Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Huddersfield announce season ticket prices, when do we ours?

Frozen is the bare minimum. There is simply nothing to justify an increase. On the flip side a decrease is never going to happen.

As already pointed out it’s now getting dangerously close to being cheaper to buy casual tickets - it only takes a few Brentford style offers and missing the odd game to be cheaper already

Nothing to justify an increase unless we’re expecting more from the club.

We seem to be bleating about being poor while caning the club for our ticket prices. We want to be competitive but want someone else to pay for it. Bloody lefties....

Delia isn''t poor, she made sure she got back the last 1.5 million owed to her by the business she controls before the start of the season, now wants the fans to make up the loss from her god awful mistakes

Not really sure about the Delia and not being poor thing. Her loans were repaid at the insistence of those running the club, not at the demand of the majority shareholders themselves.

Irrespective of that, it seems that them being repaid has caused some discontent.

It appears that now our owners aren’t poor. Yet on countless threads they’re bemoaned for not being rich enough to cope with “modern football”. In addition, we now have claims that they are punishing fans for their mistakes...

Yet, their wealth is apparently too limited.

So do we wish, as fans, to pay more to assist the club become the apparent powerhouse we feel it should be and retain Delia (not poor) wealth as a slush fund should we need an additional push/bailing out?

Or should we demand cheaper tickets, reducing turnover and then expect her to make up the shortfall in interest free loans leaving us with a back up reservoir of feck all?

I concur that neither seems articulately satisfactory but in the interest of maintaining the long term existence of the club it does seem like we’re all going to have to stump up - albeit far, far less than those at the top.

And finally....

I can’t take anyone seriously that truly believes that Delia runs the club and that the publicised failures lie at her door alone.

She (and Michael) pay people handsomely to run the club. Deciding that all mistakes are their fault is akin to blaming Tim Martin for getting a crap pint in The Bell or Ray Kroc for your hamburger being cold when you popped in the Boundary Road McDonalds.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]

I''m fed up with the myth that all old people are poor, far from it, most elderly people are sitting on a nice sized property with their triple lock pension that is raising far higher than inflation, not to mention how many have private, armed forces or civil service pensions, winter fuel allowance etc while younger generations support these pensions, it all costs money to the current working man [/quote]I think you''ll find that the vast majority of "old people" worked hard, bought their property, paid into the state pension and paid into Company or private schemes, all their working lives.They have lived through several periods of mass unemployment, inflation rates of 20% plus and interest rates as high as 15%.They are not reliant on "younger generations to support these pensions".It is our money.BTW, you forgot to mention the free TV Licence fee and free subscriptions [;)]

Making Plans wrote the following post at 06/01/2018 5:46 AM

They are not reliant on "younger generations to support these pensions".

It is our money.

So do you believe that your payments were put in a pot with your name it, and you draw your entitlements from it?

Current state pension, and payments mentioned above are paid for from current tax payers payments. This is not necessarily limited to a younger generation though.

What difference would it make if there was competition. Unless you''re just a glory hunter you stick with the Club that you''ve grown up supporting.

If there was another Club 20 miles down the road how many supporters would switch their allegiance just to save a few quid?

Think you are being naive to think that if there had been another team closer that people wouldn''t have chosen their allegiance based on success.

We always thought that Norfolk was out on a limb and that was why we couldn''t attract players. Now money has put paid to that. And I daresay the improvement in facilities such as restaurants, cafes bars etc in the City.

Now it is a slight blessing as the nearest competition is Ipswich,

If Ipswich had been 20 miles nearer, I''m sure the success in the 70/80''s would have turned many a head.

So the club can charge more, and I don''t believe the prices are unreasonable, because there has been a waiting list.

Football don''t come cheap.......Those devout, real an'' true fans don''t ever whinge or complain about the cost of ''being there''.......Those devout disciples quite rightly shame those that dare criticise the club or complain about the costs of soccershootypassyheadykickyfussball.....

