Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Come on, I know they're Ipswich but they're not this dim...surely?

unfortunately it i not an option we have
there''s around £32m less in the budet due to the ending of parachute payments - yet we still have some players on contracts that were drawn up under PL money
Lewis certainly suggests we can find decent youth replacements with the new budget, as I believe Mathews will
similarly with players such as Trybull, Vrancic and Zimmerman
and oddly enough when Maddison wwas signed there was endless whinng on here, just as there has been all season about Josh
and I doubt those same whiners will not find some other player(s) to blame
for me I value seeing players who look like they want to play, don''t seem to think they deserve ''better'' and often only commit themselves to that level.
we''ve some great youngsters coming through, and mindset which suggests that will continue
roll on august

[quote user="king canary"]I can''t recall endless whining about us signing Maddison...[/quote]
Neither can i.

If ever there was proof that porting the old threads to the new site is worth it....

"Norwich are in big trouble, no more parachute payments, selling their best assets and with a Manager that is not used to picking up quality players from our Leagues.

I hope that our new manager has the knack of filling in the cracks that we require, a win over The Canaries is far overdue."

They continue to illustrate their dimness on a daily basis.

In reality it''s more just a need to turn wishful thinking into fact.

"Big trouble" that includes a debt-free club, assets on the playing side that they could only dream of, advanced season ticket sales nearly double their own, neat tidy ground owned by the club, Category A status and such a very promising array of youth that it''s impossible to keep track. I could go on.

Mind you they have plenty to feed their fantasies with after reading some of the doom and gloom merchants on this forum. Some of these clearly from their own supports masquerading as City fans and some of our own flagellants afflicted with the Michael Bailey syndrome.

Perhaps the latter could do well to dwell on the above positives for a change. We all know the score re: our financial situation, and we seem to get it thrust down our throats on a daily basis, but the reality is that from a footballing point of view we can rightfully dwell on the positives which already include two seemingly very decent new boys next season in Kenny McClean and young Bonadia and indications that attempts are being made to greatly improve our striking options, our Achilles Heel last season imo. I could go on.

I firmly believe that next season could go either way with regards our success in the league. Who can predict otherwise?

The many miles of column inches devoted to the current problems with business/financial side of the club would pale into insignificance when compared with those that would be needed to address the plight of many other clubs around us, and very much including the institutional nightmare that is ITFC.

Suffice to say that with strategies afoot and with the appropriate medicine being administered the worst we can expect is a period of financial restraint and not the meltdown that those south of the border dream about.

I, for one, intend donning yellow and green spectacles with pride unless events prove me otherwise.

Sackcloth and ashes ''aint for me. It cannot be very enjoyable supporting a football club when laden with such doom and by dwelling upon negativity. It is supposed to be a fun activity after all.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]If ever there was proof that porting the old threads to the new site is worth it....[/quote]
Quite, although one always has to have a quick look back, to if one said anything even more stupid[:$] than normal. In this case, far from "endless whining", even Jim Smith, bless him, was totally positive, without a miserabilist caveat in sight...[:D]

Well done for finding a link to the time Maddison was signed - which doesn''t cover the rest of the time, and when he was at Aberdeen.
There was whining that we had spent money on a player who was not playing for us.
If you want to imagine that whining did not happen then good luck.
It is free speech, or not as some on here would have it.

[quote user="Mr Benn"]
Well done for finding a link to the time Maddison was signed - which doesn''t cover the rest of the time, and when he was at Aberdeen.
There was whining that we had spent money on a player who was not playing for us.
[/quote]
Possibly because what you posted was specifically:"When Maddison was signed there was endless whinng on here."

Lolz.

Also if you can dig up some of this endless whining even from his time at Aberdeen I''d love to see it.

I suppose it depends on how you define endless...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mr Benn"]
[/quote]
Possibly because what you posted was specifically:"When Maddison was signed there was endless whinng on here."
[/quote]
Surely you should be able to interpret thos words as you see fit Purple, as you do elsewhere ?
Or is this different ?

Amazing.

Apparently thinking ''when he was signed'' means ''when he was signed'' is misinterpretation.

It is ok to admit you''re wrong sometimes you know.

