Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

The Mighty Zimm

I said in another thread and have thought for ages that Zim > Hanley.

I am a season ticket holder but was a bit confused as to why Hanley got all of the plaudits. I feel it more that he started when our form rose rather than it all being down to him being stand out.

I think that in reality we have 3 very equal and solid centre backs in Zim , Tim & Hanley.

Although he played against Preston, it was at right back when he came on, but he is a terrific player.  He is strong and in fantastic physical condition, has a good technique, can pass and is good in the air - and we have all seen the desire he shows on the pitch.  Very good player and will always be in contention to be in the team.   One of the issues is who plays alongside him at right back and in Aarons it looks as if we have the right player.  I would like to see Zimm there every week.

I’ve always rated the guy very highly. As a character he’s a refreshing change from many of the big ego characters that swamp the modern game.

When you consider the standard from which he came as well I think he’s been outstanding on the whole. Sure he has a mistake in him,who doesn’t, but when he makes a mistake you can see it hurts him and you can visibly see the guy is desperate to improve and take his chance.

Top bloke, top player, and destined to become a big player for us long term I think. An honorary Norfolk boy in the making.

I think he made one or two mistakes last season which lost him his place to Hanley, but I think he''s the better player.

Hanley''s always going to be more of a fan''s favourite though; old-fashioned, big hairy chested no-nonsense defender appearance compared to Christoph''s quieter, almost intellectual mien.

He certainly impressed Wenger, which must tell you something.

The guy is clearly a limited footballer technically - but he is never not giving 100%. His physicality is also much needed when partnering Klose. He is also a fantastic leader to boot and still young.

He definitely has enough about him to make Hanley''s spot his own

He did make some awful passes yesterday which a better opposition on the day might have developed.

He is big and ugly and what you expect from a CB but I am yet to be convinced he does more for the team than Hanley.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]He did make some awful passes yesterday which a better opposition on the day might have developed.

He is big and ugly and what you expect from a CB but I am yet to be convinced he does more for the team than Hanley.[/quote]
Sounds more like Hanley than Zimmermann...

Sounds more like Hanley than Zimmermann...

I think Hanley is more likely to launch it forward than pass. And that surprised me about Boro. They launched it forward so much and it was obvious they weren''t getting any joy.

Howson''s shot cam from a launch and I was surprised about how they went on about it. Unless he had hit across Krul, he was never going to score.

I''ve never been a huge fan of him, think he gets a lot of praise because he seems like a nice guy. Glad he played well yesterday but he''s certainly not better than Hanley.

Grew into the game yesterday after a few shakey 1st half moments. Hanley needs to get himself fit again as to me he seems to have put on a bit of timber this season and hasn''t played as well since being made skipper. We''re fortunate to have 3 very good CHs.

Big fan of Zimbo. Certain players gel with each other, and Hanley, Marshall etc may well find it very difficult to get back into the starting 11 if Zimmermann and Aarons keep up their good work. Our goals against has coincidentally improved, Krul looks to be getting back to the keeper everyone knows he can be, Leitner is doing a Vrancic and really finding his feet, and I could go on. I am quietly confident that those that have stuck by Farke will be rewarded. Btw I still think both McClean and Vrancic will have important parts to play this season, and still think we have a very underrated squad of players there, though not by myself. A win away at Reading in midweek and we won’t be far off the top 6. This season really could go any way!