Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Home games

I noticed after Tuesday a few people said that the atmosphere was very flat, which indeed it was.

Maybe, someone within the Club could help improve the atmosphere by going back to the tradition of a rendition of “On the ball City” instead of that stupid Parklife song when the team comes out!

Maybe that would help improve the atmosphere a bit

When you go to the cinema your admission fee entitles you only to see the film. Whether you are entertained or not is your subjective opinion and is nothing to do with your admission. The same is true for football. If you are consistently left feeling it was not value for money you have the freedom to not go again.

It''s only a couple of months until the first deadline for season ticket renewal time......My, hasn''t it gone quick?......

I disagree with the cinema analogy. A film is a constant, it doesn’t change from week to week. You know before you go if you will like it or not.

It’s more like going to the theatre. You know the general gist of what will happen, but it’s variable. The show may be perfect, or the lead character may forget his line repeatedly, ruining the show.

Unless you have seen the film before how do you know you will be sure of enjoying it? Friends may have seen it and tell you it''s good but that'' their opinion not yours. However I do think your theatre analogy is probably a better one.

Who in their right mind would buy a season ticket to go to the theatre every other week regardless of what''s on. How on earth is that a good analogy...

[quote user="Baldyboy"]I noticed after Tuesday a few people said that the atmosphere was very flat, which indeed it was.

Maybe, someone within the Club could help improve the atmosphere by going back to the tradition of a rendition of “On the ball City” instead of that stupid Parklife song when the team comes out!

Maybe that would help improve the atmosphere a bit[/quote]OTBC is still sung just before kick off and start of second half rather half heartedly I might add. Must admit I couldn''t be arsed this week as I kind of knew what ''entertainment'' I was about to be served up. Not for many a season have I felt this apathetic about going to the football.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]When you go to the cinema your admission fee entitles you only to see the film. Whether you are entertained or not is your subjective opinion and is nothing to do with your admission. The same is true for football. If you are consistently left feeling it was not value for money you have the freedom to not go again.[/quote]

CR is rather like the old silent films at the moment. Perhaps we could have someone with an organ behind the goal to play dramatic music ''when'' we attack, would add to the atmosphere wonderfully.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"][quote user="Baldyboy"]I noticed after Tuesday a few people said that the atmosphere was very flat, which indeed it was.

Maybe that would help improve the atmosphere a bit[/quote]OTBC is still sung just before kick off and start of second half rather half heartedly I might add. Must admit I couldn''t be arsed this week as I kind of knew what ''entertainment'' I was about to be served up. Not for many a season have I felt this apathetic about going to the football.[/quote]

Not by a fan on the pitch pre match it isn’t!

Many cinemas do have a monthly fee option where you can pay and watch as many films as you like. I personally wouldn’t compare the experience to the football though

There isn''t really any great analogies as football is pretty unique. Following a sports team is, by any sensible definition, irrational. I believe, however, this is what makes it so great.

Trying to think about it too logically or rationally takes most of the fun out of it for me.