Those devout, real an'' true fans make the necessary sacrifices to fund their unwavering loyalty and devotion in supporting their community club.......No booze, no ciggies, no car, no pets, they don''t dress like hipsters, they put on an extra cardigan and turn down the thermostat, no holidays, no cinema, no trendy restaurants, no smart TV or Sky/BT....These loyal support survive on budget price food and bruised and over ripe fruit for their sustenance and survival......Because these fan folk are totally and truly committed - and just want to ''be there''.....

Maybe you tight-fisted whiners and whingers need to take a long hard look at yourselves when you complain and criticise our ''community club''......Football don''t come cheap.....

Read the times interview Duncan she calls the shots, she''s filled the board with her chums and relatives that wouldn''t dare go against her, if you want to go along and support where she''s taking the club you carry on it''s your choice.

I think you''ll find that the vast majority of "old people" worked hard, bought their property, paid into the state pension and paid into Company or private schemes, all their working lives.

They have lived through several periods of mass unemployment, inflation rates of 20% plus and interest rates as high as 15%.

They are not reliant on "younger generations to support these pensions".

It is our money.

BTW, you forgot to mention the free TV Licence fee and free subscriptions Wink [;)]

Correct in many ways but by your reasoning, someone who paid twice as much NI and Tax as you should get twice as much state pension.

DDD - "I''m fed up with the myth that all old people are poor, far from it, most

elderly people are sitting on a nice sized property with their triple

lock pension that is raising far higher than inflation, not to mention

how many have private, armed forces or civil service pensions, winter

fuel allowance etc while younger generations support these pensions, it

all costs money to the current working man"There are significant elements of truth in this:1. Pensions are funded from current taxation - there is no fund set aside, so pension funding makes it harder to increase spending elsewhere/ reduce taxation etc.2. Few people''s NI contribution cover the benefit that they obtain from their pension. NI rates of 12% are lower than the contributions for many of the old final salary pension schemes (when including employer contributions), and given that it covers NHS, unemployment, sickness and disability, maternity and unemployment as well, covers the financial benefit arising from state pensions in only a few cases - even at its very low levels.3. It should also be remembered that most of the older generation who proclaim their hard work enabled them to buy houses etc, benefited from MIRAS (and equivalents), where the interest of their mortgages received tax relief - I just missed out on this - not that I bitter or anything [:D]4. Like many on here of "a certain age," I received over 4 years full funding as well at maintenance grants at University - our children will have debts of £50,000+instead5. On the other hand, many of those who complain, particularly the young and lower paid, have probably contributed less in taxation that they have received. Their state education will have cost about £50,000 at current prices (more if they were sixth formers); their medical care as a child would also cost tens of thousands - they are "in debt" of thousands of pounds before they leave the maternity unit! [:D]

Today’s crowd should set alarm bells ringing at board level. £15 tickets against a top premier league team who are bringing 4,000 and crowd likely to be around 22,000 - 23,000. Means only around 18,000 Norwich fans turning up which is a big drop from our league crowds.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Read the times interview Duncan she calls the shots, she''s filled the board with her chums and relatives that wouldn''t dare go against her, if you want to go along and support where she''s taking the club you carry on it''s your choice.[/quote]

Mate, I’ve read it more than once.

I understand people’s frustrations and that people would like to see fresh impetus financially, but, I’m afraid the rest makes no sense to me.

Family members? Tom. Preparation for what might lie ahead, succession planning.

Chums? Makes no sense. She doesn’t need anyone if she calls the shots as you suggest. The only way it would make sense is if she doesn’t in fact call the shots but relies on the board democratically voting “with” her.

As for going along and supporting where she is taking the club - well.....

I suppose I will. I did when Chase took us to the brink, I did throughout the whole Hamilton debacle, Roeder, League One, Fulham away every bloody year....

What’s the alternative?

I can’t buy her out. According to that Times interview she wouldn’t sell anyway....so what’s the alternative?

Support someone else? Give up on the club? Write the last 35 years off as a mistake? Tell the kids I’ve brought up as Norwich fans that I was wrong all along?

Can’t do it mate. Guess that makes me whichever is the current label of choice; happy clapper, accepter of mediocrity, little old Norwich or whatever.

