Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

The Canary Trust

There has been a growing unease with the general malaise at the club for some. This really shifted up a few gears in the past few weeks

What have we heard from the Trust about the continual decline in the fortunes of the club over the past few seasons? Not a word.

If they are there to represent the interests of the fans what a dreadful job they are doing.

Full of Delia apologists and self important nobodies that is the issue

Time for them to speak up about the worrying situation or disband

If you want to influence this organisation you can pay to join it and make your views known, posting on this message board won''t change anything.
If you don''t like R Sainty vote against him.
BTW I''m not a member but I don''t have a problem with them so I don''t want to join and change things.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]If you want to influence this organisation you can pay to join it and make your views known, posting on this message board won''t change anything.[/quote]It''s a bit like saying Squitty "If you weren''t at the game yesterday you shouldn''t comment on it".
This message board would be extremely quiet...

[quote user="lappinitup"]
[quote user="A Load of Squit"]If you want to influence this organisation you can pay to join it and make your views known, posting on this message board won''t change anything.[/quote]It''s a bit like saying Squitty "If you weren''t at the game yesterday you shouldn''t comment on it".
This message board would be extremely quiet...
[/quote]
There''s nothing wrong with being able to comment but you have the ability to have your voice heard but don''t want to do anything about it. Sniping from the sidelines won''t change anything.
The Canary Trust must reflect the views of its members, you can become a member.

There are 3 fundamental problems with the set up of the trust Lapps

1) it is highly elitist and doesn''t give the majority of fans a true voice

2) it isn''t independent, it is like a soviet era Delia love in party

3) And the killer is that it is badly led by that Sainty fella who has clear difficulty communicating with the fans. He has social media accounts that he locks down so he doesn''t have to communicate.

Perhaps, if you really wanted someone to engage with you, it might be better to, firstly, get the name correct and, more importantly, don’t start by suggesting that they’re doing a dreadful job, a bunch of apologists and self important nobodies.

The good news for you, King Charles, as a voluntary group that’s always on the lookout for a wide selection of individuals from across the fan base, if you feel you could offer some balance to make up for your perceived list of their shortcomings, I’m sure you’d be more than welcomed.

[quote user="GMF"]Perhaps, if you really wanted someone to engage with you, it might be better to, firstly, get the name correct and, more importantly, don’t start by suggesting that they’re doing a dreadful job, a bunch of apologists and self important nobodies.

The good news for you, King Charles, as a voluntary group that’s always on the lookout for a wide selection of individuals from across the fan base, if you feel you could offer some balance to make up for your perceived list of their shortcomings, I’m sure you’d be more than welcomed.[/quote]

Yawn 2/10

I don’t think the Trust would ever fit the purpose of what you’re after Charlie.

I think what you’re after is a protest group; somewhere you can, as a collective, stamp your feet and “demand” that something changes or that blood is let.

Maybe you’ve identified a niche in the market? Set one up and I’m sure you’ll be inundated with offers of help and support.

What is the purpose of the trust it it isn''t to give the and a voice

In the gunn club after the game yesterday there was a clear emotion I didn''t see the trust engaging with hundreds of fans who are committed to the club

Match day you would think would be a perfect opportunity for them to be active.

I see one trust board member sitting in there match day not engaging

I then see the lovely Diane come sweeping in talking to everyone she knows and engaging for the fansforum. Why don''t the trust do likewise?

I wouldn''t join the trust self serving elitist organisations aren''t for me

[quote user="King Charles "]One thing I forgot to mention was that at least the NCISA was inclusive both for members and non members[/quote]
So why did NCISA disappear off the face of the earth without so much as a whimper?

The perfect opportunity to engage and that’s all you could come up with?

[quote user="King Charles "]What is the purpose of the trust it it isn''t to give the and a voice

In the gunn club after the game yesterday there was a clear emotion I didn''t see the trust engaging with hundreds of fans who are committed to the club

I then see the lovely Diane come sweeping in talking to everyone she knows and engaging for the fansforum. Why don''t the trust do likewise?

I wouldn''t join the trust self serving elitist organisations aren''t for me[/quote]
You''re prepared to pay to join the Gunn Club but not the trust, perhaps they should serve scampi at thier meetings.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="King Charles "]One thing I forgot to mention was that at least the NCISA was inclusive both for members and non members[/quote]
So why did NCISA disappear off the face of the earth without so much as a whimper?
[/quote]

Best for sainty to answer that one as I believe he was chairman when it wound down in 2012

It''s a fair challenge squit but I haven''t seen the trust dealing with the scampi 🍤 situation even though it has been discussed on here many times before.

Yet another stick for me to beat them with

[quote user="GMF"]The perfect opportunity to engage and that’s all you could come up with?[/quote]

You are the classic example of why the Canary Trust doesn''t work I am afraid

The trust could learn from the fans forum which brought the fans and the board together. It was a brilliant night well organised and attended

What similar activity do the trust do?

How many of the 25000 regular fans at Carrow Road attend their agm and what percentage of the total would that be. I suspect this prove the elitist point

[quote user="King Charles "]What is the purpose of the trust it it isn''t to give the and a voice

I wouldn''t join the trust self serving elitist organisations aren''t for me[/quote]
 I''m not a member of the Gunn club & was definitely not in there yesterday, was over at Carrow Park watching the csf kids  play.
Think you''re getting mixed up with the Stevenage cup night game when it was free entry, two of us volunteers did use that opportunity to put some of our fliers re the fans forum on tables & chat to fans, you were enjoying your scampi [:)]

Thanks for clarifying, Diane.

King Charles does certainly seems somewhat confused. The social club is non political in the sense of the football club, doing an excellent job raising monies for the CSF.

That’s not what the Trust is about, as I suspect, his kingship knows.

Engagement means different things to different people, I get that. With such a wide and diverse fan base, any organisation, the Trust included, isn’t ever going to please all the people all the time.

Just bumped this thread as the trust had a meeting with nepotism Tom on the 30th August

I clearly have been very unfair with them about not tackling the issues the fans are concerned about.

Main issues raised were

1) free sanitary products for woman at the ground

2) creating a food bank

We are in safe hands with the Canary Trust

As a wise man once said you couldn''t make this stuff up

Free sanitary products for a lot of male fans wouldn''t be a bad idea. And I''d have thought you''d be happy with the idea of a food bank.

[quote user="Herman"]Free sanitary products for a lot of male fans wouldn''t be a bad idea. And I''d have thought you''d be happy with the idea of a food bank.[/quote]

Look I agree it''s sexist nonsense why don''t men get free incontinence pants as well

Am also ok using the food bank just not entirely convinced Hermy that these would make the top 3 things that fans would want to talk to nepotism Tom about

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Do the residents of the city stand get free pile cream ?[/quote]

Exactly Frank and for me I find the toilet paper at carra Rud quiet rough on my bulbous @rse why can''t we have moist loo roll

That unfortunate medical problem maybe why some want all standing areas.
Personally I think the club could do no better than to pick up all those rubber rings that get thrown about by the lower orders at end of season games
....I''m sure they would be most welcome in the Main Stand