this to happen now. Interestingly they are now all members of the group ‘ One Day Sooner ‘ which again we know all about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53426367

10 hours ago, Van wink said:

Maybe he took the news from our thread lol. Again this is a British Company yet the reports were first coming from USA, China and others. I wonder if they will start mentioning soon what we know on this thread that it’s 2 doses not 1 that gives you the protection, and Oxford will stop you dieing not catching it ?. 
I reckon they know it works now as Adrian Hill has now asked for Human Challenge ( see the link I have added today ).

i predict we are nearly there.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2020 at 00:32, Well b back said:

For those that didn’t get a chance to watch, the 1st phase results will be out in the next few days.

Hewouldnt commit on results but said AstraZeneca are developing billions of doses. He also hinted it will be 2 doses of the vaccine not one.

I really cannot believe the U.K. news / papers are not picking up on all this.

Telegraph has it today, picking up on T cells as has been referred to earlier. Good stuff.

image.png

Edited by Van wink

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Telegraph has it today, picking up on T cells as has been referred to earlier. Good stuff.

image.png

Yep we are close.

Astrazenica are surging on the stock markets. It will be funny when they state it’s 2 doses as we have known that on this thread for weeks. 

• Like 1

Jenner is reporting Astra Zeneca has now gone into production of 2 billion doses. The foreign press are also confidently printing the same.

AstraZeneca has lined up agreements to produce 2 billion doses.

It is now also being reported that their phase 3 trial is also going well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Jenner is reporting Astra Zeneca has now gone into production of 2 billion doses. The foreign press are also confidently printing the same.

AstraZeneca has lined up agreements to produce 2 billion doses.

It is now also being reported that their phase 3 trial is also going well.

Sorry, can you explain. I'm confused as to whether 'lined up agreements to produce' is the same as 'gone into production of'?

Hi loos

this thread mainly uses the foreign press reports as they are usually 2 weeks ahead of the U.K. We have learned to trust those reports. Over the last few days we have been quoting the positive results of phase 1 and what will be announced today we have seen reported over the last 2 weeks. We are predicting in today’s announcement there will be an announcement that it’s 2 doses that work and not 1. We suspect as well there will be something about human challenge.

The reports of AstraZeneca now moving into full scale production are coming from America and India. A few days back on this thread we reported reports of enough people have been infected for the analysis to begin.

Nothing on here is fact all is rumour, but as yet none of those rumours have been proven incorrect.

• Thanks 1

Well everyone Mr Hancock is making an announcement at 5 pm. Let me guess what that will be.

Phase 1 complete success

Two doses needed and not One

Astrazenica are now pushing ahead

Results of phase 3 will be announced in next few weeks

No guarantees but looking promising 

UK have plans in place to begin inoculations in October

Thank you to the Pinkun thread that has kept me updated with the latest info as no one told me lol

There are now reports that the Oxford vaccine is so good ( I assume at stooping it getting to your lungs ) we may not even need boosters.

I think our thread maybe coming to an end by October.

• Thanks 1