I’ll have to live with that. The real truth is that I wish I could still watch football like I did when I was a kid. It wasn’t that the Football was better as such, it’s just that it was all about watching my heroes and who owned the club or where the next quid was coming from never crossed my mind.

Duncan, there is an alternative - Man U fans fed up with the Glazers set up FC United. Perhaps some on here could consider that if they are so unhappy about current owners - or do as others have said they are doing - give up their tickets?Other than that they can pray for City going into administration as one has said s/he is doing.

Safe seat.......Stefan, Delia & Michael, Michael, Ed and Club Future Tom.....Oh, and our current Director of Footy......No objections M''lud......

No Politics, Religion, Nepotism or Cronyism involved......Just all the right people for the right job.....

Onwards and Upwards!

If he isn''t her chum how does a failed politician get a job as chairman of a football club? Not only that he''s already proved he''s incompetent with the Moxey, Neil contract debacle while dancing around on tv to gangnam style like the laughing stock he is

And at no point did I wish/pray for or any other way people want to twist what I said

I said "the sooner the club goes into administration the better"

Football is changing, it is a money business and Delia and nephew Tom will never be able to compete, our best players will be sold to balance books and crowds will drop fed up of paying the 8th highest ticket prices in the country for watching lower championship football as the club slips into the debt they patted themselves on the back for clearing, the longer this goes on the more damage will be done to the club.

So the sooner it happens the better, in my opinion

Come on, any football club in the country would love to have Ed Balls and Nephew Tom on their board. Their extensive expertise in the footballing world would have easily landed them the job, completely irrelevant to their connections to the owners. Next you will be saying that Steven Fry didn’t bring anything to the table and got the gig off the back of his name....

Sorry DDD - perhaps "pray" is the wrong word, but by saying that the sooner administration happens the better, it does rather sound like you are wishing for it.Football has changed but finance hasn''t. If you spend more than you earn you go into debt. Unless "investors" are prepared to accept a permanent leakage of money they will at some time wish to recover their losses. Some clubs benefit from benefactors - who give money without expectation of a return - these are much harder to find. They are much more likely to come from those with a strong attachment with the club (e.g Brentford) or region - but as we have seen with Colmans yesterday, many big busiesses don''t care a fig about the location where their production units are located.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]If he isn''t her chum how does a failed politician get a job as chairman of a football club? Not only that he''s already proved he''s incompetent with the Moxey, Neil contract debacle while dancing around on tv to gangnam style like the laughing stock he is[/quote]If you mean he ended up being defeated, you could apply that to a vast number of sucessful politicians, including Churchill and Thatcher. As has been said, all political lives end in failure. By your standard then Bowkett was a failed businessman because Redrow, the company of which he was chairman, was struggling a bit and he left in the wake of a rescue takeover.How do you know Balls wanted Moxey? Since Balls was almost certainly the driving force behing the switch to sporting director he may have argued for the change to be made when McNally resigned, but been outvoted. And the Neil contract "debacle" exists in your mind.

Ah right my old mans mate Tony said he was watching from the same pub as you, must have been mistaken.

Pain in the ass missing games through work, I''d normally book a days holiday but after the disappointing displays this season I''m not going to next year, unfortunately work has to come first and working odd hours is part of the reason I''m going to cancel and buy casual tickets, might even save a few quid as the club has started selling them cheaper than our loyal season ticket holders pay

Sorry, I meant I caught most of the game in the Murderers and I did see Tony at half time (gave him a token boo). Didn’t finish work until 5.20 so was never going to make it to the ground. Liam went and he enjoyed it; shame you’re ditching (considering) your ticket but it hacks me off when work gets in the way too. Have you thought about “pooling” with someone? That way you keep your ticket and then whenever you can’t go you know it’s in use and brings down the individual cost?

Did think about sharing with Lyndsey but the games I''ll miss will probably be us both missing because of other things, been keeping a eye around where I sit and how easy it would to get tickets and surprisingly there are plenty (at the moment, form and results could change that) so think I''d get one on my row 75% of games, should only be for a few seasons then might look at getting seats with a better view, bet he was in there in his 3 seasons ago Chelsea shirt looking like a plastic haha