Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Old photos my Dad took at Carrow Road

Came across some old photos my Dad took when we were at Carrow Road on the opening day of the 1990-91 season.  We played newly promoted Sunderland in a very entertaining game which we won 3 - 2 having led 2 - 0 at half-time.  Apologies for the poor quality.  The originals aren't great and these are photos taken from the original photos.

Here's hoping our first game back in the top division results in a victory!

NCFC - Carrow Road 25-08-1990 vs Sunderland 2.jpg

NCFC - Carrow Road 25-08-1990 vs Sunderland 3.jpg

NCFC - Carrow Road 25-08-1990 vs Sunderland 4.jpg

NCFC - Carrow Road 25-08-1990 vs Sunderland 5.jpg

NCFC - Carrow Road 25-08-1990 vs Sunderland.jpg

NCFC - Carrow Road 25-08-1990 vs Sunderland 6.jpg

Edited by norfolkbroadslim
  • Like 2

I don't for the life of me know what the trophy is?  it is shown in the second photo and also in the last photo where it was paraded by being held aloft by a blonde haired lady standing up through the sunroof of a car that was driven round the Carrow Road pitch!

9 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

I don't for the life of me know what the trophy is?  it is shown in the second photo and also in the last photo where it was paraded by being held aloft by a blonde haired lady standing up through the sunroof of a car that was driven around the Carrow Road pitch!

Possibly the Friendship Trophy which Norwich and Sunderland play for on an irregular basis - when we are both in the same division or are drawn against each other in a cup competition. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship_Trophy

It commemorates the Milk Cup final in 1985 when both sets of supporters got on so well. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Like 1

They used to regularly have Fiat cars drive round the pitch, at matched sponsored if I remember rightly by Pointer of Norwich.

• Like 1

thank god the subs nowadays only wear a track suit

not what those two have got on 😊

On 03/05/2019 at 21:30, norfolkbroadslim said:

Here it is in close-up from a different match

image.png.fee61a3c8f18de4d8b661f697ea86d22.png

The chap in the raincoat is the late Norman Potter who ran the Pointer Motor Co. that supplied the club with Fiat cars.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Had to smile when I realised 'old ' photos meant the 1990's 😀

LOL - it should be a punishable offence to describe anything in colour as old.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Had to smile when I realised 'old ' photos meant the 1990's 😀

Come on, it was literally just into the 90s, 29 years ago, that's 3 decades!  They are hardly new photos.  Some people say that in 1990 Delia was yet to step foot inside Carrow Road!

How about - not old, but equally not new photos taken by my Dad?

Not as ancient pictures as I was expecting, but a nice share nonetheless - totally takes me back to when I was present with the old man week in week out, and the Carrow Rd of my youth. Cheers Slim 👍

You'll be telling us you can take photos with your telephone next, and that it doesn't need to be plugged in!

Although not being my first Norwich game, this was my first visit to Carrow Road.  It was great, a very entertaining match.  We were great first half, so much better than Sunderland.  My Dad was talking to some fans at half time and  they were all in agreement that they couldn't see a way back into the game for Sunderland.  Little did we know that Sunderland would come out a different team second half, Gabbiadini in particular was excellent.

Happy to have actually found the goals on YouTube.  Brings back great memories -