Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

52 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You can't ignore it !

Yes I can. 

It is quite easy to not click the link and, as it was posted by you, I know it will be a load of sh1te

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are still using ukip propaganda to fight a battle you won. You have to now show us what your winning gets us. So far, so bad. Everything we warned about is actually happening. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Yes I can. 

It is quite easy to not click the link and, as it was posted by you, I know it will be a load of sh1te

Nail, Head. No wonder she found solice in the arms (and bed) of another.

• Confused 1

More winning Swindo? £300 odd million to go to Northern Ireland businesses to get ready for the pile of Brexit red tape. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Meanwhile, I believe, Michel Barnier is on holiday. (strange time to take one) Talks can't resume until August 17

I'm sure Michel Barnier is proficient enough in diary management to know when the next set of talks are scheduled, I expect he's managed to work out that he has time for a holiday before the next round is due.

David Frost said recently that talks would continue during August & September, I don't think Barnier needs to panic.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Meanwhile, I believe, Michel Barnier is on holiday. (strange time to take one) Talks can't resume until August 17

The EU are in no hurry, they have the UK where they want them and can run down the clock. Word is that the UK have accepted there will be a level playing field and the only question is how this is enforced.

16 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The EU are in no hurry, they have the UK where they want them and can run down the clock. Word is that the UK have accepted there will be a level playing field and the only question is how this is enforced.

I HOPE NOT !

30 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I HOPE NOT !

yes, imagine poor UK workers stuck with holiday pay, sick pay and a safe working environment

where your wife (daughter) gets the same pay for doing the same job as a male and lorry drivers are made totake breaks and not allowed to put in 14 hour shifts

you truly are as thick as sh t

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

I HOPE NOT !

On "fair play" rules covering the economy and trade, Barnier said "no progress" had been made, despite EU attempts to forge consensus over maintaining standards. The EU wants to ensure it is not undercut by the UK in areas such as the environment, labour law, state aid, tax. The UK insists on setting its own standards, which it says will remain high, free from EU rules.

25 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I HOPE NOT !

On "fair play" rules covering the economy and trade, Barnier said "no progress" had been made, despite EU attempts to forge consensus over maintaining standards. The EU wants to ensure it is not undercut by the UK in areas such as the environment, labour law, state aid, tax. The UK insists on setting its own standards, which it says will remain high, free from EU rules.

that is incredibly stupid eve for you

were it to be true then how could the UK then undercut the EU ?

these standards and protections are a minimum - so the UK is free to set them as high as they wish

as said, you really are as thick as sht

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And where did fishy get his information from ? 

Not from the same source as you, where it appears the EU  is supposedly stopping the UK

from keeping to it's high standards

which apparently undercuts the EU

only someone as completely stupid as you mouse brain would put that illogical idiocy forward as a defence

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

My source was from the Financial Times !

a prediction that is now out of date, you dimwit

has it not occurred to you why everyone else here or in the wider world is no longer spouting the same nonsense

could it be that it has been found out, and so you can hardly claim the earth is flat when all evidence shows it is not

ps what is your thought on todays news that once out of the EU, those arriving at the beaches of the South Coast will not be able to be returned to France 🤣

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

My source was from the Financial Times !

Did you read the report in the FT?

What do you think about Boris Johnsons suggestion about state-aid? This was the compromise that the EU were willing to talk about, it seems very trivial.

Do you have any update on the talks that took place 5 days later?

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So all you wanting to stay in the EU believe we will give way and submit to a level playing field   

image.png.000cc0fd6789de2ce72dfe6bce3b0dec.png

We've already agreed to a level playing field in the WA.

• Haha 2

On 01/08/2020 at 22:17, SwindonCanary said:

I WILL PUT MONEY ON IT, THE UK WILL DO BETTER ! MARK MY WORDS 

''Britain’s economy will be officially declared in recession this week for the first time since the 2008 financial crisis, as the coronavirus outbreak plunges the country into the deepest slump on record.

Figures from the Office for National Statistics on Wednesday are expected to s how gross domestic product (GDP), the broadest measure of economic prosperity, fell in the three months to June by 21%.''

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/aug/09/uk-to-fall-into-deepest-slump-on-record-with-worst-fall-in-gdp-among-g7

image.png.303f9c23dfd29b493ad0c6a520540140.png

• SwindonCanary
  • Members
  • 10,176 posts

That our rate will be lower than ALL the EU countries that I listed 

It's that simple, Just proving that your rant in reply to me was nonsense

your on £100 It is 

There's no rubbing it in, or a reason to gloat on my part - as I had hoped the high figure might cause you to step back and read up on what you were betting.

You might have even paid heed to where I was pointing out why the UK would have such bad figures,

But no, you continued with childish 'taunts; and lies.

Just as you are still doing now (the latter)

52 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No need to rub it in I KNOW I will lose, but at the time I was right  

How could you be correct about some data that hadn't been published.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

How could you be correct about some data that hadn't been published.

I owe you an apology Mr Squitters for earlier 'jumping on you' about figures you posted up, which were entirely correct.

My concern was that mouse brain would not then look up the stuff himself if too many pointed how he was completely wrong.

I did try to point out that, as the UK locked down later than others, the bad trade figures would be skewed towards a worse second quarter whereas others would have some of the worst spread over in to the first quarter ie March.

As expected this simpleton saw this as yet another part of the 'slanging match', so chose to reply with another lie - supposedly to defend his cause (delusion).

And, as said, there is nothing to gloat about, as his idiocy is just a frightening example of the stupidity that stalks our land and has fcked up so much for the country, and us all.

yes, the rest of us know (and knew) what GDP is

shame you didn't

it would have saved you £100

ps let us know when you have paid up 😋