Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Jon Walters

Sorry for Walters, always rated him. They way its going for the Binner''s at the moment you get the feeling that this is their year for the drop. It''s been coming for a long while and if it wasn''t for Mick they''d have gone long ago.

You have to feel for them when their marquee 35-yr-old loanee is now apparently crocked for months

Not too sure if he was a marquee (big tent) but he was certainly brought in on the cheap.
A deal not of Hurst''s making I would suspect, as whatever few coppers he cost only a complete fool would have thought a 35 year old with a recent dodgy injury ''habit'' would last the season out. But it again comes down to ME trousering the money and leaving little funds for serious investment.
It maybe that Hurst will be able to tun the squad round, and rebuild - but if their poor form continues it will become more a case of having to do whatever it akes to stay out of the relegation struggle. And even if Hurst can find some coins down the back of the sofa it will be after half the season has gone before anything can be down.
And if they survive and stay up it will not distract from the fun to be had at this end of the A140 as poorman road empties out and binners recognise that their best hope for the season is that they face their 18th season in a row in the Championship.
Perhaps in 30 years time they will see this as their glorious history - when compared to where they are then !

[quote user="ricardo"]Sorry for Walters, always rated him. They way its going for the Binner''s at the moment you get the feeling that this is their year for the drop. It''s been coming for a long while and if it wasn''t for Mick they''d have gone long ago.
[/quote]
Having a quick skim through their results, it''s hard to see who they can actually beat. I get the feeling a team in form could steamroller them.
They drew at home against us, Villa, Blackburn, Bolton and Brentford and lost away to Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Derby and Hull.
When you think they''ve still got Leeds, Middlesboro, West Brom, Stoke, Swansea and Sheff United to go, doesn''t bode well for them.

They wouldn''t have drawn a bead of sweat from our defence in the derby if not for him. I''d be a very worried little blue tractor right now, if my upbringing hadn''t been as good.