Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Wot no fred?

What's worried me a little is Im normally screaming for subs to change the game, but there is noone on our bench Id think would improve things. Id only really want to see Hernandez come on to improve out counter-attacking ability, or Amadou to shore us up. Only Vrancic might add but only in a like for like change with Leitner. I know we've got iinjuries but players like Srbeny are well short of the quality we need to impact on games

Chris Sutton is doing my head in. Clear foul on Krul

• Like 1

For a former player, Ekoku isn't exactly partisan towards Norwich is he?  Practically the opposite.

Second half has been poor. Haven’t been able to work the ball out of our own half and have ended up lumping it upfield for it to come back.  We desperately need Zimmerman back in

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

No shame in that. These games are free swings. Definitely a lot of positives. Faded in the second half. Really hope Amadou can add to our midfield. Krul, despite conceding 3 goals had an excellent game. My MOM on our side

• Like 1

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

No shame in that. These games are free swings. Definitely a lot of positives. Faded in the second half. Really hope Amadou can add to our midfield. Krul, despite conceding 3 goals had an excellent game. My MOM on our side

Godfrey was my MOM today, the only defender who actually defended.. brilliant performance from the lad

• Like 1

Worst we’ve played all season. No shame in that, although there should be plenty on Chelsea’s behalf after that display of pathetic diving and cheating. Utterly embarrassing- typical Lampard mentality 

No shame in losing to Chelsea and we gave them a good game

Easier games to come for us and Chelsea.

Nothing I've seen today that says we can't do well in this League

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Worst we’ve played all season. No shame in that, although there should be plenty on Chelsea’s behalf after that display of pathetic diving and cheating. Utterly embarrassing- typical Lampard mentality 

Lampard referenced improving game management, i guess thats what he meant. Thought Mounts'injury' was perfect timing for them, just as we were building up a head of steam.

Klose I think is fit next week and should come in for Hanley. I dont think Hanley has been awful but can be critcised for a number of goals we have conceded. Klose is better. The real question comes when Zimm is fully fit. Hanley is 4th choice CB based on these last few appearances Im sad to say.

Zimm is talismanic. Godfrey will grow with each game at this level. Klose provides balance being left footed and has the experience at this level.

Dont think the problem is our defending though, it's our tactics. I think only a great DM might make us less vulnerable if we persist with having Aarons and Lewis pushing up so much. I hope Amadou is that player

4 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Godfrey was my MOM today, the only defender who actually defended.. brilliant performance from the lad

Yes Godfrey looked impressive on a number of occasions. I never knew he could dribble like that! Cantwell looks a different player this season, strong, tenacious and extremely quick feet. Didnt see much of him in the second half, but good in the first.

Stiepermann yet to settle at this level. When he finds his feet could be important for us. Pukki continuing to score is very reassuring

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Lampard referenced improving game management, i guess thats what he meant. Thought Mounts'injury' was perfect timing for them, just as we were building up a head of steam.

Think they needed to get the monkey off their back. Cant blame them for ensuring they got over the line. Though I doubt their fans would have expected them to be time-wasting against little old Norwich

23 minutes ago, Orly said:

For a former player, Ekoku isn't exactly partisan towards Norwich is he?  Practically the opposite.

Totally. Gone down a lot in my estimation. Kept banging on about Marco fouling someone in the penalty box; many replays later I couldn't see it & neither could anyone else! Seemed to want to big up Chelsea from the off.

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I didn't see it, but Freezer said that towards the end Lampard was mocking the City fans, telling them to stop crying! Odd if true.A certain lack of class.

Anyway, we have some defenders to come back in, and Amadou, and even cover at full-back if our younger players (Aarons perhaps?) start feeling the strain. And we have shown we can score against good teams. It sounded as if Buendia is coming into form.

Very early, but there are signs that some teams (Palace and Newcastle?) that might be slipping downwards. And we have Burnley, Palace and Villa before the second international break, taking us up to eight games played. A good time to assess. So far we have played two very good teams and one seemingly very bad one. We need to see how we get on against the middle-ranked.

We were totally knackered second half. Chelsea were nearly as much, but they simply have slightly better, stronger players.

Shame, but I can't really argue with the result.

Cracking first half though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Totally. Gone down a lot in my estimation. Kept banging on about Marco fouling someone in the penalty box; many replays later I couldn't see it & neither could anyone else! Seemed to want to big up Chelsea from the off.

Sutton was even worse on BT Sport, moaning about every VAR decision or whatever that went in our favour, thought Cantwell should of been booked for diving, Godfrey sent off for stamping, the Krul free kick should of been a goal blah blah blah

• Like 1

No shame in losing by the odd goal to Chelsea.  However, overall a disappointingly poor second half from us.  We can do better and the defence is still worryingly cut open all to easily at times.

No playing out from the back today Krul just thumping it up the pitch and coming straight back.  I know we were bad but thought we were trying to play this way.