Umpteen folk on here were endlessly complaining AFTER we signed Maddison that we should have spent the money on a player who would help us avoid relegation.
Umpteen folk endlessly complained when Maddison was sent out on loan to Aberdeen.
His signing proved correct, just as did the loan.
cue Purple claiming that the above means I disagreed with the signing and believe he should have stayed at Aberdeen

Favourite moment from the Maddison thread is Morty chirping on about the fantastic job the board did that transfer window. The words “Naismith” and “Jarvis” spring to mind. Is he still doing his Hitler thing on that empty forum?

Show us one of those posts then.

The thread you linked to is when Aberdeen wanted to extend his loan and people saying they wanted him back playing for us as they thought he would be an improvement on our team.

Just another thread where any poster can use any single post to justify while others use the same thing to deny.

There are no binners on this site. Just some who put themselves in other peoples shoes.

If I were a binner and remotely interested in us, I would be crowing over finishing above us and pointing out we are going to have to sell our best players to just balance the books.

As for Maddison, we will never know whether the loan to Aberdeen worked for or against us. Personally I think it is a shame he wasn''t here during the first season after relegation. But It happened, he is a top player and hopefully we will cash in on him.

"There are no binners on this site. Just some who put themselves in other peoples shoes."

Are there not? News to me particularly as I know of one dating back a few years to the now defunct, but charming, site run by CA a few years back. Still posts on here.

"If I were a binner and remotely interested in us, I would be crowing over finishing above us and pointing out we are going to have to sell our best players to just balance the books."

Of course they are "crowing" at our relative decline .... stating the obvious day I note.

The point made really concerned the misinformation that they base this crowing upon. It is gloating based upon wishful thinking which is exaggerated to the point of make believe and fed by some of the doom and gloom on this forum.

Do you consider our club to be in "big" trouble then?

Do you agree that we have a "manager that is not used to picking up quality players from our (sic) leagues," bearing in mind we have a Director of Football overseeing transfers and who just last season managed to enlist the likes of Hanley, Gunn and Reed?

Perhaps not, but seemingly bending over backwards to justify attacks against our club doesn''t go down particularly well with me.

[quote user="King Keano"]I guess you’re fortunate that the firesale stops at Maddison as there really is little else left now is there?

In all honesty, can you imagine next season without Maddison?[/quote]

Can you ever imagine a crowd at home again?

10 years no defeats

Perhaps not, but seemingly bending over backwards to justify attacks against our club doesn''t go down particularly well with me.

Do you really believe that? Attacks? Words on a forum in reality.

I don''t see how understanding what their supporters, having had to accept years of our superiority over them, believe is a good time to have a crack at us is anything other than funny but hardly sinister.

They are 40+ miles away in a different county and our rivalry is nothing more than a desire to copy other clubs who have genuine derbies.

Even in the old days there was never much trouble to get excited about and to build up this rivalry with thoughts of hatred yet berate those who think it is a bit of a joke is frankly pathetic.

Having just managed to unravel the incoherence of all that I would suggest that you get your dictionary to confirm that the definition of the word "attack" includes "to criticise and oppose fiercely and publicly."

I take it though that your continued defence of the posting in question means that you agree with the the statements that our club is in "big trouble" (as opposed to having a debt of some £90m that is) and "not used to picking up quality players from our leagues."

In truth the posting in question was rather benign in comparison with most of the anti-City bilge on TWTD but, as I stated, any amount of gloating is acceptable but fictitious denigration needs pointing out.

Your own statement that the ''old farm'' rivalry is "nothing more than a desire to copy other clubs who have genuine derbies" is just plain stupid and belies all common acceptance within the game, along with over seventy years of competition, some healthy, some less so, for superiority between the two respective sets of supporters.

No doubt there are countless stories within this forum that would contradict your rather strange views on the matter. None of them "pathetic."

Incidentally, please point out to me just one instance where I personally have used the word "hate" when discussing ITFC or it''s fanbase.

Just because I picked you up on some two faced posts some time ago Broadstairs you have since continued to have a pop at some of mine.

Fair enough and you obviously bear a grudge, something I do not. I am quite happy to agree/disagree with you on posts but from now on I will avoid you.

And as Forrest Gump said, That''s about all I got to say bout that.

Just picked up on all that.

Perhaps, like the supporters of ''that'' club you are fantasising as well because I honestly do not have a clue what you are on about. Honestly.

I rarely get into spats on here, although sometimes it is difficult not too over the years and have done. I never really bother to remember for long with whom they were though.

As for bearing a grudge, Jesus H, it''s just a football forum after all.

I picked you up on your postings because I disagreed with what you initially had to say; and then your subsequent defence of this. Nothing more, nothing less.