Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Bassong = Goals & Baffling changes

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]

Well as I said Nuff the cup is the cup and is a totally different prospect to the bread and butter league, so to draw any comparisons contradicts my arguments so must be wrong I think.....[/quote]Fixed that for you.Bassong had a decent game in a stand-out result for us against a successful Premier League team who clearly wanted to win, otherwise they would have dropped 10 of the first team like we did. It doesn''t mean he should be an automatic pick but stop digging the hole you''re in.[/quote]

What hole would that be in? The hole that says Bassong is abysmal and we lose when he plays in the league?

Or the hole your in stating that because he was part of the 2-0 cup win at Everton that we should forget all his appalling league efforts and play him every game because of one cup match, when we all know cup games are lotteries and most prem clubs don''t take serious.

You simply cannot pick one defender and state he is the reason for our current demise. Collectively the defence have ALL been culpable for atrocious defending not only this season, but in the prem last season too.

What I would like to know, and I think the players do to after witnessing the QPR debacle, is are we zonal marking or selective player marking when defending a set piece?!

[quote user="City 2nd"]You simply cannot pick one defender and state he is the reason for our current demise. Collectively the defence have ALL been culpable for atrocious defending not only this season, but in the prem last season too.

What I would like to know, and I think the players do to after witnessing the QPR debacle, is are we zonal marking or selective player marking when defending a set piece?![/quote]Thats just silly. Whatever you think of the standard of defending, its pretty unlikely that Alex Neil is sending them out and saying "Zonal or man marking, take your pick, just do whatever you feel".

morty wrote the following post at 2016-11-22 10:50 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

You simply cannot pick one defender and state he is the reason for our current demise. Collectively the defence have ALL been culpable for atrocious defending not only this season, but in the prem last season too. What I would like to know, and I think the players do to after witnessing the QPR debacle, is are we zonal marking or selective player marking when defending a set piece?!

Thats just silly. Whatever you think of the standard of defending, its pretty unlikely that Alex Neil is sending them out and saying "Zonal or man marking, take your pick, just do whatever you feel".

Yes Morty, I agree, but it does look that way, silly or not. Every time we have conceded in the last dozen games or so they all stand there pointing at one another, it appears questioning who should be doing what.

[quote user="City 2nd"]morty wrote the following post at 2016-11-22 10:50 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

You simply cannot pick one defender and state he is the reason for our current demise. Collectively the defence have ALL been culpable for atrocious defending not only this season, but in the prem last season too. What I would like to know, and I think the players do to after witnessing the QPR debacle, is are we zonal marking or selective player marking when defending a set piece?!

Thats just silly. Whatever you think of the standard of defending, its pretty unlikely that Alex Neil is sending them out and saying "Zonal or man marking, take your pick, just do whatever you feel".

Yes Morty, I agree, but it does look that way, silly or not. Every time we have conceded in the last dozen games or so they all stand there pointing at one another, it appears questioning who should be doing what.[/quote]Maybe they are just $hit?

I agree buh.

Especially when people bring up the one he couldn''t be arsed to do at the NCISA evening with Darren Huckerby.

They''d reserved him his own special seat and everything and then just couldn''t be arsed to turn up or even let anyone know...😂

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 2016-11-22 11:25 PM:

Perhaps when we let a goal in Bassong points at Bennett and says " did you have sex last night ? "

Well if Bennett''S sex life is based on him having a good game, he must be getting plenty! And as for Martin, doesn''t bare thinking about.

Fans were a disgrace at the weekend!! Bassong''s confidence shot to bits because of jeers, boos and sarcastic cheers. We''ve ruined a decent champs player much in the same way we ruined Snodgrass while he was at the club - he''s now doing ok.

Bassong helped two clubs to promotion last season .... Hasn''t suddenly become a bad player.

Oh great, another thread from Matt.

Well, while we''re on the subject of podcasts, isn''t the whole thing basically a rip off Kellow''s Bootlaces - the Exeter City fan podcast and show?

As for the decision to play Bassong, I actually didn''t mind it. Klose has been absolutely atrocious in recent weeks and needed a kick up the backside to remind him that he isn''t undroppable.

He got absolutely monstered by Dunk from a set play at Brighton and tried to do a ridiculous pirouette on the halfway line which also led to a goal. He also gave away a ridiculous free kick against Leeds which ultimately led to their winner.

Bassong wasn''t as bad as people make out in that game on Saturday. I don''t see how the sending off can be attributed to him. If Olsson does the sensible thing and puts his foot through it then the whole game is completely different.

I agree he should have done better for the first goal but equally Brady was totally static and allows Washington to get the run on him. Likewise Bennett and Ruddy were just as culpable as him for our second goal. It''s unfair to single him out alone for what is clearly a collective malaise.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="hogesar"]Bassong = guaranteed 0 points and a loss.

R

Bloody hell, must have imagined all those games with him and Turner at CB where we won! Must have also imagined us recalling him from Watford and winning games with him in defence then![/quote]

Really? Really? When was that? 4 yrs ago?

I''m talking about how you idiot, Bassong has been finished for 18 months now, he was poor all last season and nothing has changed[/quote]
Irony at it''s best.
I''ll tell you what wasn''t 4 years ago. Our last Championship season, and thus the most relevant to our discussion, which was, for fans of Norwich who don''t know the history of our club over the last 3 years, not last season, but the season before. 
You could always do another f*cking podcast on it. If a podcaster fell in the woods, would someone finally listen to them?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]F uck off Matt. No one cares about whiny little plastics.[/quote]

1. f. o - great response, really intelligent

2. Plastic? How so?

[quote user="City 2nd"]You simply cannot pick one defender and state he is the reason for our current demise. Collectively the defence have ALL been culpable for atrocious defending not only this season, but in the prem last season too.

