Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Wot no fred?

As others have said there is no shame losing to chelsea but I’ve got to say I feel quite disappointed that we did. Felt we were going to take at least a point today 

Just now, Spillay said:

Sutton was even worse on BT Sport, moaning about every VAR decision or whatever that went in our favour, thought Cantwell should of been booked for diving, Godfrey sent off for stamping, the Krul free kick should of been a goal blah blah blah

I even considered a separate thread for Sutton. He's like Bob Willis without the wit or intelligence. Can't bare the man. 

Edited by The Bristol Nest
  • Like 1

Just now, JF said:

As others have said there is no shame losing to chelsea but I’ve got to say I feel quite disappointed that we did. Felt we were going to take at least a point today 

There is absolutely no shame in losing to Chelsea but isn't great to feel disappointed at the result. We look like we belong here.

26 minutes ago, pete said:

No playing out from the back today Krul just thumping it up the pitch and coming straight back.  I know we were bad but thought we were trying to play this way. 

I think that was simply because we were under too much pressure. Too many tired legs 2nd half.

Second half we huffed and puffed but lost our quality on the ball. To be expected when chasing. Chelsea were good second half.

Again, plenty of positives.

• Like 1

Just outplayed by a better team. They did what we did against Newcastle. They got the ball back off us before it got into their half.

Just a fact of life in the Prem. There are better teams. But we can score so should stay up.

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Efan and Sutton both strikers, both think it wasnt a foul on Krul when it totally was

Agree , if the  striker turns his back  it's a foul 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

didn't see it, but Freezer said that towards the end Lampard was mocking the City fans, telling them to stop crying! Odd if true.A certain lack of class.

Lampard was reacting to the old guy ‘grandad’ who was berating him for Chelsea’s timewasting. Didn’t seem malicious, was simply an away manager having a laugh with the very animated and constantly over the top city fan. Simply passion from both sides. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pete said:

No playing out from the back today Krul just thumping it up the pitch and coming straight back.  I know we were bad but thought we were trying to play this way. 

What I thought was very noticeable second half (and Ekoku said it about 2 minutes after I did) was that we stopped the high press. Normally Pukki and co will pressure when out of possession but they stopped doing this and stood off a little. This seemed to be a clear tactic, probably aimed at stopping us being so open. It was also working until we decided to attack and Chelsea instantly capitalised. Still, we learn

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

What I thought was very noticeable second half (and Ekoku said it about 2 minutes after I did) was that we stopped the high press. Normally Pukki and co will pressure when out of possession but they stopped doing this and stood off a little. This seemed to be a clear tactic, probably aimed at stopping us being so open. It was also working until we decided to attack and Chelsea instantly capitalised. Still, we learn

I think we were simply absolutely shattered!

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I think it was more about the heat, conserving a bit of energy, absorbing a bit of pressure and then hitting them again with our normal play after about 15mins (which we did, although unfortunately led to them scoring)

On 24/08/2019 at 15:42, PurpleCanary said:

I didn't see it, but Freezer said that towards the end Lampard was mocking the City fans, telling them to stop crying! Odd if true.A certain lack of class.

Anyway, we have some defenders to come back in, and Amadou, and even cover at full-back if our younger players (Aarons perhaps?) start feeling the strain. And we have shown we can score against good teams. It sounded as if Buendia is coming into form.

Very early, but there are signs that some teams (Palace and Newcastle?) that might be slipping downwards. And we have Burnley, Palace and Villa before the second international break, taking us up to eight games played. A good time to assess. So far we have played two very good teams and one seemingly very bad one. We need to see how we get on against the middle-ranked.

😳🤯😲😧