Sign in to follow this  
The Big Bad Wolf

Chris Hughton

Our former manager has done a fantastic job of building a team that has a realistic chance of replacing us next season. His team have also been quite attacking and scored a good few goals to show he can set teams up effectively to play a different brand to what we saw at the end of his CR days. He did a good job for us for a while. If he had stayed it makes me wonder if he would have got us straight back up. Nevertheless, good luck to him...I think everyone agreed he was one of the nice guys in football.

I think it''s fair to say he has learned from his mistakes.
His brand of football was the most joyless and unentertaining sh*te I have ever seen served up in all my years of supporting the club.  Timid, spineless and utterly ineffective as our away record showed.  It was as if he was apologising to every teadefm we played against with his piss-poor tactics anddefeatist attitude.
I''m sure he''s a very nice man and charming company, but to be honest I don''t care if he flays and tortures goats in his spare time as long as he can lead the club and the team into attacking, entertaining and confident football in the Norwich City way.
So in summary, no.

Some of the most turgid football I have ever seen. he''s done a good job at Brighton, Newcastle, Birmingham he just never felt right here.

[quote user="The Big Bad Wolf"]Our former manager has done a fantastic job of building a team that has a realistic chance of replacing us next season. His team have also been quite attacking and scored a good few goals to show he can set teams up effectively to play a different brand to what we saw at the end of his CR days. He did a good job for us for a while. If he had stayed it makes me wonder if he would have got us straight back up. Nevertheless, good luck to him...I think everyone agreed he was one of the nice guys in football.[/quote]You are LDC in disguise (albeit not a very good one) and I claim my £5

I didn''t say he played a good brand of football with us...far from it. But his current team play in a completely different style now. I think he is a better manager today. He might easily be a PL manager again next season. That''s exactly why I would keep faith in AN. Some people do learn from their mistakes. I would like AN to learn and for us to benefit not another team.

The reality of hughtons and his football was now where near as bad as the legend and certainly no worse than the dross Neil has served up this season.

[quote user="Mr Sausage"]The reality of hughtons and his football was now where near as bad as the legend and certainly no worse than the dross Neil has served up this season.[/quote]
Appropriate you are a sausage as you really are a pr1ck.

Hughton got sacked in early April, iirc. We are now early May, has AN got more points on the board now than Hughton did when he got the push?

''''Appropriate you are a sausage as you really are a pr1ck.''''.......Katie Borkins to Mr Sausage.

Oh Dear Wavey your relationship with Katie has taken a turn for the Wurst.

Hughton played more attacking football in the champs with Newcastle, but then became more defensive when they got promoted. He was sacked because of it and you only have to speak to their fans to realise how dull it had become.

He reverted to type at Norwich.

I full expect a similar thing to happen if he gets Brighton promoted.

Snake

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''''Appropriate you are a sausage as you really are a pr1ck.''''.......Katie Borkins to Mr Sausage.

Oh Dear Wavey your relationship with Katie has taken a turn for the Wurst.[/quote]
[:D]
I never liked little pr1cks.

This makes me wonder would we have more points on the board had we kept the style of play pre Newcastle game. Yes we might have got we''ll beat by the top teams, I''m sure we would have got more points off the teams around us.

FFS any half decent side can play attacking football in the chumps.

What would be interesting is if he did take Brighton up would they still play free flowing attacking football or would they set up to try not to concede and hence not get beat ?

Would he have a plan B for once the first goal had been conceded ?