Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

27 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

i would definitely dispute the notion that there is, or ever has been, a plan.

We are now almost a year into this crisis and at every stage it has been abundantly clear that the government had no strategy or even a plan - all the actions they've undertaken have been entirely re-active, and usually very slow reactions at that.

Even worse on most occasions their decisions, even when they've eventually been arrived at, have then been rapidly reversed as it becomes apparent even to the bunch of idiots we 'laughingly' call the cabinet that they've screwed up again.

We are not following the science, we have learnt absolutely nothing from other countries who are tackling the crisis effectively and we have a dithering, indecisive, serial liar and gross incompetent as Prime Minister, and a Cabinet in which not a single minister is remotely fit for purpose.

Johnson has created has the worst, deadliest, self-inflicted sh*tshow this country has ever seen and if he had a single iota of integrity or humanity then he would have resigned this everning......................fat chance!

Indeed, if you think about it, we all knew there would be a wave in the winter, 6 months in the planning for it and it’s no better response than in March! 
Is there any statistics for the daily vaccines administered? That’ll be interesting one to watch.

1 minute ago, Yellowfuture said:

It’s a mystery to me why we didn’t recruit the army of retired medics to do the vaccinations back in the Autumn?

There were a few of us here talking about this back in September.....WBB & TJ to name a few....

25 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

i would definitely dispute the notion that there is, or ever has been, a plan.

We are now almost a year into this crisis and at every stage it has been abundantly clear that the government had no strategy or even a plan - all the actions they've undertaken have been entirely re-active, and usually very slow reactions at that.

Even worse on most occasions their decisions, even when they've eventually been arrived at, have then been rapidly reversed as it becomes apparent even to the bunch of idiots we 'laughingly' call the cabinet that they've screwed up again.

We are not following the science, we have learnt absolutely nothing from other countries who are tackling the crisis effectively and we have a dithering, indecisive, serial liar and gross incompetent as Prime Minister, and a Cabinet in which not a single minister is remotely fit for purpose.

Johnson has created has the worst, deadliest, self-inflicted sh*tshow this country has ever seen and if he had a single iota of integrity or humanity then he would have resigned this everning......................fat chance!

Many know my thoughts on the vaccine, the world works together and with each other’s help, we will get people vaccinated and our world back. The Serum Institute in India is leading that and will supply 60% of the worlds vaccine this year.

I have just listened in horror as he took a lock down speech to have a dig at Europe and vaccines, does he want to tell us how countries outside of Europe are doing ? 
I have said a few times tonight, he should have used tonight to mobilise the military, get them working with the NHS, step aside and let the experts sort us with the distribution. Appreciate that means getting rid of your mate the vaccine manager, but he’s more invisible than the invisible man. Apparently we have 4 million doses of Pfizer sitting in freezers, if that’s not true, just tell us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

There were a few of us here talking about this back in September.....WBB & TJ to name a few....

We know a nurse that is now going to vaccinate. Due to the fact she is working with the most vulnerable she will now be living on her own away from her family. 
I know I sound like a parrot, but mobilise the military immediately and get rid of this idiot in charge of vaccinations before it’s to late. 

9 minutes ago, Yellowfuture said:

It’s a mystery to me why we didn’t recruit the army of retired medics to do the vaccinations back in the Autumn?

It really won't have made any difference as there is a supply shortage and of course the Pfizer vaccine has severe restrictions due to temperature control.   

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

We know a nurse that is now going to vaccinate. Due to the fact she is working with the most vulnerable she will now be living on her own away from her family. 
I know I sound like a parrot, but mobilise the military immediately and get rid of this idiot in charge of vaccinations before it’s to late. 

We’ve been in agreement on this for monthsWBB, why these 🔔 ends has to appoint a minister of vaccines is beyond me! We have an NHS who are second to none in administering, arranging and distribution of drugs and an armed forces including Naval, Airforce and army medical corps all available to help out!

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Apparently we have 4 million doses of Pfizer sitting in freezers, if that’s not true, just tell us.

Highly unlikely I would have thought. A million of them were already in arms by the 27th Dec. Unfortunately we don't yet have data for the last week but I would expect they have carried on with the job. It would certainly be helpful if they could update numbers daily.

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

It really won't have made any difference as there is a supply shortage and of course the Pfizer vaccine has severe restrictions due to temperature control.   

