Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Submarine

FIFA 12

so who has already pre-ordered their copy of FIFA 12? Or who''s waiting for the supermarket price war to commence? Asda are selling for £35, which seems to be the best price out there currently.

The more I play, the more it seems to wind me up, even though I''m trying not to let it get to me. But you look at the Arsenal players, the Manc players, the Liverlose players, and they all look unnervingly realistic. You look at our team an the players look feck all like their real-life counterparts. Ok, yes, from a distance they look good and it''s a huge improvement on previous years (Obviously being in lower leagues). But it''s just not good enough. I thought at least the effort would be put into the whole of the top leagues. I hope Holty and the boys aren''t too disappointed when they play it!That gripe being over. It''s a fine, fine game!!!

I had a go on it yesterday, takes a few games to get used to the new defending, I got done 3-1 by the scum on first match :O best Fifa game yet though and a million times better than pro evo

Players don''t look too bad but what the hell is on De Laet''s head!

Turns out I am equally crap at 12 as I was at 11, if not slightly worse...I really like these games but I find it so frustrating.In my first game the binners scored and I had to turn it off, especially when Townsend started banging on about how there was nothing between the two teams...other than a whole division and a 9-2 demolition?

Hardest Fifa so far, but also the best.Good challenge, defending is no longer a hold-tackle-and-run-at-them game. Alot more realistic. Youth squad on career mode with scouting. The only thing that pissed me off is i rejected a 6.8mill bid for Hoolahan, only for him to then put in a transfer request and the Board accept a 2.4mill offer!

Bought a copy at the weekend. Got my wife to buy a load of crap from Sainsbury and got it for £28.

I spent the first couple of days playing it and struggling badly! The new defending is difficult to master, but it''s far more realistic as you suggest Hogesar.

My advice is stick to it. I found my self trying to play it like previous FIFA titles, but it''s a completly different beast. Haven''t tried many of the different game faces yet, just friendlies against the computer and a couple of onlines thrashings from the pink''un muppet Bristol canary. What do you all recommend then?

Surprised to see all the positive comments on here, few people I know who are big Fifa fans have said its poor (although that could be because its harder so they aren''t winning :P) I''m getting PES next friday, don''t want to make this a Fifa vs PES argument, because Fifa wins its more popular and for most people the better game, i just prefer PES. But might get Fifa for Christmas if i start to get bored of PES (but considering i have been playing last years version, just as much in the past couple of weeks as i have at any other point in the last year, probably means i won''t get bored to quickly...)

I''m now getting into it and have to say it is brilliant, very hard but brilliant.The lack of effort on the non big four/five players is annoying but to be expected.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Surprised to see all the positive comments on here, few people I know who are big Fifa fans have said its poor (although that could be because its harder so they aren''t winning :P) I''m getting PES next friday, don''t want to make this a Fifa vs PES argument, because Fifa wins its more popular and for most people the better game, i just prefer PES. But might get Fifa for Christmas if i start to get bored of PES (but considering i have been playing last years version, just as much in the past couple of weeks as i have at any other point in the last year, probably means i won''t get bored to quickly...)[/quote]Yep, the only people that can now prefer PES to Fifa are the one''s who like to just hold the tackle button and run around aimlessly!Much better game, much more realistic. Hard to get used to, playing World Class and finished a season in 13th, which isn''t terrible.

More rubbish from hogesar.

Your first line, its complete bull. I have never and will never do that, it will get you know where, if thats how you play PES then its probably why you don''t like it. Being able to score with your GK on fifa may be fun for you, but you''ll never get that level of complete and utter unrealism on PES...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]More rubbish from hogesar.

Your first line, its complete bull. I have never and will never do that, it will get you know where, if thats how you play PES then its probably why you don''t like it. Being able to score with your GK on fifa may be fun for you, but you''ll never get that level of complete and utter unrealism on PES...[/quote]Someone is clearly really, really bad at Fifa - hence your love for PES - it''s a piece of piss.

So much for not turning this into PES vs Fifa!

I used to be a huge PES fan, but I''ve gotta say hands down Fifa is by far the most realistic gaming experience this year. The realism in player movements is stunning, as is the wide range of shots, and new tackling system.

