Sign in to follow this  
Boris

Open Top Bus Parade!?

Will be ideal on Monday 06.05 before Wes Hoolahan-Russ Martin testimonial !

If any one remember last time under Lambert how many days after last game we do same is good to share as I make plans to come for both game and parade !

We secured promotion on May 2nd, final game of the season was on May 7th and the parade was held on May 10th (A Tuesday).

I'm sincerely hoping that the parade won't be on a weekday as I won't be able to get time off work, and won't be able to get there after work as it would have finished before I arrived. Really enjoyed it last time and would hate to miss out! The Monday would be ideal but I suspect it won't be then due to the Wes/Russ game.

Edited by kick it off

Just now, lake district canary said:

Too many people think it's done and dusted.  There are still six games to go!

Give it a rest. If you want to be a miserable git then crack on, the rest of us are going to enjoy it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Too many people think it's done and dusted.  There are still six games to go!

In the past, when we’ve been miles off in terms of promotion chases and relegation battles, you’ve been deludedly optimistic even when the odds were realistically stacked against us.  Now we’re odds-on for promotion you’re bafflingly negative. How odd. Like KIO said, just bloody enjoy it instead of whingeing 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

In the past, when we’ve been miles off in terms of promotion chases and relegation battles, you’ve been deludedly optimistic even when the odds were realistically stacked against us.  Now we’re odds-on for promotion you’re bafflingly negative. How odd. Like KIO said, just bloody enjoy it instead of whingeing 🙄🙄🙄

It's not difficult to understand, the season isn't done and dusted until the maths say so - and it works whether you are chasing points to catch up, or leading the pack - and It's got nothing to do with being positive or negative either, it's about accepting things as they are.

Edited by lake district canary

13 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Give it a rest. If you want to be a miserable git then crack on, the rest of us are going to enjoy it.

I'm ecstatic about where we are now, at this moment, not celebrating something that hasn't happened yet! 

18 minutes ago, kick it off said:

We secured promotion on May 2nd, final game of the season was on May 7th and the parade was held on May 10th (A Tuesday).

I'm sincerely hoping that the parade won't be on a weekday as I won't be able to get time off work, and won't be able to get there after work as it would have finished before I arrived. Really enjoyed it last time and would hate to miss out! The Monday would be ideal but I suspect it won't be then due to the Wes/Russ game.

It is even better with Wes/Russ game and is Bank Holiday so this mean much more ppl on this event !

ofcourse 6 games is much but 8 pts +gd and we so confident on the field we are so close really...

Just now, Hoola Han Solo said:

Any City fan (or football fan in general) knows Norwich City are all but promoted. Unless they haven’t got a brain in their head.

You said it...all "but" promoted.  Glad you agree with me. It's not done until it's done.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You said it...all "but" promoted.  Glad you agree with me. It's not done until it's done.

Christ,some people are never happy, I wouldn't like to be around you on a bad day. 

• Like 1

I don't know where you get the idea I'm not happy, I'm ecstatic about where we are and how we are playing, loving it....but I'll celebrate promotion when it happens - until then I'll celebrate as we progress towards it.  Have you learned nothing from listening to Farke? Stay in the now and enjoy that,  not some hoped for future that has still to happen.

• Like 1

Come on LDC. People getting excited and talking of celebrations is not going to hex the team or anything. You would be better not joining in the topic rather than rain on others parade.

The team under DF will make sure they keep their feet on the ground. No sign of arrogance today. Just a brilliant effort to bury a team with our classy brand of football.

Let the fans who are convinced enjoy it for longer than you care to.

• Like 3

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Come on LDC. People getting excited and talking of celebrations is not going to hex the team or anything. You would be better not joining in the topic rather than rain on others parade.

The team under DF will make sure they keep their feet on the ground. No sign of arrogance today. Just a brilliant effort to bury a team with our classy brand of football.

Let the fans who are convinced enjoy it for longer than you care to.

I was just thinking exactly the same. If LDC doesn't want to count chickens or whatever then fair enough, but why does he feel the need to bang on about anybody else doing it? Is he that desperate for a row with someone that he's choosing that particular hill to die on? If he doesn't agree or whatever then fine, just shut up, we don't need him to repeatedly ram his opinion down the non-miserablists throats.

Farke doesn't want people to get ahead of themselves either. Do people not pay attention to what he says?  Enjoy it - it's times like this that are the best, but talking about when an open top bus might be, is slightly premature imo.

And, kio, I'm entitled to express that opinion and won't "shut up" because you say so.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Farke doesn't want people to get ahead of themselves either. Do people not pay attention to what he says?  Enjoy it - it's times like this that are the best, but talking about when an open top bus might be, is slightly premature imo.

We're well aware that's your opinion, we still don't care. Stop being such a sanctimonious titt. I would imagine as grown adults, most of us don't need DF to tell us what to think, much as we love and appreciate him.  If you don't agree, fine, but you're not changing anybody's mind or mood with your constant chipping, just coming across as a mildly irritating muppet.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

Listen, kio, I answered on topic, I expressed a view clearly and with reasoning, but fine, go ahead, you enjoy things your way, I'll enjoy them my way, but don't post stuff on here and then get upset when someone disagrees with you - and then start insulting them.

