Sign in to follow this  
andyc24_uk

Paul Warne

Good manager, doing impressive things with a tight budget at Rotherham. Yes we beat them over the 90 minutes and form and class ultimately told, but he got their tactics spot on for the first half I thought to do the job they needed to do, and if that shot off the post had gone in I think they would have taken at least a point from us.  Wouldn't mind seeing his name on the shortlist of potential replacements when Farke eventually moves on - Let's hope that's not an issue for a long while, but I think Warne could do very well at a bigger club if and when we need to start looking.

He did set his team up well and I thought they were the better side first half, despite all our possession. Their no. 23 looked really good too.

I suspect if we needed to get a new head coach, we would be getting someone who could carry on in the same vein as we are now - someone well versed in the system we are using....maybe even someone who is already at the club.

I think if/when Farke leaves he will take his coaching staff and others with him

so enjoy it while it lasts

as to Paul Warne it should show our whining neighbours what can be done on a smaller budget

they looked good enough to stay up and I expect they will be a bit higher up the table by January

He did set his team up well and I thought they were the better side first half, despite all our possession. Their no. 23 looked really good too.

I thought the lad Williams looked full of energy and was quite happy run his socks off. I think he could do better than Rotherham.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If he wasnt from norfolk and a norwich fan would you still be saying this.....has what he's done at Rotherham really been that impressive to be talked about as a possible norwich managerial replacement??

Got them punching above their weight which is about as much as you can ask of a manager.

Ok if youre looking for someone who might be able to get a team out of league one or battle against relegation in the championship on a limited budget...like to hope our ambitions are a little higher

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ok if youre looking for someone who might be able to get a team out of league one or battle against relegation in the championship on a limited budget...like to hope our ambitions are a little higher

With that kind of attitude Norwich would never have taken a chance in Farke. Unless promoted, Norwich won’t be hunting for managers with a string of successes on their CV. 

Warne seems to be doing a great job and credit to Rotherham for sticking with him in their relegation season. 

I don’t think he’ll be someone Norwich look to bring in as his style is a long way from the ‘attacking, passing football’ that has been defined as the ‘Norwich Way’. Which is also why I don’t think the Cowley brothers at Lincoln would also be a preference, despite a lot of hype around them. 

I don’t actually think it is going to be something Norwich have to think about for a while yet though luckily. 

• Like 2

On 02/12/2018 at 06:10, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If he wasnt from norfolk and a norwich fan would you still be saying this.....has what he's done at Rotherham really been that impressive to be talked about as a possible norwich managerial replacement??

Would I be saying that a talented, up and coming manager who's just given a good demonstration of his tactical nous should be someone the club is keeping tabs on for the future? Unless he was an Ipswich fan, Yes, I absolutely would.  I think he's done a good job so far at Rotherham, they're certainly performing better than an initial glance at the teamsheet would suggest they have any right to be doing. 

Don't get me wrong, I hope Farke stays here for years to come and leads us to great things...And honestly the impression I get is that he genuinely likes it here and might well do just that. But realistically if we keep performing the way we are, he's going to get calls from bigger Premier League and Bundesliga clubs at some point, and IF he decided to move on we would be foolish not to be following the progress of potential replacements. 

Well, if Farke is going to stay with us for years to come we do need to hurry up and sort out his contract situation!

On 02/12/2018 at 12:42, keelansgrandad said:

Some managers are better with players of L1/L2 ability and spend their careers at that level.

Maybe that will be Paul Hurst's fate as he couldn't even get a shift in at Notts County :classic_blush:

Edited by ......and Smith must score.