What I would like to know, and I think the players do to after witnessing the QPR debacle, is are we zonal marking or selective player marking when defending a set piece?![/quote]

Thats funny because I am 100% not picking one defender as the reason for a current demise.

Read my post again. This post is me bashing Bassong again and AN for picking him when the end result is known pre game, at least it is for me.

Im not stupid enough to suggest a player that has played, what, 2 league games? can be the reason for our slide.

This is about AN continuing to pick a player that recent history has shown us that we concede when he plays and always lose (cup games aside). Not only do we lose, but Bassong is always directly responsible for at least 1 if not all goals conceded.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I agree buh.

Especially when people bring up the one he couldn''t be arsed to do at the NCISA evening with Darren Huckerby.

They''d reserved him his own special seat and everything and then just couldn''t be arsed to turn up or even let anyone know...😂[/quote]

Hahahahaah why is this even a thing and why are you so butt hurt about it? I cant even remember this, but apparently i didnt turn up. Probably because i couldnt be arsed! or had something better to do. Funnily enough, as much as i love NCFC, it isnt my whole life, and NCISA events have never been high on my to do list.

But well done on finding a flimsy stick to beat me with.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Fans were a disgrace at the weekend!! Bassong''s confidence shot to bits because of jeers, boos and sarcastic cheers. We''ve ruined a decent champs player much in the same way we ruined Snodgrass while he was at the club - he''s now doing ok.

Bassong helped two clubs to promotion last season .... Hasn''t suddenly become a bad player.[/quote]

I really dont think we can blame the fans for Basssong''s poor form, that really is scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Why is it im the only one who thinks Bassong is done and should be taken out back and put down. Im not making this up. Look at the latest example of Bassongs ineptness, the QPR game.

Look at the 2 goals and the penalty and tell me he did nothing wrong.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Fans were a disgrace at the weekend!! Bassong''s confidence shot to bits because of jeers, boos and sarcastic cheers. We''ve ruined a decent champs player much in the same way we ruined Snodgrass while he was at the club - he''s now doing ok.

Bassong helped two clubs to promotion last season .... Hasn''t suddenly become a bad player.[/quote]

Nail on the head Cobain, Bassong helped two clubs to promotion, not last season but 2 years ago.

Since then he has been abysmal in the prem, and abysmal this season.

He''s finished.

[quote user="Jacko"]Oh great, another thread from Matt.

Well, while we''re on the subject of podcasts, isn''t the whole thing basically a rip off Kellow''s Bootlaces - the Exeter City fan podcast and show?

As for the decision to play Bassong, I actually didn''t mind it. Klose has been absolutely atrocious in recent weeks and needed a kick up the backside to remind him that he isn''t undroppable.

He got absolutely monstered by Dunk from a set play at Brighton and tried to do a ridiculous pirouette on the halfway line which also led to a goal. He also gave away a ridiculous free kick against Leeds which ultimately led to their winner.

Bassong wasn''t as bad as people make out in that game on Saturday. I don''t see how the sending off can be attributed to him. If Olsson does the sensible thing and puts his foot through it then the whole game is completely different.

I agree he should have done better for the first goal but equally Brady was totally static and allows Washington to get the run on him. Likewise Bennett and Ruddy were just as culpable as him for our second goal. It''s unfair to single him out alone for what is clearly a collective malaise.[/quote]

" Well, while we''re on the subject of podcasts, isn''t the whole thing basically a rip off Kellow''s Bootlaces - the Exeter City fan podcast and show? "

Yes, yes it was, well remembered.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="hogesar"]Bassong = guaranteed 0 points and a loss.

R

Bloody hell, must have imagined all those games with him and Turner at CB where we won! Must have also imagined us recalling him from Watford and winning games with him in defence then![/quote]

I''m talking about how you idiot, Bassong has been finished for 18 months now, he was poor all last season and nothing has changed[/quote]
Irony at it''s best.
I''ll tell you what wasn''t 4 years ago. Our last Championship season, and thus the most relevant to our discussion, which was, for fans of Norwich who don''t know the history of our club over the last 3 years, not last season, but the season before. 
You could always do another f*cking podcast on it. If a podcaster fell in the woods, would someone finally listen to them?
[/quote]

Irony? a spelling error?

Haha, good one.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]These threads from Matt never disappoint[/quote]

I try, they normally follow a similar vein. I moan about something, normally Bassong after another debacle.

Then the usual suspects come out and poke me with a stick with podcast jibes yawn, some people just play devils advocate, a few agree and actually post something intelligent and relevant.

All good fun.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"][quote user="hogesar"]Bassong = guaranteed 0 points and a loss.

R

Irony at it''s best.
[/quote]

I might actually resurrect the podcast, it was fun. Then you morons can really have something to have a go at, rather than dusting off the same old tired joke from, literally, 10 years ago.

For someone name-calling everyone else repeatedly on this thread, ''morons'' being the latest term, you''d have thought you might have been able to figure out how to get quotes to work on here really, wouldn''t you?

[quote user="hogesar"]For someone name-calling everyone else repeatedly on this thread, ''morons'' being the latest term, you''d have thought you might have been able to figure out how to get quotes to work on here really, wouldn''t you?[/quote][:D]