Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Stefano Denswil

Norwich apparently pursuing him from Brugge. He looks the part, is young, and has Champions League experience. Personally think he would be a great signing and would plug that gap in defence. And fairly realistic.

Sorry but ridiculous, was a mere inquiry from a report on Twitter from one guy to another guy. Bruges are the champions  of Belgium, in the Champions league next season, so i cant see why he would want to choose a English Championship side. Also noted that Barcelona were tentatively interested in him.If any club simply inquire about any player, there is no evidence that means for definite they are pursuing him. He does look handy though admittedly.

Never heard of him/seen him play before so can''t comment but he ticks a lot of the boxes- position of need, young enough to improve but experienced enough to have a day one impact.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Sorry but ridiculous, was a mere inquiry from a report on Twitter from one guy to another guy. Bruges are the champions  of Belgium, in the Champions league next season, so i cant see why he would want to choose a English Championship side. Also noted that Barcelona were tentatively interested in him.If any club simply inquire about any player, there is no evidence that means for definite they are pursuing him. He does look handy though admittedly.[/quote]Ah Twatter so it must be true. [:|]

For anyone to think us signing this chap is beyond the realms of possibility is what is nonsense. The Championship is a bigger league than any in Belgium.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]For anyone to think us signing this chap is beyond the realms of possibility is what is nonsense. The Championship is a bigger league than any in Belgium.[/quote]

But it''s not bigger than champions league football and the potential move that could bring. I''d be very surprised if he came to the championship.

I would be surprised too beagle, but surely it is not beyond possibility? Just because a footballer plays CL football somewhere does not mean he cant move to a club who do not. To think this is just ridiculous. Especially a player like this.

This is slightly different but Vadis left the same club to join us when we were in the championship and his side had qualified for Europa League. I know huge difference between champions league and europa league tho.

I''m not saying its impossible, I just think it''s unlikely. Also I hope the club has done good research on this player compared to the usual scouting. It''s vital he can adapt to the rough and tumble of the championship week in week out, personally I''d prefer we aim for a centre back from our own league system.

Dont forget that the Championship is the fifth biggest league in Europe (behind the Prem and presumably the top leagues in Germany, Spain and Italy). So in effect the Championship is a step up from his current league.

Hopefully we will be signing a good young centre back this summer (without taking money away from signing two strikers).

If he joined us and had a bad game the miserableswould call him "stefano pigswill"

Just saying

Ref - Aaron wheeliebin and of course "Dave"

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Could be a big signing for us ! ......... nearly as big as Stefano Naismith ;-)[/quote]

The really big signing wold be Akinfenwa, but he''s out of our league.