Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Looks like we're one of the naughty ones!

I doubt this is anything nefarious. I would imagine it is more likely to be incompetence on the part of whoever operates the website and/or a limitation of the website to remove advertising from certain pages.

"All of the clubs have gambling firms as their shirt sponsors".

Bit of a coincidence that they all happen to be incompetent wouldn''t you say Ian?

Yet another example of the stowmarket 2 dragging the good name of our club into the dirt and we are supposed to be a family club

I have never ever been so outraged.

Why haven''t the Canary Trust taken this up with nepotism Tom rather than sanitary Sainty''s obsession with tampax

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]"All of the clubs have gambling firms as their shirt sponsors".

Bit of a coincidence that they all happen to be incompetent wouldn''t you say Ian?[/quote]
The website is operated by EFL Digital on behalf of the Club, the ads displayed around the content probably exist on every page, looks like EFL digital are going to be busy working out how to stop them.

Well clearly, if all the clubs have gambling sponsors it would imply that whoever manages the sites on behalf of all the clubs doesn''t have the competence to either consider or implement the removal of such ads on the youth pages.

My point was that I don''t think the website owners would deliberately target underage people.

It''s all to do with the lack of joined up thinking between too many different companies - the EFL, the club, the website creators, the advertisers themselves - and the result will probably be - as with many things that happen these days - that it will be difficult to do anything about it - the club might contact the efl - the elf will say the contracts are binding to show the adverts - the law will say there is nothing wrong with it - and no-one will take the responsibility to do anything about it. Who will get the flack? The club. Who should get the flack? The numpties who should have taken into account their responsibilities to societal issues when signing advertising contracts at the efl.

I''m sure there''s an innocent explanation......a slight misunderstanding.......Nothing to see around here......move along now.....

In all seriousness, I do think it is getting out of hand.

Watching live football can be unbearable at times with the sheer number of betting ads shoved in your face. It''s made even worse by the fact I have to pay obscene fees to even watch the games in the first place.

I enjoy having the occasional bet as a bit of fun, but the relentless torrent of ''bet now!'' adverts is worrying considering the number of kids who watch the sport.

Sky dipping out of a live game seconds before kick off so they can squeeze one more betting ad (usually Jeff Stelling shouting some nonsense) before they cram in a whole lot more at half time fucks me off no end.

I wouldn''t be surprised if the whole programme has those subliminal images flickering on and off throughout with a "...when the fun stops carry on anyway" message.

If people want to bet then great. But the intensity and frequency of the ads seems complete overkill when the betting companies are already dominating the game and are probably as wealthy as they''ll ever be.

What''s that? About 15% of clubs with links or sponsorship with gambling companies?

That is a big percentage. Kind of tells you where the money is. Of course it is gambling trying be community spirited just like the National Lottery.

Not one of the greatest issues facing the world at the moment.

Just wait until they allow an advertising induced stoppage in play to squeeze in just a few more ads during the game.... :-)