PES still feels wooden, and the passing system is horrific. Fifa feels more natural and fluid.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]www.sabotagetimes.com/hardware/pes-2012-reviewed-the-best-football-game-ever-created[/quote]"Because the essential truth is this: PES people are good and honest. They support lower league clubs, they read books and they like Spinal Tap. FIFA people are just…they’re dickheads."

Lower league clubs? I think that''s for Fifa, you know, the game where you can actually play as the lower league clubs!Awful article written by an equally awful individual who thinks making Spectrum comments will result in readers thinking he knows what he''s talking about!A little bit funny, mind.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gingerpele"]More rubbish from hogesar.

Your first line, its complete bull. I have never and will never do that, it will get you know where, if thats how you play PES then its probably why you don''t like it. Being able to score with your GK on fifa may be fun for you, but you''ll never get that level of complete and utter unrealism on PES...[/quote]Someone is clearly really, really bad at Fifa - hence your love for PES - it''s a piece of piss.[/quote]

You ever seen me play Fifa? For some reason, despite not playing it much, i''m still very good. First time i played Fifa 11, on Xbox (and I use PS3, so although not a big point, different controller) against someone else, who i know from watching him against other people is pretty good, and beat him a few times. I''m good at both games, online and single player. Fifa is easy, don''t think i''ve ever missed a one on one on Fifa, they are much harder on PES, its easier to just run past players on Fifa with any player, on PES you actually need a decent dribbler or speedy player to get past people....

To be honest, i really don''t care if you hate PES, i think its a much better game and find Fifa far to easy and not enjoyable.

As for that article, its a bit pointless really. He says immediatly he loves PES, hates Fifa so of course he''s going to say all that. I thought i was a bit more fair minded in my judgement, but i''m not really but i blame the PES haters/Fifa lovers, who just can''t accept PES at all. I play Fifa, and I don''t really think its all that bad but for me its just not as good as PES....

I have PES 2011 so i don''t hate PES. I hate the current PES, and Fifa 11 is about 328904823904823084902380 times easier than Fifa 12, and we''re currently discussing the latest release.

Have both games and both are pretty good in their own way, Neither are perfect. If you could take the presentation and licences of FIFA and add the fluency and playability of PES then you would have a really good game. As it stands I think PES is the better game.

FIFA is for people who are easily pleased. FIFA is for people who play the game on the easiest difficulty setting, just so they win every game 6-0. FIFA is for people who support lower league teams, and win the Champions League with them in their 3rd season. FIFA is the Nani of football games. PES is the Park Ji-Sung. Reliable, honest, hard working, passionate, tough tackling, dedicated. No frills, just a solid game. The gameplay - which in my opinion has always been better on PES - is pretty incredible this year. I prefer it a lot more than 2011. Goals are rewarded with a feeling of self-worth. On FIFA, goals are just greeted with the opportunity to perform your favourite backflips with Emile Heskey.

FIFA is a game for kids, parties and people who enjoy a 6-0 drubbing over a non-league side. PES is for hardcore grassroots fans who enjoy beating their local rivals 4-3 with a 94th minute goal line scramble tap-in.

[quote user="Largey"]FIFA is for people who are easily pleased. FIFA is for people who play the game on the easiest difficulty setting, just so they win every game 6-0. FIFA is for people who support lower league teams, and win the Champions League with them in their 3rd season. FIFA is the Nani of football games. PES is the Park Ji-Sung. Reliable, honest, hard working, passionate, tough tackling, dedicated. No frills, just a solid game. The gameplay - which in my opinion has always been better on PES - is pretty incredible this year. I prefer it a lot more than 2011. Goals are rewarded with a feeling of self-worth. On FIFA, goals are just greeted with the opportunity to perform your favourite backflips with Emile Heskey.

FIFA is a game for kids, parties and people who enjoy a 6-0 drubbing over a non-league side. PES is for hardcore grassroots fans who enjoy beating their local rivals 4-3 with a 94th minute goal line scramble tap-in.[/quote]Dear oh dear oh dear, how wrong can one person be?

hogesar, why is your opinion fact?

Just because you think PES is crap and Fifa isn''t, doesn''t mean everyone else thinks the same. It may be 80-20 fifa to PES fans, I don''t know or really care. But your attitude just comes across as if you are completely right, and its just annoying.