How do you know there is a supply shortage? From what I have heard AstraZeneca have said they can meet demand in the UK? The limiting factor could end up being a shortage of medics to stick a needle in somebody’s arm. We will see over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowfuture said:

How do you know there is a supply shortage? From what I have heard AstraZeneca have said they can meet demand in the UK? The limiting factor could end up being a shortage of medics to stick a needle in somebody’s arm. We will see over the next few weeks.

On 4News tonight they interviewed retired personel who had volunteered were being put off by the length on line application which required details of employment back to the 1970's and such things as diversity training. Seems like the red tape is rearing its ugly head.

Edited by ricardo

4 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Of course it would, he’s f***** up again. He told us 6 1/2 million doses would be in arms by now. Was never going to happen, it was always going to be a million, if you knew there were problems with the distribution of Pfizer, how the hell did the leader of our country and health secretary not know. He decided to do it with his mates, instead of leaving it to the military and NHS. In ten days time we are taking delivery of 2 million doses of Oxford, if you really don’t think it will make a difference with a team and a plan are you happy for those doses to sit in the fridges, next to the freezers containing 4 million doses of Pfizer.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

On 4News tonight they interviewed retired personel who had volunteered were being put off by the length on line application which required details of employment back to the 1970's and such things as diversity training. Seems like the red tape is rearing its ugly head.

I heard the same which made we wonder why we didn’t get this bit of the jigsaw sorted out months ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yep

And after 3 months finally yesterday Johnson instructed, Hancock to get rid of the red tape. There were things like DBS checks and how to help an infant with a vaccination, when we are not even going to vaccinate kids.

3 minutes ago, Yellowfuture said:

I heard the same which made we wonder why we didn’t get this bit of the jigsaw sorted out months ago.

3 months 
Dentists who are authorised to give controlled injections, having to do 14 hour on line learning and tests for things they have to have medical qualifications for.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

3 months 
Dentists who are authorised to give controlled injections, having to do 14 hour on line learning and tests for things they have to have medical qualifications for.

All this red tape, must be the EU rules to blame 😉

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Highly unlikely I would have thought. A million of them were already in arms by the 27th Dec. Unfortunately we don't yet have data for the last week but I would expect they have carried on with the job. It would certainly be helpful if they could update numbers daily.

21 shipments I am led to believe is 5 million

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-two-million-vaccine-doses-to-be-supplied-each-week-from-mid-january-report-12177151

35 minutes ago, Yellowfuture said:

The supply shortage is another of Paul's delusions - the vaccine companies have said from the start that there is no supply shortage and even the Government has now acknowledged that is true.

It appears, from what I've seen, is that there are are two limiting factors - the first, as you so rightly say, is that despite all the Government's triumphal nonsense about their 'world beating' speed in deploying the vaccine that simply haven't put the logistics in place to get it into anaywhere near enough peoples' arms.

The second is that their political stunt to use emergency powers to rush through the approval of the vaccine came with a restriction that each batch that is delivered has to undergo some kind of sampling\testing which is acting as a bottleneck in distributing the virus. Other countries which used the standard approval process don't have this bottleneck.

Why the military haven't been involved is a mystery that puzzles everyone, I think, although the simplest explanation is often the right one - we have a Prime Minister and Government whose collective stupidity knows no bounds............

Edited by Creative Midfielder

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I bet they are queuing 100 deep outside Tesco already.

All online delivery slots for the next month were gone in the Rotherham area within 30 mins of the announcement. Luckily my wife has planned ahead since the last lockdown and already had the next 3 weeks covered, but I really do feel for those who struggle to get out and now can't get a home delivery.

Get ready for panic buying yet again...

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

The supply shortage is another of Paul's delusions - the vaccine companies has said from the start that there is no supply shortage and even the Government has now acknowledged that is true.

It appears, from what I've seen, is that there are are two limiting factors - the first, as you so rightly say, is that despite all the Government's triumphal nonsense about their 'world beating' speed in deploying the vaccine that simply haven't put the logistics in place to get it into anaywhere near enough peoples' arms.

The second is that their political stunt to use emergency powers to rush through the approval of the vaccine came with a restriction that each batch that is delivered has to undergo some kind of sampling\testing which is acting as a bottleneck in distributing the virus. Other countries which used the standard approval process don't have this bottleneck.

Why the military haven't been involved is a mystery that puzzles everyone, I think, although the simplest explanation is often the right one - we have a Prime Minister and Government whose collective stupidity knows no bounds............

Hi CM

You say the government have confirmed no shortages, I am sure I saw Johnson quoting yesterday we have 3 - 4 million doses of Pfizer ‘ held in reserve ‘. Is that where that has come from ?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

The supply shortage is another of Paul's delusions - the vaccine companies have said from the start that there is no supply shortage and even the Government has now acknowledged that is true.