I repeat this is a fantastic season, every game I've been to or watched has been brilliant and long may it contiune, but this is a forum for all opinions, not just yours.

Eh Ok then we must added" If we win the league"

evry one know is when rather than if but we of course talk if all be OK and of course we win the league to have trophy on this Bus 🙂

LDC, we're 8 points clear with only 18 to play for, and also 3 results better off than TWO teams - which is crucial. If we lost our last 6 we would still be in with a good shout of finishing top two.

I understand that you're not willing to commit until 100% mathematical certainty, but top bookies are offering 50-1 plus on us to finish below second.

Of course it's not certain until it's certain , but my God man enjoy the ride!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Listen, kio, I answered on topic, I expressed a view clearly and with reasoning, but fine, go ahead, you enjoy things your way, I'll enjoy them my way, but don't post stuff on here and then get upset when someone disagrees with you - and then start insulting them.

I repeat this is a fantastic season, every game I've been to or watched has been brilliant and long may it contiune, but this is a forum for all opinions, not just yours.

I wouldn't want or expect it to be just my opinion, but your opinion is essentially "Ignore the 99% probability and focus on being as negative and miserable about the 1% chance as possible and criticise everybody who is positive and enjoying it". Your tone is sanctimonious, as if we're all stupid for buying into the fact that it is highly likely we'll be promoted.

You made no attempt to answer the question which was clearly from somebody who we know will have to travel a long way, wanting details on the last promotion parade to inform his planning for the incredibly likely parade this season. I responded with requested details and made a speculative post about hoping it wouldn't be a week day, and you decided that was grounds to chip in with some condescending nonsense.

You're not celebrating until it's mathematically sealed. We get it. Repeating some tropes and then trying to give it credibility because of what Farke says to the press is silly. Your viewpoint is clear, you don't need to post it 280000 times to be heard. The last thing Farke and the team need is nervousness and hesitancy in the stands, they want the confident positivity they've been afforded all season. The players need to keep grounded, we don't, and the fact we aren't will have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

The last thing Farke and the team need is nervousness and hesitancy in the stands, they want the confident positivity they've been afforded all season. The players need to keep grounded, we don't, and the fact we aren't will have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the season.

Fans need to be as grounded as possible too. Positive, yes, but not ahead of themselves.  Even Michael Bailey was talking about it the other day.  Reading will likely be a much tougher game than today, I hope those that are going are ready for a tough match.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Fans need to be as grounded as possible too. Positive, yes, but not ahead of themselves.  Even Michael Bailey was talking about it the other day.  Reading will likely be a much tougher game than today, I hope those that are going are ready for a tough match.

What material difference will it make to anyone if they aren't grounded?

At this moment in time I would hate not to be totally optimistic, enjoy all the speculation and revel in the thought of being promoted and then, if it didn't happen, I would not only be gutted that it didn't happen but I'd also be gutted that I never celebrated the prospect of it happening when I had the chance.

Opportunities like this don't come around very often and after the last 3 seasons that mainly consisted of pretty dire football that included relegation, stagnation and even more stagnation (aka transistion), I'd rather make the most of it now.

Besides, we are going to walk it anyway.

• Like 1

I would hope that the joy of today's performance along with a bit nectar before will make the atmosphere at Carrow Road on Wednesday one of positivity and the singing of the normal "Going up up up" and "We are Premier League".

Please don't tell me LDC, that you don't want them to sing those songs. Or should it be "Could be up up up"

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You thinking that we may need to call on some of the supporters to make the numbers up on the bench?? As if some supporters celebrating promotion on an internet message board is going to influence the performance on a professional football club! 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Farke doesn't want people to get ahead of themselves either. Do people not pay attention to what he says?  

Yes, he said, that we are allowed to dream, it's for him and his Team to remain calm and focused.

We'll trust him with that, meantime we'll make preparations for the party that the football we've had the privilege to witness, will allow us to enjoy. 

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would hope that the joy of today's performance along with a bit nectar before will make the atmosphere at Carrow Road on Wednesday one of positivity and the singing of the normal "Going up up up" and "We are Premier League".

Please don't tell me LDC, that you don't want them to sing those songs. Or should it be "Could be up up up"

"E I E I  E I O,

Tentatively creeping up the league we go,

If we manage to possibly, maybe get promoted or even the title,

then this is what we might sing in that hypothetical scenario but remember nothing is setlled yet...."

"We are currently top of the league but appreciate there is a long way left to go"

"Ole, ole, ole, ole, possibly going up, up, up"

"We are (currently in the championship but hope to be in the) Premier League (if we can obtain the requisite points for mathematical certainty)"

"Farke was once on a horse, but not anymore so let's stick to the facts and not make up speculative rumours,

What a great team to support..."

All straight from the LDC song book.... Wonder if any of those will get an airing on Weds?

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

“We might be going up and the scum might be going down, they might be going down

there’s a long way to go but they might be going down, they might be going down”

• Haha 1