Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Have Faith in Farke

Hey Everybody,

Sorry i haven''t been around too much - as im sure you can appreciate ive been busy with the club leading up to the window. That and moving house has left me with little spare time. We''re now nicely settled in Saxlingham Nethergate. I shall miss Dussingdale, but South Norfolk has a lot of charm and Saxlingham is the perfect choice.

I know some of you will be raising eye brows regarding Farke, but dont pluck them yet - this cat is a top class operator and my source within the club says the players and staff couldn''t be happier with how he''s running things.

Hope you''re all enjoying the international break as much as me. - gives a great contrast between domestic and world football. There are two more before Christmas - something to look forward to when the clocks go back and nights draw in.

Have a great weekend.

Best,

TG

Thanks Gritty. Totally agree about Farke, our best chance of success on a shoestring is implementing a sound footballing philosophy, and Dortmund are world leaders in that regard. Vorsprung Durch Technik and all that. Maybe time to upgrade the Qashqai to a nice Audi Q7 or similar?

And when you thought we''d hit rock bottom this pleb rolls back onto the Pink Un.

Well I have an open mind but it has not been a good start and it is a results business. He speaks well but so did peter grant and we know how that ended. The trouble for me is he is in his 40s and has no managerial track record whatsoever other than a year or so in German league 4. I like the sound of grant Handley but many of the other signings in the short term are in the range poor to bang average. If we are in or around the bottom 3 come Christmas I dint think he will survive so hopefully he can start getting some points on the board

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Thanks Gritty. Totally agree about Farke, our best chance of success on a shoestring is implementing a sound footballing philosophy, and Dortmund are world leaders in that regard. Vorsprung Durch Technik and all that. Maybe time to upgrade the Qashqai to a nice Audi Q7 or similar?[/quote]

There are a few fords to cross round Saxlngham Nethergate, maybe a Range Rover would be the best solution?

The water can get quite deep in winter.

Have faith but it seems to have little basis in reality at the moment.

We dominate possession in games and still get stuffed.

It''s like deja vu all over again. Remember NA and AN at least they had a period of great results.

Faith is one thing but results and the league table are another. Sooner or later Faith will run out if we carry on leaking goals like there''s no tomorrow.

I suspect it may take a few games for Hanley to get up to full fitness too - perhaps 5 games or so so the pressure may be large.

However I am prepared to give this squad time.

Thx TG, nice to see some positive after so much doom and gloom. I have tried to keep a balanced opinion on the last few months at the club, in my view its been completely just and needed and responsible in cutting the Carra cloth, same time ive bought into the new set up to and remain undetered about the future prospects of DF finding his feet and producing a team that get results, this, even after two thrashings. I was one that never harboured  any belief about us top 6 this season, never mind top two. Long as are out of bottom three come end season and seeing the team finding a style that gets points, them im with it, not one of these people who give it "5 more games", "10 more games", "until christmas" blah blah.Good to see Carlton Morris doing well in a side that sit only 5 places below us currently, also young Ragett at Lincoln and many of the other loan players doing ok, sits well for the future. So yes, i have the same faith in Farke as yourself, but...not sure about calling him a cat...i would not go that far myself.