As for PES 2012, only bought it today, went back to Norwich for weekend so didn''t have PS3 with me, just about to start first game, but Norwich are pretty crap. The stats are crap, the players don''t look realistic, Crofts is a RB apparently, transfers out are out of date (again, why on earth can''t they update transfers? These happened 6 weeks before the game came out, Fifa manages it, Football manager manages it and they have hundreds of teams) so not impressed at that, not that i expected any different. Its just since they have less teams in the first place, they could at least get all the details right with the ones they do have....

gingerpele there is an update to download with the current squad. Still crap stats though! Don''t know who researched Bennett''s pace, Maybe Stevie Wonder!

Lol.

Well after winning the World Cup with England, I quite like PES 2012. (only played on regular, 3rd of the 5 difficulty levels to get used to the couple of new controls and the different style of play, will be bumping it up to Top player or professional whatever they call the hardest setting)

GKs are poor, i''m sure they said they were being improved. Definatly not. Low crosses are nearly always missed or parried, they never seem to hold onto the ball when they save. Hopefully they are better on the higher setting.

Stats are strange, Rooney is rated 95 on the left wing, Andy Carroll has a better rating than Bent, Defoe is only 69, Whilshire has gone up from like 64 in the last game to 85, Gerrard despite not playing well/much last season is rated 93. Don''t seem accurate enough to me to be honest.

I like the flow of the game, its not perfect but I like it. Passing seems a bit more realistic, it seems to let you do the pass you want to unlike last year which often did something annoying.

Shooting, is easier. I have already scored a few chipped goals while last years version it was near impossible (or at least I couldn''t do them very well at all) long range shooting seems to be a lot more accurate, which is good in one way but at lower difficulty at least means shooting from range is going to get you goals (either going straight in, or from the GK dropping the ball....).

I really don''t know why so many people dislike PES so much, its not trying to be Fifa, which is what I think some people expect. Its a different style of game and it should be treated differently. I''m not anti-fifa at all, I quite enjoy playing Fifa with friends but single player I can''t rate it as highly as PES, online I would guess Fifa wins as well, although i''ve never played it online....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lol.

Well after winning the World Cup with England, I quite like PES 2012. (only played on regular, 3rd of the 5 difficulty levels to get used to the couple of new controls and the different style of play, will be bumping it up to Top player or professional whatever they call the hardest setting)

GKs are poor, i''m sure they said they were being improved. Definatly not. Low crosses are nearly always missed or parried, they never seem to hold onto the ball when they save. Hopefully they are better on the higher setting.

Stats are strange, Rooney is rated 95 on the left wing, Andy Carroll has a better rating than Bent, Defoe is only 69, Whilshire has gone up from like 64 in the last game to 85, Gerrard despite not playing well/much last season is rated 93. Don''t seem accurate enough to me to be honest.

I like the flow of the game, its not perfect but I like it. Passing seems a bit more realistic, it seems to let you do the pass you want to unlike last year which often did something annoying.

Shooting, is easier. I have already scored a few chipped goals while last years version it was near impossible (or at least I couldn''t do them very well at all) long range shooting seems to be a lot more accurate, which is good in one way but at lower difficulty at least means shooting from range is going to get you goals (either going straight in, or from the GK dropping the ball....).

I really don''t know why so many people dislike PES so much, its not trying to be Fifa, which is what I think some people expect. Its a different style of game and it should be treated differently. I''m not anti-fifa at all, I quite enjoy playing Fifa with friends but single player I can''t rate it as highly as PES, online I would guess Fifa wins as well, although i''ve never played it online....[/quote]Main reason i don''t like the new PES! It''s unfortunate, i don''t think i can really say the basic game engine of PES is crap because its quite enjoyable (if a bit arcade-like). But playing the demo, the goalkeepers ruined the game for me. On fifa, if i shoot a curled effort into the chest of the goalkeeper he holds it. For some reason on PES, they palm it away. It makes the game too easy (i think this was on Reg difficulty too). On one occasion i shot across the floor straight at the GK, who subsequently pretty much sat down and then saved it with his feet.

''FIFA is for people who are easily pleased. FIFA is for people who play the game on the easiest difficulty setting, just so they win every game 6-0''

I guess you haven''t played on World Class Or Legendary then, the AI (Alien Intelligence for those that don''t know) is very good when it comes to defending, I have restarted my career mode as I am bringing my VP into it and then gonig to sell him when im a bit in for some cash :)