Sign in to follow this  
Molly Windley

What do we do with Josh?

Josh really seems a different player now that his brother has gone.

He seems to have lost focus getting caught out waiting for the ball to come to him. It''s as if he''s not really fully there. Particularly in the last two home games.

He definitely is not worth a starting place at the moment. Maybe people are right and he could do with coming on as an impact player. He has the ability to score goals and create them.

I''d like to see him running being played as an out and out winger. None of this he''s no good at defending. We already know that. Huckerby was no good at defending. Fuel fox was no good at defending.

Why don''t we have fullback doing some defending. That way when our slow attacks breakdown near the half way line Pinto and who ever is the other fullback can do some defending. The way we play at the moment Pinto and Stiepermann are so busy overlapping deep into the other half of the pitch that they are constantly out of position when the opposition break forward.

Anyhow that''s a bit of a rabble but Josh should be on the bench.

[quote user="Van wink"]Always supported him but to be honest if we could get a decent fee he might benefit from getting away and we need the money to help fund another striker.[/quote]
I''m with you Vanwink, always supported him too tbh and will continue to do so but if we get offered a decent price in January then I think we should take it and get a striker which we badly need

Dean Coney’s Boots,

I believe that may be the best post you’ve ever written.

Ironically I believe he may now be facing a spell on the bench, though the sentiments and assessment you made are entirely valid.

Parma

If of course he wishes to follow his brother’s path, and a suitable offer was forthcoming, and it was felt he was not the same here without his brother, then a sale - in our current circumstances - might be foreseen.

Given the parameters he will either be sold or will indeed form a fundamental part of the future. He has he weapons to succeed at a higher level.

Parma

what is it with our players cupping ears etc this year

hardy pulling up trees are they get on with your job and you will get the crowd singing your name and for Josh the big move he wants to be with his brother

Josh weak in defence can get occasional goal. Watkins can be relied upon to concede free kicks leading to opposition goals.

May be the time has come to give Wildshut an opportunity in the team ,

"What is it with our players cupping ears etc this year

hardy pulling up trees are they get on with your job and you will get the crowd singing your name and for Josh the big move he wants to be with his brother."

Agree. They seem to be a very average bunch, overpaid and with a lot of attitude. Mid table in the Chumps lot.

Get rid!

Play him with the central striker in a 4 1 3 2 system, see what he can do. Then it won`t matter that he can`t defend, bags of pace and good with both feet, cannot do much worse than what we are watching up front at the moment. If we`re not going to invest in another striker in Jan then maybe we have to start looking outside the box !!

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]JM is too weak and lightweight to play down the middle and is woeful with his back to goal.[/quote]Maybe, but when he''s pointing in the right direction he''s a damn sight more effective than any of our ''strikers'' have been this season.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]JM is too weak and lightweight to play down the middle and is woeful with his back to goal.[/quote]Maybe, but when he''s pointing in the right direction he''s a damn sight more effective than any of our ''strikers'' have been this season.[/quote]Indeed he is. Josh seems far better when he has space to run into where he can use his pace. I''ve noticed this season that when our build up is slow and tedious as it often is, Josh takes the ball with his back to goal where he is expected to shield it. So far he has failed to do this and is easily out-muscled by defenders. I don''t see how moving him to the middle will make any difference unless we adopt a more direct style and Josh runs the channels, but it requires Farke to change our style of play which he seems reluctant to do.

Josh wasn''t anywhere near the team while his brother was here so he''s clearly doing more now.

I think we have to be realistic and patient with him. He does have the raw ability to be an outstanding player at this level and if we can sort the balance of the team out, he''ll be a hell of an asset. I''m hopeful that bringing in Lewis behind him might help him out a bit down that left hand side and potentially having the athletic Godfrey left centre to do the dirty work for him, Madders and Pritchard.

Maybe the one good thing about us being stuck in mid table is that finally the pressure won''t be on as much and we can afford/ have no option but to show a bit of patience to the likes of Murphy. If we''re going to have a tough couple of seasons, i''d rather we had them with some young, exciting and hungry players and we''re building something special in the long run rather than just cycling through a bunch of washed up, overpaid pros that just aren''t quite good enough.