Sign in to follow this  
Big Chief

Now go back for Mitchell

As hiss move to Birmingham seems to have fallen through, let''s use the Murphy windfall to bring back the Dutchman.

Overpriced springs to my mind in Dijks case.Seems to think that he''s better than he is, with apparently very high wage demands for a player who didn''t exactly standout whilst on loan as being a cut above this level tbh.We''ve already brought in Husband as clear 1st choice left back/left wing back, have Toffolo and Lewis who can both cover the position as well, so unless it''s a cut price deal with wage demands in line with the squad average, then he can do one IMHO.

Is it just me that thinks Dijks would be brilliant in a 3-5-2?

He has the strength of a CB with the mobility of a LB. Not many players got the better of him when he was here. Matt Ritchie was humiliated by him at Carrow Road.

I would love for us to sign him - maybe a season long loan again? - but its clear that its not the fee that is the issue, more his wages.

No, he''s clearly got high wage demands hence Brum not agreeing terms. Too much of a risk as we might not get promoted and will have to absorb those costs next season (and beyond)!

Don''t know about this one. We have Husband now and I get the impression he will be more than useful.

Complications seem to surround Diljks and his eventual move to Carrow Road was not without contradiction.

Ajax don''t seem too bothered about him. Is he a nuisance off the field or is he just, rightly, looking after his best interests?

Some of these Dutch players have a history of being difficult though.

I blame Bobby Robson for introducing them into the English game (and therefore giving the binners a false sense of entitlement.)

If I were a pigeon I would shite on his statue.

LB is no longer a priority

Cover / an alternative to Vrancic (as main mid ball player linking back to front) to partner reed, a back up right back, a further CB if we go three at the back and a third striker are all more important for me.

Unless we dont think Toffolo / Lewis will be good enough cover.

he had his chance to sign permanently when he first came then changed his mind at thelast minute then came on loan then looks like he messed about at Birmingham

No thanks had his chance if he wanted to be here he could have been