Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Outsiders view of our accounts

Just had a look on TWTD and noticed they have a thread re our accounts. Below are a few comments by their fans who know how a football club should be run........"Bloody hell. That average salary figure has all the hallmarks of Bolton

just after they came down. Admittedly Norwich don''t seem to be carrying

the Trotters'' debt levels but to my untrained eye they could be looking

at a fire-sale or an embargo if they don''t go up this season. I wouldn''t

want that hanging over my football club"
"While I would guess Newcastle''s wage bill for last year was higher,

although I assume not officially reported as yet, I''m sure that''s all

bang on and pretty much as expected. Hence they spent the summer trying

to cut costs and will have a summer of trying to do more of the same -

rumours the academy won''t be Cat One any more have been circulating for a

little while - unless they go up"
"Even without parachute payments Norwich''s turnover will be a bit bigger

than ours - assuming their attendances don''t suffer a collapse - but

they don''t, as far as I''m aware, have a Marcus Evans to throw £6m into

the pot every year. However, as per a thread the other day,

it appears they are looking for outside investment, which could change

their outlook signficantly. Otherwise, their situation

going forward will be much like ours but without an owner in a position

to cover an annual shortfall"
"You know what will happen though, they will implode, get relegated,

stagnate for a bit, come back up, then fluke back into the Prem. All

while we sit between 9th and 15th in this league"
So there you have it, academy gone, players gone and transfer embargo. We can only hope this outside investment we seek comes off or it''s goodnight Irene. [;)]https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/417061/page:1

Dear simple farm handsWhilst it is understood that you are not the brightest I would have thought even you with your retarded suffolk ignorance might just have worked out that your wealthy neighbour''s accounts are up to 30th June 2017 (note that date).You might then ask, have your wealthy neighbours sold any players since that date ?If so they (Howson/Murphy) will have their fees recorded in the accounts AFTER these latest accounts.So in the wise wise of that other man of letters Samuel Johnson" up yours, thieving binners !Mr Rhubarb-Custard OBE, DCM, ITV

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 2017-11-01 9:51 PM:

Amazing we managed to continue to pay local suppliers such as taxi company''s, cleaners and police to name but a few !

At the moment!!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 2017-11-01 9:51 PM:

Amazing we managed to continue to pay local suppliers such as taxi company''s, cleaners and police to name but a few !

At the moment!![/quote]yep£32m in parachute payments, sales of Murphy and Howson plus ticket.corporate incomeI think we will manageand if Oliveira, Maddison and Prithchard want to move on I''m sure we will pick up around £20m at leasr for them

The most amusing bit is the bit about generous Marcus throwing 6million in the pot every year to keep them going, and how we could possibly cover that shortfall...
15k x £25 x 23 = 8.6 million
27k x £25 x 23 = 15.5 million
I''ve gone for £25 each but I suspect given the demand, our average ticket price will also be higher than theirs. Fag packet maths as it doesn''t take into account corporate etc, however, assuming both clubs charge the same (and chucking them some extra fans to round it up) we will make £6.9mill more from ticket sales.
Oh if only we could play in front of a half empty stadium and have a generous man like Marcus in charge, instead of this full stadium nonsense, then we could avoid the impending embargo etc.
Are they really that dumb or do they just pretend for our amusement...?

Season ticket sales of 20, 000+ against those of around half that. Own ground, Academy 1, massive assets in the playing staff, genuine sponsors etc. etc.

They only seem able to think in terms of their own pauper style existence.

Business accounts are traditionally difficult to comprehend once they have been through an accountant. I used to think my man was talking about a different year, such was my inability to assess his wavelength, but the binners'' appraisal seems to be on a different decade.

I have always held a certain admiration at the way they readily dismiss that debt of theirs and carry on regardless of the fact that eventually it will bite them in the bum.

Oliveira 8 mil

Pritchard 10 mil

Maddison 15 mil

Would hope for 40 mil for the 3 of them but anything less than 30 would be daylight robbery. We have a history of practically giving players away but I trust our current set up to get the best price they can for our star players should we fail to go up. If the three of them went for 20 million I''d be absolutely distraught, in the current market that would be crazy!

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Oliveira 8 mil

Pritchard 10 mil

Maddison 15 mil

Would hope for 40 mil for the 3 of them but anything less than 30 would be daylight robbery. We have a history of practically giving players away but I trust our current set up to get the best price they can for our star players should we fail to go up. If the three of them went for 20 million I''d be absolutely distraught, in the current market that would be crazy![/quote]No, that is just you making stuff upAs to the slow witted farm hands and their £6m annual ''hinvestment'' what hasn''t occurred to these idiots is why doesn''t that figure show up on their accounts.What does happen is that any transfer income is moved over to a central fund whereby others in the group can access it  (0% loans).When the paupers need a bail out it is from there that the money comes - which they stupidly believe is Marcus Evans ''hinvesting''

We have a history of practically giving players away

I don’t know where this has come from, Sutton, Reeves plus plenty of others went for good money. That’s without the really good money we got for Brad Johnson and Grabban

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]We have a history of practically giving players away

I don’t know where this has come from, Sutton, Reeves plus plenty of others went for good money. That’s without the really good money we got for Brad Johnson and Grabban[/quote]I agree Frank. Sutton''s fee was a British transfer record at the time, £6m for Bellamy, and let''s not forget Redmond. I''m afraid that''s a fail Horsey......

It''s the other side of dealing that has been our problem. We get decent money on disposals but have a catalogue of disasters on the acquisition side of things. A club of our size/wealth cannot afford to fritter millions on such as RVW, Naismith and so many others. Yes, there will always be successes and failures when bringing new players in but we have had a lot more Naismiths than we have Maddisons.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]It''s the other side of dealing that has been our problem. We get decent money on disposals but have a catalogue of disasters on the acquisition side of things. .[/quote]

Thats mainly thanks to Rab C N. as he is known to some fans.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Sky reported (before one of our televised games) that we had cut £9m off of wages due to the summer player movements.[/quote]If it is sky then that is more due to their fanciful imagination than fact ie just guesswork

I don''t think we''re any worse than other clubs at buying or selling. It''s easy just to pluck random examples of either to prove a point. I could just as easily ask if we paid overpaid for Grabban or undersold him. Same with Bradley Johnson.

The one that always rankled with me was Dion Dublin. We gave him away to Kings Lynn and then he scored goals for fun at Cambridge nearly getting them to the PL. Then Fergy paid 1m for him. But I think all clubs have these stories to tell. Wonder what Colchester fans thought of us buying Big Dunc for 12,000 quid.

OR Tottenham when we picked up Polston, Culverhouse and Bowen to make up one of our best defensive combinations ever.

Some you win. Some you lose.

Grant Holt = the biggest bargain ever in the history of NCFC?

RVW = costly mistake, but it happens.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]OR Tottenham when we picked up Polston, Culverhouse and Bowen to make up one of our best defensive combinations ever. [/quote]That Ian Crook chap weren''t too bad eitherKeelan... what a waste of money he was