PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

O dear, there maybe trouble ahead

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67768873

I saw a clip of this mentioned on FOX news yesterday. Apparently it only applies to the Primary and doesn't apply to the November election. Even if it did, they mentioned that if Trump is not on the Colorado ballot, all Colorado Repbulicans will be encouraged to switch their vote to Robert Kennedy, and that this would possibly embarrass Biden hugely as their poll numbers would be nearly neck-and-neck 😬

Edited by TheRock

38 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I expect it will just push Trumps poll numbers higher.

Well it certainly won't change the minds of the Maga mob, but then nothing could (even if Trump murdered their own children they would consider that helpful debt relief). What will be interesting is if other states follow suit. The soft Republicans (traditional GOP supporters) and the non-aligned will be crucial in the coming election, and I get the feeling Trump's current popularity is going to get hit quite hard when judgements like this combine with the likely outcomes of the 91 felonies he faces. If only Biden could be encouraged to stand down I think the Democrats would absolutely bury Trump. 

24 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Well it certainly won't change the minds of the Maga mob, but then nothing could (even if Trump murdered their own children they would consider that helpful debt relief). What will be interesting is if other states follow suit. The soft Republicans (traditional GOP supporters) and the non-aligned will be crucial in the coming election, and I get the feeling Trump's current popularity is going to get hit quite hard when judgements like this combine with the likely outcomes of the 91 felonies he faces. If only Biden could be encouraged to stand down I think the Democrats would absolutely bury Trump. 

I doubt Biden will stand. I suspect a late withdrawal and Newsom being the imposed candidate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

I doubt Biden will stand. I suspect a late withdrawal and Newsom being the imposed candidate.

I bloody hope so. 

6 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Yes nothing screams "DEMOCRACY" more than preventing your political opponent's name from appearing on the ballot.

I think Trump excused himself from democracy by not accepting the outcome with good grace of loosing the last presidential election - indeed coming close to calling for a coup. Policemen got killed!

That's all that's really happened.

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The really unfortunate thing about Trump is that all the gun nuts that might assassinate someone support him.

Trump supporters + guns = Darwin Awards material.

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

I think Trump excused himself from democracy by not accepting the outcome with good grace of loosing the last presidential election - indeed coming close to calling for a coup. Policemen got killed!

Like Hilary and the democrats in 2016?

Sound like there might be a power vacuum in the US next year if we continue to use your logic.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Funny* how someone that attempted a coup can still get so much support.

*It's not funny at all. It would be tragic if it wasn't so unhinged and dangerous.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Honest question, who other than Ashli Babbitt died at this "failed coup"? Possibly Alexandra Ocasio Cortez?

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Funny* how someone that attempted a coup can still get so much support.

*It's not funny at all. It would be tragic if it wasn't so unhinged and dangerous.

To be honest the only thing that is unhinged and dangerous is preventing democracy. Or do you think that people should be prevented from electing their preferred candidate because you and a Colorado judge know better?

Oh and if you were supporting Trump banning Biden/Harris/Newsome from running I would be saying the same. I doubt you would have the same view though. You would be crying foul!!!

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

He attempted a coup on the American Republic. He shouldn't even be allowed to stand again. Blimey. How hard is it to understand for these people!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herman said:

He attempted a coup on the American Republic. He shouldn't even be allowed to stand again. Blimey. How hard is it to understand for these people!!

coups ˈküz : a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics and especially the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/colorado-gop-caucus-primary-trump-supreme-court-rcna130591

If the motion is upheld, the Colorado GOP have declared that they will disregard the Primaries for a Caucus system. Interesting that Trump's simp and touted VP candidate Ramaswamy has quickly declared that he will boycott the Colorado Primary ticket if Trump remains omitted.

Interestingly some of the Democratic commentators are also disgusted by this decision stating it is unconstitutional. It is worth noting that all seven judges on the Colorado SC are considered liberal-leaning and the vote score was split 4-3, so this has certainly ruffled feathers on the other side too amongst Democrats.

Commetators expecting that if the case is brought before the SCOTUS, the decision is expected to be overturned.

Edited by TheRock

On 20/12/2023 at 10:57, ricardo said:

Last time round, Biden did little campaigning as the Democrats wanted to focus on attacking Trump rather than carting Joe around the states. I expect the Dem tactic of "Hidin' Biden" will be utilised once again.

If Biden won again, I doubt he'd complete his four more years, he'd likely stand aside before the mid-terms for Harris.

Edited by TheRock

19 minutes ago, TheRock said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/colorado-gop-caucus-primary-trump-supreme-court-rcna130591

If the motion is upheld, the Colorado GOP have declared that they will disregard the Primaries for a Caucus system. Interesting that Trump's simp and touted VP candidate Ramaswamy has quickly declared that he will boycott the Colorado Primary ticket if Trump remains omitted.

Interestingly some of the Democratic commentators are also disgusted by this decision stating it is unconstitutional. It is worth noting that all seven judges on the Colorado SC are considered liberal-leaning and the vote score was split 4-3, so this has certainly ruffled feathers on the other side too amongst Democrats.

Commetators expecting that if the case is brought before the SCOTUS, the decision is expected to be overturned.

I think the Supreme Court will kick it out rather quickly whether it has a sound legal footing or not. 

18 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Last time round, Biden did little campaigning as the Democrats wanted to focus on attacking Trump rather than carting Joe around the states. I expect the Dem tactic of "Hidin' Biden" will be utilised once again.

If Biden won again, I doubt he'd complete his four more years, he'd likely stand aside before the mid-terms for Harris.

I think you will find that Harris is the reason why Biden won't run. Nobody wants her as President presumptive and that is why Newsom will be imposed.

16 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Yes nothing screams "DEMOCRACY" more than preventing your political opponent's name from appearing on the ballot.

Democracy is impossible without the acceptance of the rule of law. Trump breached US laws by inciting an insurrection, and by refusing to accept the result of an election and the peaceful transfer of power in opposition to the fundamental principles of the US constitution. Therefore, he has been disbarred.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

coups ˈküz : a sudden decisive exercise of force in politics and especially the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group

What do you actually think this proves?

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Democracy is impossible without the acceptance of the rule of law. Trump breached US laws by inciting an insurrection, and by refusing to accept the result of an election and the peaceful transfer of power in opposition to the fundamental principles of the US constitution. Therefore, he has been disbarred.

I think you will find that Trump has twice been acquitted of insurrection by the US Senate. I will be very surprised if his name is not on the ballot in November.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think you will find that Trump has twice been acquitted of insurrection by the US Senate. I will be very surprised if his name is not on the ballot in November.

A judge in Denver ruled that Trump was an insurrectionist & that's why the Supreme Court in Colorado ruled in the way that they did. 

• Like 1

It is the American constitution, it's judiciary and democracy that is now being stress tested by Trump. His actions were unprecedented and thought impossible - beyond imagination.

I lost track a long time ago of how many laws suits, felonies and the like he is being charged with.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think that will largely depend on whether his trial for attempted electoral fraud takes place before then. There is a reason why Trump's lawyers are doing everything they can to prevent that happening. Several of Trump's key co-conspirators have already plead guilty to the offence, and will give evidence directly implicating Trump. The evidence is completely overwhelming and damning (especially the phone recording of Trump's call to Brad Raffensperger). If the trial is completed before November Trump is well and truly f***ed. He's desperately hoping he can delay the trial so that when he is found guilty he can pardon himself (that's all the hope he really has). Either way the GOP is making a colossal error in supporting him. He will either have to be dumped just before the election or soon after it, as the idea that a president could sit in the White House having been convicted of electoral fraud is completely unsustainable.