The true problems are always in the details...

and that's exactly what our PM and his "big hand little map WW1 general" approach to all issues has never understood and why he continually over promises and under delivers.

I'm pleased about the lockdown. Should of happened as soon as the schools broke up for Xmas and we'd be in a much better position now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hancock just had a melt down on ITV, but at least he just clarified the situation. To do what Johnson is suggesting from this week we will need to administer 2.4 million doses a week from 14/1. Hancock when asked when we will be getting to 2 million a week had said melt down, saying you have got it wrong, this was and will never be a target. Fair enough, then your boss lied.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hi CM

You say the government have confirmed no shortages, I am sure I saw Johnson quoting yesterday we have 3 - 4 million doses of Pfizer ‘ held in reserve ‘. Is that where that has come from ?

Thanks

Yes, I think so - Johnson was clearly in a tight spot when the Torygraph ran the story about him blaming supply shortages and it was flatly denied by the vaccine companies, so I guess he decided he had no choice but to come clean.

Unfortunately it doesn't look as though it is going to become a habit, certainly not if tonight's load of tripe is anything to go by - still at least the haircut was an improvement, if only Johnson had kept his g*b shut that briefing could have been minor success 😀

Just now, Creative Midfielder said:

Yes, I think so - Johnson was clearly in a tight spot when the Torygraph ran the story about him blaming supply shortages and it was flatly denied by the vaccine companies, so I guess he decided he had no choice but to come clean.

Unfortunately it doesn't look as though it is going to become a habit, certainly not if tonight's load of tripe is anything to go by - still at least the haircut was an improvement, if only Johnson had kept his g*b shut that briefing could have been minor success 😀

Thanks

I can’t find the link but I will keep searching now you have confirmed I wasn’t going mad.

1 hour ago, Yellowfuture said:

47 minutes ago, Well b back said:

3 months 

Following on this was yesterday, he being Johnson 

He said that the problem is not distribution, but added that the health secretary is taking steps to get rid of "pointless bureaucracy" that retired doctors must complete to be able to administer the jabs.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hancock just had a melt down on ITV, but at least he just clarified the situation. To do what Johnson is suggesting from this week we will need to administer 2.4 million doses a week from 14/1. Hancock when asked when we will be getting to 2 million a week had said melt down, saying you have got it wrong, this was and will never be a target. Fair enough, then your boss lied.

Unusually for Johnson I don't think he did tell a lie here but he certainly deliberately misled people and once again Hancock didn't have the b@lls to tell the truth either - everyone seems to be under the impression that Johnson said the top 4 priority groups would receive their first jab by mid-Feb.

Now I may be wrong, I couldn't stand listening to that idiot again to check but I'm pretty sure that what he actually said was everybody in the top 4 groups would get an offer of a jab appointment by mid-Feb but nothing about when they would actually be jabbed.

Given the way these chancers operate and the whole tone of that briefing I think its safe to assume that the wording was chosen very carefully - wouldn't do for Hancock to give the game away and let slip when the jabs will actually happen.

16 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Unusually for Johnson I don't think he did tell a lie here but he certainly deliberately misled people and once again Hancock didn't have the b@lls to tell the truth either - everyone seems to be under the impression that Johnson said the top 4 priority groups would receive their first jab by mid-Feb.

Now I may be wrong, I couldn't stand listening to that idiot again to check but I'm pretty sure that what he actually said was everybody in the top 4 groups would get an offer of a jab appointment by mid-Feb but nothing about when they would actually be jabbed.

Given the way these chancers operate and the whole tone of that briefing I think its safe to assume that the wording was chosen very carefully - wouldn't do for Hancock to give the game away and let slip when the jabs will actually happen.

Did Johnson say which year ?

7 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

That’s how he reworded tonight, 2 days ago Johnson was specifically saying all those up to group 6 ( that’s tens of millions ) + all health workers and carers would be vaccinated by the end of March. What he said tonight was his latest change of the no plan. As I said a couple of days ago, we are doing an amazing job, but these ridiculous off the cuff comments are just making me uneasy. I guess in a couple of weeks time he will be saying ( when everybody has forgotten today’s February news ) he will be saying as we said all up to group 4 will be vaccinated by the end of March. To achieve that I would have to say will be absolutely amazing and we should all be saying what an achievement, but instead we will be saying ‘ you said ‘ yet again.

• Like 2