Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

All aboard the 2019/20 season! Who’s up for it?

Recommended Posts

Will it be easy? No

Will Farke get the tactics right? Mostly I hope

Will we receive the occasional humbling thrashing? Possibly

Will we be up against some of the world’s best teams? Absolutely

Do we have the skill and strength to compete? Absolutely, we have earned the right to compete 

Will we stay behind our team this season, and give amazing support home and away even if we ultimately go down? ... I truly hope so.

Good luck everyone and enjoy the ride! OTBC

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

 

Will we stay behind our team this season, and give amazing support home and away even if we ultimately go down? ... I truly hope so.

 

This.... I'm going nowhere! Backing the boys all the way. COYY.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited for the season to start. Currently in Hangzhou in China (awaiting a monster typhoon - don’t worry, safely holed up in the hotel) but have managed to VPN my way around the great firewall. Will be watching the game in the morning though as it’s a 3am kick off here.

COYFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well up for it and was emailing the members of my 'away' platoon only yesterday on the excitement of the 'day before'.

Five of us will be gunning for tickets for the London Stadium at 09.00 next Wednesday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot wait. I have no idea what to expect but the Club have my full and unerring support in the way they have approached things. I am so proud of the NCFC family at the moment and I really hope we confound the experts and have a terrific season. Even if we ultimately fail, though, I am glad we are trying something different. 

Edited by Chip20
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Do we have the skill and strength to compete? 

Will we stay behind our team this season, and give amazing support home and away even if we ultimately go down?

I was at the game last night and am completely hoarse this morning! The support was immense, especially in the immediate aftermath of conceding the goals.

One of the best away games I’ve been to. “Little old Norwich” were simply brilliant at times  

And we lost!  I keep having to remind myself because it feels like we won! So many positives and so proud ❤️❤️❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on our way to around mid table I think and we will be stylish with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I’m an evertonian and just wanted to say I was really impressed with the way your team played last night. Obviously Liverpool had their usual luck with the first two goals. You played some really nice stuff and I think you will surprise a lot of people this season. Really impressed with your two fullbacks but the player that stood out for me was Cantwell. He looks a serious talent. Anyway, good luck for the season I’ve always liked your club you are definitely where you belong. Proper fans who love their football 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

Hi everyone,

I’m an evertonian and just wanted to say I was really impressed with the way your team played last night. Obviously Liverpool had their usual luck with the first two goals. You played some really nice stuff and I think you will surprise a lot of people this season. Really impressed with your two fullbacks but the player that stood out for me was Cantwell. He looks a serious talent. Anyway, good luck for the season I’ve always liked your club you are definitely where you belong. Proper fans who love their football 👍

Cheers Evertonian. Good luck this season. And can we have our Naismith money back please? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2019 at 11:32, kick it off said:

So excited for the season to start. Currently in Hangzhou in China (awaiting a monster typhoon - don’t worry, safely holed up in the hotel) but have managed to VPN my way around the great firewall. Will be watching the game in the morning though as it’s a 3am kick off here.

COYFY

Give us a shout, KIO, and reassure us that the roof stayed on as the storm descended  (...but enough about the game, how about the typhoon etc etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Give us a shout, KIO, and reassure us that the roof stayed on as the storm descended  (...but enough about the game, how about the typhoon etc etc)

All fine, typhoon largely seems to have missed us - lots of rain and some strong wind this morning but nothing crazy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Cheers Evertonian. Good luck this season. And can we have our Naismith money back please? 

🤪. In all seriousness I don’t know what happened with him with you lot. He is a bit of a cult hero here. Scored some good goals for us and always grafted his **** off. Did a lot of work in the community here and donated money from his wages. We even clapped when he scored for you against us in the cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Evertonian said:

🤪. In all seriousness I don’t know what happened with him with you lot. He is a bit of a cult hero here. Scored some good goals for us and always grafted his **** off. Did a lot of work in the community here and donated money from his wages. We even clapped when he scored for you against us in the cup

We’ll call it quits for when you took Mike Walker 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP was an aspiration at the start of the season.  Looking at it now with the benefit of hindsight, all the points are holding up so far.

Especially pleasing is the fact that we have proven we can compete, even though results are not always the right ones. And on the support front it’s fantastic how the players and Farke are supported during and after games, sometimes you would think we were in the top six! 

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, let’s keep this amazing support going and if our enthusiasm and belief continues to transfer to the players then who knows what may happen!

OTBC

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most important thing if we go down is to keep the "togetherness". The cup games show that we have a seriously talented squad and even if we lose a couple we should be highly competitive next season. Lambert's gonna be gunning for us so all the more reason to stick together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...